PDA

View Full Version : Could be a good deal, VX on Ebay

taylorRichie
08/11/2008, 07:12 AM
Not sure about all the Harley Stuff... but it's a supercharged VX with Almost as low of miles as Jo!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Isuzu-VehiCROSS-X74-HARLEY-DAVIDSON-CONCEPT-PROTOTYPE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6270QQihZ007Q QitemZ170249485465QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

VehiGAZ
08/11/2008, 07:58 AM
"Ford ended up receiving the contract with Harley Davidson and production versons were released without the supercharger, hitch, badging and exhaust. It was designated the Vehicross."

That has to go in the books as one of the Top 10 BS statements made about the VX in an ad.

Zorak
08/11/2008, 08:21 AM
Owner is a member here (MDMason)

LittleBeast
08/11/2008, 10:57 AM
In his words on the listing: "Created to represent the concept of an Isuzu-based Harley Davidson vehicle."

It does represent the concept, if it in fact had ever happened but it never did, outside of this one VX that someone "created to represent" what it would've looked like if "Ford ended up receiving the contract with Harley Davidson", but it did not ever happen. Interesting way of listing the VX it is very deceiving, and not really true, but if you really highlight the "created to represent" then you understand that this is just one persons dream as to what it would've looked like if the next sentence was true, but it is not. Interesting to say the least. Oh and I think the whole Harley Davidson thing on 4 wheel vehicles is completely tacky and almost as bad as having Nascar written all over a road going car. I mean come on a Harley is a Harley, it is not some truck package, and if you love Harley's get one and drive it, if you like trucks get one and drive it, don't combine the two they are totally seperate things. If you are pulling a trailer with a Harley on it, then just put the tacky Harley stickers on the trailor not the nice truck or SUV pulling the trailor. Just my 2 cents, this is definitely not my style and I am so so glad that Isuzu did not release the Harley Davidson edition VX! But it is interesting to see that someone would actually prefer that. I like the Ironman edition about 300x more than this.

Ldub
08/11/2008, 11:02 AM
AH-hahahahahahahahahahahahaha...gasp...hahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha...:razzgray:

So, alls ya gots ta do is put on some stickers & a H-D thingy in the receiver hitch, a S/C and it's a concept ve-hickle???

AH-hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...:rolleyesg

I'm already half way there, now I gotta get down to Auto Zone & get me some more stickers...:naughty:

WOW...gotta geevum points for imagination...:thumbup:

Triathlete
08/11/2008, 11:11 AM
Consumer beware...roll up your pant legs...the $h!t is really deep in that ad!!!:rolleyes:

don moore
08/11/2008, 11:30 AM
I thought HD was into us cars......lol..it would be more believable if it was a jap bike company did it..

johnnyapollo
08/11/2008, 12:14 PM
Presenting .... the HarleyCROSS!

That was actually fairly entertaining.

-- John

kodiak
08/11/2008, 12:42 PM
Does it come with a certificate of authenticity? :rolleyes:

Triathlete
08/11/2008, 12:53 PM
Remember Rob Harvey? I think he's back! :naughty:

"...And now you know the rest of the story!"

Oh,wait! That was Paul Harvey!:bwgy:

Riff Raff
08/11/2008, 08:59 PM
Things that make you go Hmmm. There are only two(2) good things about this particular VX on eBay: A. It has extremely low miles (legitimacy must be confirmed). and B. It has a Super-Charger (then again, that may be a good thing or may be a bad thing since it's not OEM). Other than that, it's got a cheesy assortment of H.D. Motorcycle decals, floor mats, and trailer hitch cover from your local Auto Zone store. Tsk Tsk. Things that make you go Hmmm.

JoFotoz
08/11/2008, 09:52 PM
I hate to RAZZZZZ a fellow VX seller...BUT!

For $250 I can "HD" my ride (rugs/emblems/crap!)...

...I'll beat ya by 7000 miles on a 99.....

......and not (EVER~ never...) spout such B/S.

