PDA

View Full Version : Tow Hook Replacements

VX1032
08/26/2008, 06:40 AM
Has anyone found a replacement for the front tow hook? I am not refering to another hook, personally I don't like hooks, I would prefer a full loop or ring. Trying to see if anyone has one that will fit both front spots on the Vehicross.

etlsport
08/26/2008, 09:08 AM
Has anyone found a replacement for the front tow hook? I am not refering to another hook, personally I don't like hooks, I would prefer a full loop or ring. Trying to see if anyone has one that will fit both front spots on the Vehicross.

some of the troopers and rodeos had hooks that have small spring clips to make sure nothing comes off and i know they fit.. thats all i have seen/heard of

Ldub
08/26/2008, 11:15 AM
You could get these: http://cgi.ebay.com/U-Weld-clevis-mounts-for-Jeep-Toyota-Ford-Chevy_W0QQitemZ220273538483QQcmdZViewItem?hash=ite m220273538483&_trkparms=72%3A552%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C2 40%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

and modify them to fit, by welding them to some 1/4 or 3/8" plate steel, drilling holes in the appropriate places & bolting them to the stock hook location(s). Then hang clevis loops of your choice...:_wrench:

I would cut as much length as possible off them before welding to the brackets, maybe even angle them back a little to keep as much approach angle as possible.

Riff Raff
08/27/2008, 02:37 AM
I saw that "LITTLE BEAST" had twin chrome tow hooks on the front of his VX. Just click on the "photo gallery" of LITTLE BEAST, and you will see some good photos of the twin tow hooks in place. Twin hooks to match the twin fangs in the grill. Looked pretty decent!

etlsport
08/27/2008, 06:49 AM
I saw that "LITTLE BEAST" had twin chrome tow hooks on the front of his VX. Just click on the "photo gallery" of LITTLE BEAST, and you will see some good photos of the twin tow hooks in place. Twin hooks to match the twin fangs in the grill. Looked pretty decent!

iirc they didnt fit properly and were only attached with one bolt, i think he removes them and puts the stock one back on for offroading

VX1032
09/12/2008, 02:14 PM
Anyone up for fabbing some recovery points up? I like the pieces LDUB posted from ebay, but they are way too think. they probably shouldn't be hard to make, a flat piece with two bolt holes in it, and another piece welded to it forming a 90 degree angle with the curve and hole in the end. I do like the idea of them angled a little, maybe a gusset in between the bolt holes for sideways pulling resistance?

I can't weld, so I am out. I can't find anyone around here that fabbs stuff up that will return an e-mail either. I need two, one for each side.