08/20/2008, 08:12 PM
I came across this Volk Racing wheel foldout I
had from probably 6 or 7 yrs ago.
Thought one of their choice of model vehicles was
interesting...
and its been modded no less :)

twistedsymphony
08/20/2008, 08:18 PM
is it just me or is that thing LOWERED with custom cladding?

the lines of the cladding seem accentuated like they made the fenders larger, added a bit of a cut out under the door and an extra reverse light or something. also there's that "swoop" under the rear door.

it's obviously a Japanese model (note the side marker) but I didn't think those had any different cladding.

now I'm going to day dream about a wide body cladding kit... and other things that will never happen :rolleyes:

Cyrk
08/20/2008, 08:21 PM
That is the turbo mooncraft VX:
http://vehi.world.coocan.jp/moon/moon.htm

I want those wheels... So much money.
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/VX_Volk.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=5851)

Vehi-Cross-Az, do you want to sell me that poster?

twistedsymphony
08/20/2008, 08:24 PM
interesting...

now that I see more of it I'm not sure if I like it... wider more aggressive fenders would be cool but this seems to be trying to make the VX into a low rider or something :laughy:

WormGod
08/21/2008, 07:54 AM
Ya, Mooncraft all the way. Always did like that one-off cladding design. Visually, it would ONLY look good if the VX was dropped a bit too. Not many fans of lowering the VX here, but I would consider a couple of inches, especially since mine stays ONroad. ;)

nfpgasmask
08/21/2008, 08:17 AM
mine stays ONroad. ;)

That my friend, is your own personal problem. ;)

Bart

LittleBeast
08/21/2008, 02:17 PM
Ya, Mooncraft all the way. Always did like that one-off cladding design. Visually, it would ONLY look good if the VX was dropped a bit too. Not many fans of lowering the VX here, but I would consider a couple of inches, especially since mine stays ONroad. ;)

BOOOOOOO, Hisssssssss, BOOOOOOOOO, Hissssssssss

The mooncraft looks like the Vehicross from the 80s, it is definitely a step back in my opinion. I am not a fan of lowering any car that was not originally intended to be a sports car, period. You want a sports car, buy a sports car, you want a huge wing on the back, buy a car designed for a huge wing on the rear, you want an offroading beast, buy one that was meant for it. It would be like the NFL playing darts all of a sudden.

nfpgasmask
08/21/2008, 02:23 PM
BOOOOOOO, Hisssssssss, BOOOOOOOOO, Hissssssssss

The mooncraft looks like the Vehicross from the 80s, it is definitely a step back in my opinion. I am not a fan of lowering any car that was not originally intended to be a sports car, period. You want a sports car, buy a sports car, you want a huge wing on the back, buy a car designed for a huge wing on the rear, you want an offroading beast, buy one that was meant for it. It would be like the NFL playing darts all of a sudden.

Yeah, I agree. Its fugly, especially how the cladding and the paint job vary slightly. I am not sure if they wanted it to match, but that slight color varation makes it look terrible. It would have been better looking with more stark contrast.

I will say this though, despite the fact that it is in no way anywhere close to my taste, the workmanship that went into that mod is impressive.

Bart

LittleBeast
08/21/2008, 02:37 PM
Yeah, I agree. Its fugly, especially how the cladding and the paint job vary slightly. I am not sure if they wanted it to match, but that slight color varation makes it look terrible. It would have been better looking with more stark contrast.

I will say this though, despite the fact that it is in no way anywhere close to my taste, the workmanship that went into that mod is impressive.

Bart

Totally agree

Gussie2000
08/21/2008, 05:52 PM
interesting...

now that I see more of it I'm not sure if I like it... wider more aggressive fenders would be cool but this seems to be trying to make the VX into a low rider or something :laughy:

I guess the jeep engineers develope the grand cherokee SRT-8 when they saw this VX :p

Vehi-Cross-Az
08/21/2008, 06:39 PM
I like the VX both all ways...
lowered 1-2" , stock or even lifted 2"
and even stock if I had to. It would still
get the job done for everyday driving or more so
around the corners for "everyday" driving to be honest.
Since Im more on road then off.

SYNTHETICDARKNESS
08/22/2008, 06:55 AM
in my opinion, if they would keep the vx stock and lowered it it would look better, still not bad just a bit too bulky looking like it's going to give birth. I don't think it's lowered though look at the cladding and the wheels, the cladding seems to extend down further, then the wheels don't seem as big, because the exhaust is still about the same height as our's, and same so with the door line. I don't know how much scale usage i'm using comparing a picture of the drivers side with a picture of mine sitting the same and with the same distance, but everything seems to be pretty close, just that illusion it's lowered from all that's done. if i get my 20's i'd like to at least lower mine to get rid of some wheel gap, but not slam it, it would give it that nice mercedes look:_drool:

WormGod
08/22/2008, 07:02 AM
Haters, the whole lot of ya's! Wow, especially you Little Beast. Such passion in your hate. :p

Well, say what you all want, but most of the haters also live in areas where it is "possible" to take a vehicle offroad. Sure, you can do that here, if you don't mind getting surrounded by state and park police vehicles and choppers. In all honestly, I probably wouldn't if I could anyways. Might get her.... dirty or scratched. :bwgy:

SYNTHETICDARKNESS
08/22/2008, 07:15 AM
if it looked like the one in the little banner you have it would be so much better, i like it just not as much please i'm not a hater :_crying: lol.

