PDA

View Full Version : 100 ugliest cars ?

Spike
09/02/2008, 06:09 PM
We dodged a major bullet!!! (even if it IS a Brit publication) :bgwo:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/main.jhtml?xml=/motoring/2008/08/25/mfuglycars123.xml

Thmstec
09/02/2008, 07:04 PM
that list was BS....the Aston Martin Lagonda is the most beautiful car of all time ;). And really, the Porsche Cayenne doesn't belong at number 5...but I could whine all day about how those brits ranked the list. I'll just agree with Aztec being number 1. :p

Spike
09/02/2008, 07:18 PM
I happen to agree about the Lagonda - one of my favorites as well.. Used to see a navy blue one driving around once in a rare while back in the mid 80s.

Other disagreement - I happen to kinda like the X6

But I really dont like the cayenne ... eh...

Pepino
09/02/2008, 08:12 PM
i dont agree with 99!! the Subaru Tribeca i have one and its one of my favorite SUV's out there right now every time i see it i like it more

pbkid
09/02/2008, 09:59 PM
oh thats such a load of crap...

i think the evo is beautifully designed car....

also the 300C, with paint, rims, and tint its an awesome looking car....

BMW 6 series?? very elegant car....

rolls royce phantom....beautiful interior...its like a limo....

im curious what they consider to be a good looking car....

Riff Raff
09/03/2008, 02:59 AM
I disagree with choice #8. The HUMMER is a TRUCK, not a car, and this opinion poll is about cars, not trucks (by nature of the article's title, possibly why the Isuzu VehiCROSS is not listed as it is a truck). Plus it's the HUMMER HX/H-4 "2-Door Concept" which isn't even scheduled for mass production until 2010. They forgot to mention a third appropriate place for this vehicle in the article-- MY DRIVEWAY!!! Those Brit's seriously need to lay off the green (cannibis) tea!!! Enough said.

circmand
09/03/2008, 08:49 AM
This is a list compiled and voted on by the british. They are responsible for most of the ugly cars on the road and the POS on the side of the road. Their main guy in electrics is Lucas the dreaded Lord of Darkness. The only thing his company made that didn't suck was a vacuum cleaner. You might as well ask their opinion of the 100 worst tasting food (anything trhat isn't boiled) or who has the best smiles.:eek:

tom4bren
09/03/2008, 09:11 AM
The Fiat Doblo came in at 95 ... shoulda been #2 ... FUGLY

JHarris1385
09/03/2008, 11:45 AM
I hate to say...but for a second I wanted an aztek. I think it was only because of the cooler console that could hold a twelve pack of........

I will also mention I am now a fan of the Alfa Romeo SZ...never knew it existed.

kodiak
09/03/2008, 01:40 PM
They have a Range Rover on the list and no VX, WTH! Steve, you need to send in some pix!:confused: I guess the VX is just to rare.:p

circmand
09/03/2008, 03:35 PM
Nice play on words there! Why are we picking on the Brits though? We have UK members here so obviously some of them know what's up! And, besides, the Aztec was pretty damn ugly - and it is American.

Can't take full credit for the Lucas quote it is from another site I frequent. But I pick on the British because I have a LBC and it is the most frustrating yet sporty car I have ever owned a 1974 Jensen Healey. Lets see you buy a car own it for 7 years without being able to drive it pay twice what it is worth to fix it up and see how you feel. I think I am finally going to have it road worthy and driving next week or the week after

Spike
09/03/2008, 04:50 PM
I disagree with choice #8. The HUMMER is a TRUCK, not a car, and this opinion poll is about cars, not trucks (by nature of the article's title, possibly why the Isuzu VehiCROSS is not listed as it is a truck). Plus it's the HUMMER HX/H-4 "2-Door Concept" which isn't even scheduled for mass production until 2010. They forgot to mention a third appropriate place for this vehicle in the article-- MY DRIVEWAY!!! Those Brit's seriously need to lay off the green (cannibis) tea!!! Enough said.

I wouldnt get overly technical here... 'car' obviously refers to 'consumer vehicle' ... doesnt matter if it is a 'car' or a 'truck' or a '3 wheeler with a passenger compartment'

mdwyer
09/04/2008, 08:05 AM
oh thats such a load of crap...
i think the evo is beautifully designed car....

Maybe I just like 'ugly' cars...

