PDA

View Full Version : Did I destroy anything???

dynofan
08/14/2008, 06:27 PM
Yesterday I was merrily driving North the NY Thruway when my dog, (over sized Bull Terrier), decided to help. She charged the gear shift and all I remember was a squeal and a 'no power' indicator on the dashboard. Made sure it was in neutral and coasted to the shoulder. Turned everything off and just sat and recovered!
Secured the dog and gingerly started the car. Everything seemed normal and no
codes came up on the scan. Did the VX take care of itself or am I just lucky???

:eek:

etlsport
08/14/2008, 08:10 PM
no power?

where was the light? Ive never seen that... sure it wasnt the power mode light? there is a shift lock that does not allow the shifter to go anywhere other than N, D and 3 without pressing the brake in pretty far, so your dog shouldnt have been able to severely hurt anything. only other thing that could have happened was to knock the transfer case out of sync, in which case you would have heard gears grinding if it tried to go to 4lo.. but at highway speeds it wouldnt have engaged anyway and you would have been stuck between 4lo and 4hi

sounds like you should be in the clear though any physical damage would have shown itself right away

Anita
08/14/2008, 09:49 PM
You are okay.. I did the same thing the first year I had her. Shifted gears (R)unintentionally and the engine cut off. No damage.. nothin'

dynofan
08/15/2008, 08:19 AM
PHEW! Thanks Anita....... When I saw that little red battery light I was ready to get out and walk! Everything seems to be running great.

Pam

Gussie2000
08/15/2008, 05:09 PM
I believe that the VX comes with some kind of security features regarding this sort of situation & void damages :rolleyes:

However i'll have it check up with the mech just for safety