PDA

View Full Version : Bionic Commando: ReArmed

nfpgasmask
08/19/2008, 01:11 PM
Any old-school gamers out there lovin' this as much as I am? I really hope this sets off a rash of updated old games.

http://www.productwiki.com/upload/images/bionic_commando_rearmed.jpg

Bart

LittleBeast
08/19/2008, 01:28 PM
Yeah dude I can't wait to play it but for some odd reason every time I try to add money to my PSN network wallet to buy it, it keeps giving me an error. I am really upset I am really looking forward to this one. Did you download the new version of 1942? It is sweet!!!!!

nfpgasmask
08/19/2008, 01:32 PM
Yeah dude I can't wait to play it but for some odd reason every time I try to add money to my PSN network wallet to buy it, it keeps giving me an error. I am really upset I am really looking forward to this one. Did you download the new version of 1942? It is sweet!!!!!

You're gonna love Bionic Commando once you get it up and running. The Deathmatch play is freakin' great. Maybe we can play online together sometime, I am not sure if you can, but I think you can play with up to 4 players. AND, the soundtrack is simply amazing, but I love video game music and electro music so go figure.

I actually did download 1942, but I have been stuck on Bionic Commando ever since.

Bart

kodiak
08/19/2008, 01:45 PM
Cool! I’ll check it out tonight it looks fun. Retro game play is making a big come back.

nfpgasmask
08/19/2008, 01:49 PM
Cool! I’ll check it out tonight it looks fun. Retro game play is making a big come back.

Man, I really hope so. Last Saturday I went to Best Buy and bought "Army of Two" for $50 and then came home and bought Bionic Commando: ReArmed for $10 and I played Army of Two with my brother for an hour or two and got really tired with it. Then we booted up BC and I've been playing for days.

I really love platform games, and I would just love to see remakes/new sequels of this quality for Metroid, Metal Warriors, Castlevania, Rygar, Legendary Axe, etc etc. I would be 100% back into gaming on the console with more of the same.

Bart

kodiak
08/19/2008, 02:04 PM
I’m surprised it’s not on Steam.:confused:

nfpgasmask
08/19/2008, 02:25 PM

Now, now, Richard, we are talking about console games here. :)

They do have a PC version I heard for $15. Why the PC version is more expensive is beyond me. I downloaded mine for the PS3.

Bart

kodiak
08/19/2008, 02:37 PM
I see:cool:. How’s the PS3 working out for you, Is it worth it?

nfpgasmask
08/19/2008, 02:46 PM

I see:cool:. How’s the PS3 working out for you, Is it worth it?

PROS:

1) Good Blu-Ray playback and upconversion alleviating the need for another DVD player.
2) GrandTheftAuto 4 (its growing on me)
3) Tekken 5
4) Bionic Commando:Rearmed
5) Its not a Wii
6) Its not a Xbox

CONS:
1) No backwards playback of PS1 and PS2 games on my console
2) Very poor selection of games so far, but that is partly because I think 99% of modern console games suck
3) Some difficulty with playback of burned DVDs

So yeah, working fine for me. I am not a huge console nut, so I don't feel the need to have more than one system. Also, the PS3 works nice with my Bravia. I bought it for the purpose of game play AND BluRay.

Bart

tom4bren
08/19/2008, 03:41 PM
OK - who besides me thinks that Gas, Kodiak & Beast need to get a life???

nfpgasmask
08/19/2008, 04:16 PM

Don't make me slap you, Tom! ;)

Seriously, I try very hard to detach myself from the computer as often as possible (which is impossible while I am at work), but when a game like this comes out, I'm all over it. Last Saturday I spent all day hiking in the Sierras and didn't play any games until after dinner. On Sunday I went fishing in the morning for about 4 hours, cleaned up the garage a little, and then, due to the excessive heat outside, decided it was time for a little more gaming, and a few beers, in front of the TV. Last night, I went to grocery store after work, bought food, went home, helped the wife cook, ate dinner, and then gamed for a few hours. Should I have gone for a bike ride last night instead, I would say yes, but its been a while since I have been this into a game, so...that's my excuse. I do try to have a life, but sometimes games like this get in the way. :cool:

Bart

PS - I also try to find the time to read a little before I go to sleep. :)

PPS - You forgot to put a smiley after what you wrote up there, bub.

cyronman
08/19/2008, 04:36 PM
I really love platform games, and I would just love to see remakes/new sequels of this quality for Metroid, Metal Warriors, Castlevania, Rygar, Legendary Axe, etc etc. I would be 100% back into gaming on the console with more of the same.

