PDA

View Full Version : vx cover?

andy454
07/01/2003, 07:43 AM
Does anyone know of a good cover for the vx? Thanks

Spike
07/01/2003, 10:25 AM
Best cover?

3 walls, a roof, and a big door (remote controlled of course)

I wish I had one!
(well I do, but there is a '71 Nova coupe, 97% factory, 31,000 miles, sitting in it... )

I've not seen any covers for VX, but some of the cover manufacturers offer custom sizes via special order ...

... Or maybe one that fits the BMW X5 SUV wanna-be

Anita
07/01/2003, 11:10 AM
Navigator recently sold a custom cover he had for the VX. You could email him for the info or Navigator could post the info (??).

;Dr; ;Dr;

Simon Templar
07/01/2003, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Spike

I wish I had one!
(well I do, but there is a '71 Nova coupe, 97% factory, 31,000 miles, sitting in it... )

Naaaah! You just need to learn how to pack properly.

Mine presently contains my VX, my wifes' Saturn (don't blame me...she bought it against advice), a '57 Isetta, and a '67 Volvo P1800.

Things are a a bit cramped....but everything stays dry.

.....sT

Spike
07/01/2003, 09:33 PM
This is a 1 car garage... they actually made those about 35 yrs ago.. :P

Isetta? Thats cheating! Thats half a car!

It runs?

How on earth did you get ahold of one of those?

BlackVX
07/02/2003, 06:48 AM
Woah, that is fricking small!
http://www.outerorbits.com/isetta/Chuys%20Elvis%20With%20Andys%20Isetta%20Small.jpg

Dallas4u
07/02/2003, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by Simon Templar
... and a '67 Volvo P1800.

.....sT

Wow... you must REALLY like The Saint. Didn't he (Rodger Moore) drive a Volvo P1800 in the TV series? Nice car, by the way. I've seen a couple around the Portland area. How does it drive? Maintenance? Expensive to keep up?

dogue
07/03/2003, 07:21 AM
I have a great car cover for my VX. It is light weight, and can be washed in your home washing machine. I love it. I cannot remember the brand, but I bought it from Special Touch Auto Polishing in Scottsdale, AZ 480.368.9776 ask for Big Al and tell him you want a cover for your Vehicross like Terry's from the Ferrari Club. He should remember the brand and give you a quote. It is custom fit and easy to take on and off.

Simon Templar
07/04/2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Dallas4u
Didn't he (Rodger Moore) drive a Volvo P1800 in the TV series? Nice car, by the way. I've seen a couple around the Portland area. How does it drive? Maintenance? Expensive to keep up?

Actually....I've had the P1800 since about '75 or '76. Drives wonderful....my favourite car. Maintenance is not bad at all ....as I don't drive it very much. Mostly, it sits in the garage and gets waxed. Today (the 4th) is the first time it's been out of the barn since last October.

As for the Isetta.....when I was younger my father had one. So, when I happened to trip over one for sale cheap back in '82 or '83, I jumped on it. It's the original pastel green (sort of the colour of pea soup). Will try to dig up a photo of it.

.....sT

JAFO
07/05/2003, 01:11 PM
I have seen a couple of websites that have them listed.

www.carcoverworld.com (http://www.carcoverworld.com)
Has some ranging from $112.62 for Multibond / Block-It 200 Series to $363.91 for WeatherShieldŽ HD-Grey. With many other models inbetween.

I thought about buying one but I think that I'm going to just go with the UVS100 Heat Shield windsheld sun screen. It's $42.52 but I haven't been able to find a standard sun screen at the local autopart stores that will fit. There "standard" size seems to be the right width but the "jumbo" size is the right height.

www.autoanything.com (http://www.autoanything.com)
Auto Anything has the Ultra Guard custom covers in six different colors (red, blue, grey, black, tan, and yellow) for $299.95 for the VX. Other models available with varying prices.

JAFO

BTW prices do not include shipping and handling, and are subject to change at anytime :p

andy454
07/07/2003, 06:16 AM
Thanks for all the info. I usually drive her to the gm proving grounds on monday and take my company dmax all week so a cover would be a great investment. Thanks again for the help.