PDA

View Full Version : For all you Hummer fans....

WormGod
06/30/2003, 08:14 PM
Just came across this. Looks painful, but it says a lot about them expensive boats.

http://www.mpjforums.com/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=8289

hchen
06/30/2003, 08:17 PM
well they were probalby going pretty quick ... no car/suv would look good after something like that =/ hummers are nice tho...for ballers

Spike
06/30/2003, 08:18 PM
OUCH!

That one must have been hit by a LARGER ship from the 'Asteroids' game...

VehiX
06/30/2003, 08:28 PM
Here's another for all you hummer fans, some folks make it look easy to tip over a hummer, this idiot uses just one hand ;eeko;

http://www.whiteknight.ca/hum.mpeg

http://www.whiteknight.ca/cHUM4.jpg

:rollo2:

WormGod
06/30/2003, 09:42 PM
One thing is for sure.... I would rather be the driver in that dually in the background. I think the driver of the Hummer has a hell of a headache.

AREA 51
07/01/2003, 07:35 AM
H2 Hummer= glorified Suburban;)

AlaskaVX
07/01/2003, 10:47 AM
I don't care for Hummers, all the owners think they can go anywhere :rolleyes: I just tell them to follow me down a 4-wheeler trail and I'll see them at the end.... hehehe (hope you don't care about that paint). Up here in Alaska when the H2 first came out the owner of the Hummer company had a seizure or something driving in downtown anchorage. He hit 8-10 cars before it ever came to a stop.

SPAZZ
07/01/2003, 11:39 AM
I would trade my VX straight up any day for a reall Hummer. But, I would never even put an H2 anywhere near in the category as a reall Hummer. The H2 is not a Hummer at all, it is GM motor's way of ruining a fine thing AM general had going.
I have been looking so hard to find an owner of a H2, just to talk that stupid poor sole into following me up a trail!!!! I would love to humiliate him and let them know they overspent by $30 to $40, 000 too much on that car that could only drive over curbs and speed bumps in the city.....and smash like a tin can extremely well.;Dp;

paultvx
07/01/2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by hchen
well they were probalby going pretty quick ... no car/suv would look good after something like that =/

Oh really?

Joe_Black
07/01/2003, 12:13 PM
I'm not a Hummer fan, but have to give credit where credit's due. The H2 is a real Hummer, and GM pretty much listened to what the Hummer folk had to say when it was time to design and build the thing. Personally, gimme a 416 DoKa UNIMOG any day of the week and I'll drag any Hummer through the mud or over the rocks. Until then, I'll just lose 'em on the trail with the VX!

Dallas4u
07/01/2003, 12:15 PM
My neighbor told me that, at some point, some time ago, either a company or the government was liquidating some used Hummers for a VERY low price (I want to say like $500). The catch... they stated that they were somewhat "disassembled". Not too sure if that meant COMPLETELY taken apart, or disassembled for shipment to where ever this place was. You got to pick between a few different models, including a medic model and a transport model.

Needless to say, he never did it... but it would be worth it! Can you imagine buying one and finding someone to reassemble it, for somewhere around $5k-$6k (with transport charges)? Damn, that would have been nice.

Joe_Black
07/01/2003, 01:21 PM
If they're like typical military "disassembled" surplus that means they've been demilled. In other words, cut into quartered sections by a torch. They used to do that to jeeps. You can get surplus Humvees and there's several web resources. Check out the MVPA (http://www.mvpa.org/nuke/html/index.php) as a good place to start. All the units I've seen are in the $10K to $15K range.

Here's the "official" reason from the government why you'll find it hard to get a military Humvee -> LINK (http://www.drms.dla.mil/sales/drms/faq/faq.html#jeephumv)

Hotsauce
07/01/2003, 04:14 PM
http://www.galleria-e.com/cgi-bin/Colemans.storefront/3f0219f404543b68273fd81e6c0205db/Product/View/211801

"add to cart"

My buddy bought one of these from there for about $6k: 6 wheel drive, Turbo multi-fuel, 24v ysytem,snorkel intake and exhaust. We crossed water deeper than the hood with it.

John C.

AlaskaVX
07/01/2003, 04:45 PM
Hotsauce, I'd take that over a Hummer, and to think it's about 1/10th the price. It's amazing what people will pay for the name. I bet I know someone that would be interested in it, thanks for posting this. How fast can it go, will it do the speed limit? street legal? I'd totally sport it!

Triathlete
07/01/2003, 06:25 PM
Those bad boys will do highway speeds. Build a little self contained camper on back and camp anywhere! Plus its a convirtible...and auto tranny! I didn't relize you could get them that cheap. I have seen mil surplus Hummers in good shape for 15-25k at several surplus places in California.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Joe_Black
07/01/2003, 07:12 PM
If ya like that you'll love this: A buddy has a deuce that he's putting a quad .50 cal. on. Yep, four .50's with the anti-aircraft mount just like out of Waterworld. Wish it was ready for this Friday's machine-gun shoot. Then again, at almost $1 a round, I wouldn't want to buy the ammo for it!

Those trucks are a great value for the money, but they are VERY noisy and ride like a tank.

Triathlete
07/02/2003, 11:12 AM
ride like a tank.
HHMMmmmmmm! A tank! now theres a go anywhere machine.
Yep they are kinda noisy. Rode in them quite a bit at CAX in 29 Stumps.

Semper Fi:flame2: :bomb:

Joe_Black
07/02/2003, 02:40 PM
Well if ya want a tank the same guy has one for sale. It's an M26 Pershing with a Sherman turret (no gun) and a Ford diesel truck engine for power. Reportedly it'll go about 15MPH but I haven't seen it move since he got the thing several years ago. It can be yours for only $34K plus shipping! What a bargain, eh? :freek:

Andrey
07/03/2003, 07:00 AM
I've read on one website (about 3 years ago) that Hummers were not allowed to be resold by the military... even after the combat damage - there was a picture of front end of the car intact with rear missing completely (mine ?) so they said even that piece is not for sale just for illustration.

Go figure ?

Joe_Black
07/03/2003, 11:46 AM
The military Humvees are out there, just in few numbers and by some arcane process. It's like trying to get a real live GE mini-gun. There are only 18 registered weapons in the country and I just heard today that three are for sale. So if you've got about $150K and like to burn insane amounts of ammo...