Bart

Dude, what about Contra!

nfpgasmask
08/19/2008, 04:42 PM
Dude, what about Contra!

Yeah, Contra was great, there are so many good ones, we are talking dozens of games I could get into if brough back and done right, like Bionic Commando.

:smilewink Bart

Ldub
08/19/2008, 04:59 PM
CONS:
1) No backwards playback of PS1 and PS2 games on my console

Bart

Which version did you get? Mine is backward compatible with every game I've ever tried in it. (PS1 & PS2)
The only non backward compatibility issue I've experienced, was trying to load saved data from PS1 memory cards.

kodiak
08/19/2008, 06:32 PM
Wait! What? Gaming is life, at least that’s what I keep telling myself.:rolleyes:

kodiak
08/19/2008, 06:34 PM
The first versions of the PS3 had an actual PS2 built in it the new ones don’t.

Which version did you get? Mine is backward compatible with every game I've ever tried in it. (PS1 & PS2)
The only non backward compatibility issue I've experienced, was trying to load saved data from PS1 memory cards.

nfpgasmask
08/19/2008, 08:37 PM
Yeah, I bought mine in May and they said Sony is not producing any more that are backwards compatible. Mine also does not have the media slots on the front. Its really annoying because I sold my PS2 thinking I would get a PS3 and all my games would work. :mad:

Bart

LittleBeast
08/19/2008, 09:28 PM

hahaha, wow, this doesn't even need a reply does it? Well, I guess I will give a really long one then, lol. I currently have been busy writing workouts for other track and field athletes, hitting the weightroom more than ever, working on my various dunks for an exhibition for a local University's opening for their basketball season, and remodeling my house including knocking out two walls and installing a countertop and making bar stools, and redoing the kitchen floor and cabinets, oh and finishing up some last finishing touches on the rx8 and getting all the materials for my audio overhaul in the VX ready to go, oh and inbetween there every once and a while I love sitting in front of a HD plasma and enjoying either a BluRay from netflix or a great game on the PS3 hardly a reason to say that I need to get a life, and I think that goes for all of us. But I know you were kidding so I really just wanted to waste 1minute of your life by reading this;).

-I on the other hand am very happy with the quality and quantity of games on the PS3, I am so glad I do not have to sift through all the numerous games that have come out for the other box thing that are not worth even a rental. There have been some sweet PS3 that if you have not payed them these games have been some of my personal favorites so far:
Metal Gear Solid 4
Uncharted Drake's Fortune
Blast Factor
Super Stardust
Grid
Pain
Motor Storm (new one is coming soon)
Warhawk
Grand Theft Auto 4
Call of Duty 4
But Metal Gear Solid gets the top spot by a long shot, best game I have ever played.

Ldub
08/19/2008, 11:40 PM
[QUOTE=LittleBeast;134170] But I know you were kidding so I really just wanted to waste 1minute of your life by reading this;).QUOTE]

(Butt Head voice on)

Uuhhhhh...that like took me six minnits to read, so now you O me sum nachoz

(Butt Head voice of)

tom4bren
08/20/2008, 06:49 AM
"You forgot to put a smiley after what you wrote up there, bub."

That's why I put it in my siggy - 'case I ever ferget.

Just rattlin' yer cages - would never hold it against anyone for gammin. It's just not my cup-o-tea (prolly cause I suck at it).

nfpgasmask
08/20/2008, 08:13 AM
Just rattlin' yer cages - would never hold it against anyone for gammin. It's just not my cup-o-tea (prolly cause I suck at it).

Naaa, you just don't like games because of this:

Date of Birth: April 8, 1960

Most old guys don't like video games! :eek:

Bart

KING FROG
08/20/2008, 08:21 AM
MOST....in the game world...I am considered an old guy...been addicted to games since the Atari 2600.

Bionic Cammando looks cool...also the new full game looks cool.

nfpgasmask
08/20/2008, 08:24 AM
MOST....in the game world...I am considered an old guy...been addicted to games since the Atari 2600.

Bionic Cammando looks cool...also the new full game looks cool.

Oh I know, I was just kidding. I am pretty sure Ldub is an "old guy" and I know he likes the video computer game things a little too.

:) Bart

tom4bren
08/20/2008, 08:39 AM
"Most old guys don't like video games!"

Need I remind you that I hold in my posession something that you greatly desire ... I could change my mind.:)

DANG - that's gonna get read wrong - you know what I mean.

nfpgasmask
08/20/2008, 09:05 AM
"Most old guys don't like video games!"

