PDA

View Full Version : silly question maybe

rowhard
08/17/2008, 05:36 PM
I wonder if other have this issue and don't have the answer. Some threads I open here on the VX info page, I have to use the radio button at the bottom to scroll over to the right to see the whole thread. How come? That is the question, thank you

Ldub
08/17/2008, 06:26 PM
They usually contain higher resolution pics(larger), or someone has posted a group of pics horizontally...both annoying as hell.:rolleyesg

taylorRichie
08/17/2008, 07:19 PM
Or some of you guys have low resolution monitors ;) More annoying than hell for a web designer

Ldub
08/18/2008, 05:58 AM
Or some of you guys have low resolution monitors ;) More annoying than hell for a web designer

It's gotta be rough for you "webgods" to tolerate the ignorant, under-equipped, rabble that make up the majority of people that will ever see your work...:rolleyesg

I feel your pain...:smilewink

etlsport
08/18/2008, 06:30 AM
haha like me!! my resolution is only 800x600.. but thats because i use a 32" monitor from about 12 feet away

nfpgasmask
08/18/2008, 08:40 AM
Whever I post images on line, I always size them vertically to 600 pixels wide. The annoying problem of scrolling horizontally will never be my fault! :)

I think in general, 1024x768 is pretty much the standard resolution for computers out there today. As a web designer, I usually build my sites to look good at that resoultion or higher, but still be viewable at 800x600. I generally disregard people who view at 640x480.

Bart

rowhard
08/18/2008, 09:03 AM
I think in general, 1024x768 is pretty much the standard resolution for computers out there today. Bart

Yep, that's what mine is

twistedsymphony
08/18/2008, 10:29 AM
1024x768 is the standard resolution for a 17" monitor

you should be running 1280x1024 if you've got a 19" monitor

Widescreen monitors are a little different.

I do a lot of we development myself and I always design the pages to work with 1024x768 in full screen, depending on the site I'll get it to work with 800x600 screens as well.

Personally I use 19" screens but I never maximize my browser so my effective "screen size" is always smaller than my actual screen.

taylorRichie
08/18/2008, 05:46 PM
http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_display.asp

:D

And the majority of people are Finally using Firefox, or better browsers. Which if you have will automatically scale the graphics to fit correctly within your wee little monitor.

Even a cheap walmart computer $300 has higher res than 1024X768. I have a macbook laptop 13.3" display and it's 1280X800...

rowhard
08/18/2008, 06:45 PM
DUDE, and I am being nice since I don't want to be kicked off, I have been using foxfire since it came out. I am using a ACER 21 inch, now piss off. You related to Costie by chance

taylorRichie
08/18/2008, 08:08 PM
me :confused: ???

I'm totally playing... I thought we were all on being facetious and silly. I honestly meant no offense at all... Didn't have the opportunity to meet you in Moab, but those who did I'm sure can attest that I'm a bit of a smart mmmhmmm but I also can roll with the punches. :D

Sorry to offend you man, but you gotta relax.

Thmstec
08/18/2008, 09:16 PM
Man I've been addicted to high resolution for about 5 years, anything 1400x900 and less feels so cramped(like the macbook pro I'm on right now) Preferably I like to be on something 3200x1200 (two 19inch crts :bwgy:). Loved the screen real estate. But I'm dealing with less now that I'm a poor college kid with no room for those monsters on my desk.

But I know I'm the exception, no one over 20 hasn't squinted looking at my more pixel dense set-ups over the years :rolleyes:

Ldub
08/19/2008, 06:36 AM
DUDE, and I am being nice since I don't want to be kicked off, I have been using foxfire since it came out. I am using a ACER 21 inch, now piss off. You related to Costie by chance

me :confused: ???

I'm totally playing... I thought we were all on being facetious and silly. I honestly meant no offense at all... Didn't have the opportunity to meet you in Moab, but those who did I'm sure can attest that I'm a bit of a smart mmmhmmm but I also can roll with the punches. :D

Sorry to offend you man, but you gotta relax.