Vehi-Cross-Az
08/22/2008, 08:45 AM
to me the closest vehicle our Vxs come close
in these days are the Porsche Cheyenne.
At my shop we have lowered at least 3 of those
and have yet to lift one, and those thing dropped
look great and the customers love driving them
even more then stock. I have to agree with them.
Even if the Vx was dropped say 1-2" it would still
live up to its PUV catagory, even more so then it does
now if you ask me. In my opinion the engineers who
designed it never meant it to be an wicked hill climbing
off road truck, but a wicked on road, canyon carving
personal transport whether it be in rain,
snow or whatever mother nature
could throw at it.
It just so happens to off-road well, but where do we
drive these things 90% of the time ? .....the streets
and highways where it was intended.
I much compare it to my Subaru Svx but on steriods and
would never consider taking my Svx hill climbing. But love
the way the Vx handlings around curves in rain or dry and
exceleratas out of a turn when a Bmw is on my ***. :)

SYNTHETICDARKNESS
08/22/2008, 11:56 AM
you had an svx too, mine was a 94 and got the tranny rebuilt twice, then yet again it failed, so i sold it to some guy in mich. for 1200, love the car, but way too expensive to maintain compared to the vx. in my opinion i love the vx way more then the svx, just wish i could drop 2-4 inch, just to take some of the fender gap out. still gotta lot of pics of the svx if you want me to send some to you. can't forget though the vx is really good off road and on, but i'm going for more of the on road, don't wanna break or wear out anything from playing in the mud and so on, think i've only done it 3-4 times and had a lot of fun, if i had more money i'd buy one for off road then keep my other one for on road. anyways to me the vx low normal high look awesome. just one of my thoughts.

Vehi-Cross-Az
08/22/2008, 08:30 PM
I still have 2 Svx's. ..have had one since 1999.
Its what encouraged me to open up the website
www.planetsvx.com

they have some issues, but I love it and cant
get rid of mine.
Was your 94 fwd or awd ? (both where offered that yr)

When I drive my svx and then jump in my vx, its like driving
my Svx, but higher :) and a little slower

SYNTHETICDARKNESS
08/22/2008, 09:13 PM
mine was awd, and i would of love to keep it, but with the tranny problems i was having i couldn't bare it no more :( , but maybe thats why i was so comfortable in the vx my first drive almost the same feel:bgwo:, i'd say my vx is about almost as snappy as my svx not totally but close with everything i have done to the vx, but with the vx they have so much more parts and cost is cheaper also and easier to get, does that make any since -svx about 25,000 vx about 4500 you'd figure the bigger number car would have a lot more performance parts and whole parts too from some big companies. by the way i've been on your page 100's of times when i had mine think i talked to you when i got my kumho's, which the 18's and all are on the crv with still almost full tread at 20,000 on them. sorry people had to talk about the svx if you had one you'd probably scratch your head like i did when i seen there is more for the vx, plus some of the svx people that are nice are rare to talk to also sorry.

Vehi-Cross-Az
08/22/2008, 10:02 PM
its all good..
long live both the Svx's and Vx's and their owners :)

MDMason
08/23/2008, 01:51 PM
That's the biggest bunch of BS I've heard of. I contacted NASA and they never heard of it. I contacted ISUZU and they never delivered a Vehicross to the moon. What kind of crap are you guys trying to pull

Triathlete
08/23/2008, 02:13 PM
That's the biggest bunch of BS I've heard of. I contacted NASA and they never heard of it. I contacted ISUZU and they never delivered a Vehicross to the moon. What kind of crap are you guys trying to pull

Yea, and Area 51 didn't exist either!:bwgy:
Deny everything until proven otherwise!:cool:

SYNTHETICDARKNESS
08/23/2008, 07:09 PM
why so hostle, it's a vx with a certain mark. SO you have contacted nasa, how long did it take till they got to you, because i tried calling about buying space on the moon for my kids from what was on the news and could never get a hold of a rep. I'm not trying to be a d#$k, but don't be so mean, these forums are for people to talk and understand and learn, not like yahoo chat and others, these are people that have similiar things in common or want help, please don't start fights on these, not saying you are, but in my opinion pretty aggressive. there are certain cars out there where maybe only a handfull are extreme compared to anything else you know, don't just rely on some internet stuff, gotta get reliable sources also, not just what everyone is saying, but you gotta take in what some people say and compare it to things to see what is better, sometimes good sometimes bad, but people are just being helpful or knowledgeful about things.

Triathlete
08/23/2008, 07:29 PM
I took it as a joke...I just think he forgot the smiley at the end. That is why I brought the funny in response.:rolleyes:
Maybe I just read way to much between the lines?:bgwo:

SYNTHETICDARKNESS
08/23/2008, 07:41 PM
well if it's a joke i'm sorry, you can smack me if you want, sometimes i get to defensive, again sorry if it was funny:o just want everyone to get along, been on sites where it wasn't worth it, and this site so far in my opinion is great compared to others i've been on for vehicles, sorry if i'm spelling bad, little to much miller going on.:p

nfpgasmask
08/23/2008, 07:54 PM
well if it's a joke i'm sorry, you can smack me if you want, sometimes i get to defensive, again sorry if it was funny:o just want everyone to get along, been on sites where it wasn't worth it, and this site so far in my opinion is great compared to others i've been on for vehicles, sorry if i'm spelling bad, little to much miller going on.:p

Dude, I think you will find, like I did, that this forum is easily one of the best car forums out there. 90% of the peeps on here are good people. Sure, you will always have someone who likes to start a little trouble, but take it with a grain of salt, after all its the Internet. There are way too many people who read way to much into what is said on online forums.

Bart

SYNTHETICDARKNESS
08/24/2008, 07:45 AM
you got that right, and i try to ignore it, but it gets so irritating when people just like to come and start problems, makes you wonder sometimes, but your are absolutly right.

MDMason
08/24/2008, 03:19 PM
Read this thread and then talk to me about no sense of humor. http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=13985

SYNTHETICDARKNESS
08/24/2008, 04:56 PM
well my apology, sometimes it's hard to tell when someone joking at least for me.