PDA

View Full Version : Oil Loss - Causes, Cures and Ideas.....

JHarris1385
08/26/2008, 06:19 AM
Hi John,

Its not actually oil loss that’s a problem its oil pressure loss. Where the oil filter bolts onto the engine you will see that it does not bolt directly to the block. It bolts onto a cast metal item which is attached to the block. This cast piece that sits between the block and the oil filter is one of the main problems of oil pressure loss. Inside it there is very sharp bends which restricts oil flow and therefore oil pressure.

We solve this issue by removing this cast piece and have it replaced with another fitting that allows the oil filter to be remote mounted. This will be available for purchase shortly.

The other issue is only when the engine is pulled down. The oil feed system to the main bearings comes in at the number 1 piston and travels along feeding the others. This means that the number 6 piston is the last one to get any oil fed to it and is why the number 6 bearing is prone to failure. We have a modified oil delivery system available which rectifies this problem and gives even oil flow and pressure to all main bearings.

Information regarding the Wolf V500 can be found in this link:

http://www.wolfems.com/index.html

Kind Regards,
Luke Amanatidis - Director
Mobile: 0403 045 577
Office: +61 03 9312 4555
Fax: +61 03 9312 4566
http://www.hpheaven.com.au

These are the same as the HP Heaven thread I made as well.

WormGod
08/26/2008, 07:24 AM
The other issue is only when the engine is pulled down. The oil feed system to the main bearings comes in at the number 1 piston and travels along feeding the others. This means that the number 6 piston is the last one to get any oil fed to it and is why the number 6 bearing is prone to failure.

Thats fairly typical with many vehicles. Usually why when a piston goes, it's usually #6 (6cyl, of course :p ). Funny this is coming up because I have a buddy who JUST took delivery of his Dodge pickup yesterday after getting #6 replaced for the wear-n-tear, heh.

Interesting to see what their remedy is for this, not that it's really a problem, but more of a precaution.

psychos2
08/26/2008, 02:51 PM
I thought it was the #1 rod bearing that failed in the 3.5? shawn

Rene M
09/01/2008, 04:43 PM
that is the one i lost too.... hence there is an accusump on my new motor which gets rid of all those pesky problems....
I now have a 3 qt reserve and never have to fire my VX up dry again....

Can you say Pre lube.....:jump:

Ldub
09/01/2008, 04:48 PM
that is the one i lost too.... hence there is an accusump on my new motor which gets rid of all those pesky problems....
I now have a 3 qt reserve and never have to fire my VX up dry again....

Can you say Pre lube.....:jump:

Sooooo...is posting more details/links/and or pics an option???:_wrench:

Rene M
09/01/2008, 04:59 PM
Sooooo...is posting more details/links/and or pics an option???:_wrench:

http://www.accusump.com/

tech..
http://www.accusump.com/accusump_tech.html

In a not shell its an air over oil accumulator..
the cyl has a small adjustable air charge in the unit and it is plumed to the oil supply side on the other.
As oil is pumped to the engine it will also pump three qts to the accusump, which in turn will stay in reserve and supply the engine with oil if the oil pressure drops.
The oil pump pushes oil and so does the accusump on the other end with you engine in the middle if oil pressure drops from the oil pump the accusump will discharge oil in to the oil system to keep up oil pressure until the oil pump can catch up.
While the key is on the accusump has an open valve, so when you turn the key off the electric solinoid closes the valve trapping pressurised oil in the accusump so the next time you turn the key on... oil rushes back in to the engine and you no longer have a dry start...
i use them on my road race cars for high g turn when the oil runs away from the pick up, they also work great for 4x4's.

Rene M
09/01/2008, 05:01 PM
That help?
its cheep ins.;)

Ldub
09/01/2008, 05:04 PM
That help?
its cheep ins.;)

Very interesting...gonna have to look further into that...:_wrench:
Thank You...:thumbup:

Rene M
09/01/2008, 05:05 PM