I think Richie was takin' a little swipe at me more than you Rowhard, I did meet him in Moab & he's a a certifiable smart az...just like me...:smilewink
After reading all the posts, I can see that I probably have the smallest LCD monitor in the world @ 15"...:sighwgray, so I guess I'll have to live on somehow, with a perpetual case of "monitor envy"...:rolleyesg

rowhard
08/19/2008, 07:10 AM
I think Richie was takin' a little swipe at me more than you Rowhard, I did meet him in Moab & he's a a certifiable smart az...just like me...:smilewink
After reading all the posts, I can see that I probably have the smallest LCD monitor in the world @ 15"...:sighwgray, so I guess I'll have to live on somehow, with a perpetual case of "monitor envy"...:rolleyesg

Maybe so, just will be the last time I ask a question here

So-CalVX
08/19/2008, 08:52 AM
After reading all the posts,----> I can see that I probably have the smallest LCD monitor in the world @ 15"...<----:sighwgray, so I guess I'll have to live on somehow, with a perpetual case of "monitor envy"...:rolleyesg

I dunno Dubster.... I'm constantly runnin on my iPhone's 3.5" LCD screen so i think I have u beat by a few... :p

nfpgasmask
08/19/2008, 09:17 AM

Bro, where did that come from? I don't think Richie was talking down to anyone here???

Did I miss something?

:confused: Bart

nfpgasmask
08/19/2008, 09:24 AM
Here is my home setup. I am thinking of adding an additional 19" on the left, to get that nice Matrix looking setup, even though I don't really need it.

http://www.nofuture.com/dailys/after.jpg

Bart

tomdietrying
08/19/2008, 04:12 PM
{Originally Posted by rowhard
DUDE, and I am being nice since I don't want to be kicked off, I have been using foxfire since it came out. I am using a ACER 21 inch, now piss off. You related to Costie by chance}

I think someone might have monitor envey:bgwb:
Peace.
Tom

Ldub
08/19/2008, 04:48 PM

I dunno Dubster.... I'm constantly runnin on my iPhone's 3.5" LCD screen so i think I have u beat by a few... :p

LOL...I don't even HAVE a cel phon...us squirrel munchin' hillbillies got no need fer yer newfangled gizmos...:smilewink

I think someone might have monitor envey:bgwb:
Peace.
Tom

I'll direct you to my quote above...at 15", I guess tat would be me...:rolleyesg

taylorRichie
08/20/2008, 06:55 AM
I'll direct you to my quote above...at 15", I guess tat would be me...:rolleyesg

I believe the correct terminology is "Screenus Envy" ;) And from now on I'll be sizing my pix to 640X480... :)

But with full versions in the gallery for those who'd like a more detailed look.

Sorry for the drama :D and for the record, all shots were meant to be at Dub :eek:

Someone who has a plus sized underwear, and press on nails collection deserves a little ribbing.

rowhard
08/20/2008, 09:33 AM
alright, it's just some of use baby boomer generation use a computer for nothing more then this, banking, emailing. Just read it when I was in one of those moods, sorry

nfpgasmask
08/20/2008, 09:39 AM
alright, it's just some of use baby boomer generation use a computer for nothing more then this, banking, emailing. Just read it when I was in one of those moods, sorry

Hey man, everytime I look at my bank account online I get in one of those moods too!!! At least gas is down to $3.69 now, such a bargin! :bwgy:

Bart

Ldub
08/20/2008, 05:08 PM
and for the record, all shots were meant to be at Dub :eek:

Someone who has a plus sized underwear, and press on nails collection deserves a little ribbing.

Tha's OK there sonny boy...:smilewink

I figure iffin' I wanna dish it, I'd also better be able to take it...:naughty:

taylorRichie
08/20/2008, 05:49 PM

Sorry I came across poorly...

Hope all is well :thumbup:

Sorry to completely derail your thread.