When I bought my Subaru, I was intentionally looking for something that looked like nothing else on the road. So, I got one of the few GC6 Imprezas, back when the Lancer in the US was still an underpowered grocery-getter.

When everybody ELSE was getting Subarus and I no longer had a unique car, I found myself in the market for a VX. :)

The new Subarus, I think, now look too boring. They compounded that silly Neon headlight problem with the same jelly-bean shape mini-wagon that's flooded the market. I'm not even going to mention the Tribeca, except to say it is kind of nice inside, I suppose. Subaru lost the plot. The Mitsu Evo, though, looks like a proper sporty car, now. I like it. It isn't an Exige, but it'll do.

PS: Speaking of blue subarus, there's also that nasty of habit of the local chav kids of wraping their blue subarus around light poles at triple-digit speeds...

Joe Isuzu
09/04/2008, 11:29 AM
thanks for the link on this article. It's always interesting seeing what people on the other side of the pond think about cars. There were many surprising choices I thought and not enought truly goofy ones that died a justifiably quick death. I had to laugh at the Aztek though, Americans themselves like to give it a good tongue lashing and It hought it was funny that we agreed with the Brits on that one. It had some interesting features, but I can't imagine seeing the prototype and NOT thinking, "man, this just isn't a very attractive vehicle".

BritVX
09/05/2008, 04:26 AM
Haven't visited the site for quite a while and was suprised to see the article from the Telegraph. Had a great laugh at the other commentors in the thread. As a token Brit I'd like to defend British design............... but can't, we've made some god awful cars and now have no British owned car manufacturing to go with it. As can be seen from the top 20 the 80's were a bad time here. That being said we do have a few gems TVR or Lotus? OK so they don't run that well but at least their pretty. :)

Cobrajet
09/05/2008, 02:57 PM
There were certainly quite a few dogs on that list, and the Aztec fits at the top, but then there were some absolutely beautiful cars in that list, too. Lexus 430SC, Porsche Boxster, BMW 6-series, Jaguar XJ-S!! These don't belong on the list. The VehiCROSS doesn't earn a spot on this list either.

alanbradley
09/07/2008, 02:11 PM
They have a Range Rover on the list and no VX, WTH! Steve, you need to send in some pix!:confused: I guess the VX is just to rare.:p

Yep - WAY too rare...

Us Brits have designed some stinkers over the years, but British design skills are the best in the world (says the former product designer) and vehicle makers around the globe fall over themselves to hire us - even US ones... :p

In the 70s and 80s British manufacturing (particularly of cars and car components) sucked. It sucked monkey nuts as Trade Unions were running (actually "closing") the nationalised motor factories with no concept of "quality" with which to put into practice the great ideas of the design departments.

IMHO of course...

The Aztek is a fugly POS, the Alfa SZ is gloriously gorgeous when you see it in the flesh -particularly in the sun at a French service station.

A

Jolly Roger VX'er
09/07/2008, 08:06 PM
thanks for the link on this article. It's always interesting seeing what people on the other side of the pond think about cars. There were many surprising choices I thought and not enought truly goofy ones that died a justifiably quick death. I had to laugh at the Aztek though, Americans themselves like to give it a good tongue lashing and It hought it was funny that we agreed with the Brits on that one. It had some interesting features, but I can't imagine seeing the prototype and NOT thinking, "man, this just isn't a very attractive vehicle".

When the Aztec first came out...all I could think of was that darn station wagon the Griswolds piled into in the first "Vacation" movie with Chevy Chase.

circmand
09/08/2008, 01:37 PM
Family Truckster

Spike
09/08/2008, 03:57 PM
Maybe I just like 'ugly' cars...

PS: Speaking of blue subarus, there's also that nasty of habit of the local chav kids of wraping their blue subarus around light poles at triple-digit speeds...

Just ask Etlsport - about a certain black Subaru rolling a few times!

Too bad they arent wrapping Prius' around light poles, especially blue ones,
not black Prius, not red Prius, but blue Prius. But not really a blue Prius, more of a "BLUE" Prius.

... I used to pick Priuses out of the fangs of my VX.

etlsport
09/08/2008, 04:55 PM
more of a "BLUE" Prius.
... I used to pick Priuses out of the fangs of my VX.

SPARKLY!

Greasemonkey
09/13/2008, 01:17 PM
Kodiak
email already been sent to the Telegraph - no reply so far lol
cheers
Steve