Need I remind you that I hold in my posession something that you greatly desire ... I could change my mind.:)

DANG - that's gonna get read wrong - you know what I mean.

:) You know I was kidding just like I knew you were kidding.

Bart

nfpgasmask
08/20/2008, 09:10 AM
Did you download the new version of 1942? It is sweet!!!!!

I played the demo last night. It looked killer on my widescreen, just gorgeous. I really hope they keep going with old school games like this. So, is the full version of 1942 worth buying? Is there any head-to-head play?

Bart

LittleBeast
08/20/2008, 09:18 AM
So, is the full version of 1942 worth buying? Is there any head-to-head play?

Bart

Yes you can play with one other person whether online or a buddie with you. And when you are playing with two people the missle attacks completely change, now when either person pushes their special depending on their distance and local away from each other the degree of destruction and path of projectles is altered, definitely fun to play around with.

nfpgasmask
08/20/2008, 09:30 AM
Yes you can play with one other person whether online or a buddie with you. And when you are playing with two people the missle attacks completely change, now when either person pushes their special depending on their distance and local away from each other the degree of destruction and path of projectles is altered, definitely fun to play around with.

Well right, there is co-op play, but not Deathmatch? I was hoping they integrated some sort of head-to-head play. That's what makes Bionic Commando so great. I can fight my brother for hours.

Bart

tom4bren
08/20/2008, 11:14 AM
"You know I was kidding just like I knew you were kidding."

You sure??? - Oh yeah, I can still remember the delusions of youth.:)

don moore
08/20/2008, 12:57 PM
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3196/thumbs/65_0.png (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/11899)

Police Quest 1: In Pursuit of the Death Angel

the first 3D looking game I ever played on a PC.

I look back at it ..and think WOW i thought it was so cool..

kodiak
08/20/2008, 01:50 PM
You’re going to see more and more simple quality games like this produced. The production coast are much lower then the mediocre mega titles that are being made today and the amount of money that can be made from one hit is almost limitless. The game Peggle is a good example of this.

Ldub
08/20/2008, 04:46 PM
I am pretty sure Ldub is an "old guy" and I know he likes the video computer game things a little too.

Damn straight sonny...07-11-1957...:smilewink

Lest ye ever forget...

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/01_OGR.jpg

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/06OGR.jpg

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/05OGR.jpg

nfpgasmask
08/21/2008, 08:32 AM
The 2nd one is my favorite.

tom4bren
08/21/2008, 08:46 AM
Naw - the third - no one could pull off 'old dude cool' like the Duke.

taylorRichie
08/21/2008, 05:35 PM
http://www.theonion.com/content/video/warcraft_sequel_lets_gamers_play

I can't wait!!

not much of a gamer here :(

Favorite game though (currently is Rainbow Six Vegas 2)

WormGod
08/22/2008, 07:16 AM
Only one thing you need to keep in your heads....

Fallout 3 Available October 28

Major Launch Planned for the Winner of E3 2008’s “Best of Show”

August 20, 2008 (Rockville, MD) – Bethesda Softworks®, a ZeniMax Media company, announced today that its highly anticipated title, Fallout® 3, will be available on store shelves and online in North America on October 28, 2008 and in Europe on October 31, 2008. Developed at Bethesda Game Studios – creators of the 2006 Game of the Year, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion® – Fallout 3 is slated for release on the Xbox 360®video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, and Games for Windows.

“We are very excited to let gamers get their hands on Fallout 3, the latest chapter in this beloved and highly acclaimed franchise,” said Vlatko Andonov, president of Bethesda Softworks. “To meet the huge demand for this title by our fans worldwide, we are planning one of the biggest launches of any game released this year.”

Fallout 3 features one of the most realized game worlds ever created. Set more than 200 years following a nuclear war, you can create any kind of character you want and explore the open wastes of Washington, D.C. however you choose. Every minute is a fight for survival as you encounter Super Mutants, Ghouls, Raiders, and other dangers of the Wasteland.

Hailed as one of the most anticipated games for 2008, Fallout 3 has already won numerous awards including Best of Show from the official Game Critics Awards at E3 2008, a selection voted on by an independent group of journalists from 36 leading North American media outlets that cover the videogame industry.
Fallout® 3 has not yet been rated by the ESRB.

http://ps3.psu.com/media/fallout-3/fallout-3-ss-26.jpg

Been playingtesting for about 5 months now and I am ready to see thins thing hit the shelves.