Whats yer price....??????

jo

clive goodridge
08/12/2008, 01:53 AM
Hi
I emailed the seller and asked if he had fitted the badges himself?
His reply is below:

The HDVX was developed by the design team of MDM Motorsports in the early part of 1999.
This was their concept of what a Harley Davidson endorsed vehicle should be. The Idea to use
the Vehicross platform was suggested by one of the Ducati engineers who was part of the design
team for Isuzu. This is the prototype for this project. The metal badging was applied during detailing.
- mdmason12

What a lot of BS!

Cheers all,
Clive

rowhard
08/12/2008, 02:46 AM
Why, of course, I see the link now. MDM Motorsports is a late model dirt track car team sponsor. The VX is a premier off road vehicle, do you see it now. And HD does that dirt racing thing. It must be true then

ya, right

Y33TREKker
08/12/2008, 07:01 AM
My question would be whether this current owner bought it before or after all the HD "modifications" were made, and if so, how much extra he paid for it because it was so special. I'm curious to know where the reserve is set.

ojmagg
08/12/2008, 08:18 AM
I asked mdmason12 the following:

"Where did you get those HD stickers? Can this car transform into a Fatboy?"

He replied, "The metal badging was available through HD. And if you can be clasified as a Fatboy and purchase it. There you go!"

I wish it was a transformer...lol

don moore
08/12/2008, 09:34 AM
my friend has a HDTV....It has a HDTV sticker on it..it must be a Harley-Davidson TV...wow

twistedsymphony
08/13/2008, 05:22 AM
Q. Whats the difference between a Harley and a Vacuum Cleaner?

A. On a Harley the dirtbag rides on top.

... or in this case they apply Harley badges to a Japanese SUV and try to pass it off as a special edition. As if Harley _or_ Isuzu would go for that partnership. :rolleyes:

Solitude
08/13/2008, 08:56 AM
HEY.. careful with the Harley comments.. some of us in here choose to have more then 1 interest in life..

twistedsymphony
08/13/2008, 09:36 AM
:p it's all in fun, I've friends and co-workers alike who are Harley owners, one of my good friends is a former Harley mechanic. Who do you think told me that joke :rolleyes:

I must admit though... there's something wrong with the ones who feel the need to plaster the HD logo EVERYWHERE...

taylorRichie
08/14/2008, 07:27 AM
"Incase you couldn't tell from my harley hat, vest, and Tee shirt... I'm thinking of buying a Harley" ;)

We all love the isuzu vehicross... Yet most of us removed all references to isuzu or vehicross. I like the harley riders who do the same. Besides it helps your street cred.

Cobrajet
08/14/2008, 04:17 PM
Hi
I emailed the seller and asked if he had fitted the badges himself?
His reply is below:

The HDVX was developed by the design team of MDM Motorsports in the early part of 1999. A bunch of MDM dudes were down at the local pub throwing back a few brewskys,
This was their concept of what a Harley Davidson endorsed vehicle should be. when one guy says "anybody seen that new Isuzu thing? That thang would look gnarley with some Harley badges on it!"
The Idea to use the Vehicross platform was suggested by one of the Ducati engineers who was part of the design team for Isuzu. The guy riding the Ducati replies, "Yeah, just don't be puttin' no Duc badges on that ugly POS!'
This is the prototype for this project. Billy Bob remember that one of their customers has a neighbor that is dating the sister of a guy that bought a VX.
The metal badging was applied during detailing. So they all jump in Billy Bob's F250, find the VX, and plaster it with all kinds of stickers using crazy glue that will NEVER come off. They also pelted it with eggs and chicken feathers. Took the guy a week to "detail it."

MDMason
08/14/2008, 05:53 PM
Now that's funny, finally someone with a sense of humor!

Gussie2000
08/14/2008, 06:02 PM
In his words on the listing: "Created to represent the concept of an Isuzu-based Harley Davidson vehicle."

It does represent the concept, if it in fact had ever happened but it never did, outside of this one VX that someone "created to represent" what it would've looked like if "Ford ended up receiving the contract with Harley Davidson", but it did not ever happen. Interesting way of listing the VX it is very deceiving, and not really true, but if you really highlight the "created to represent" then you understand that this is just one persons dream as to what it would've looked like if the next sentence was true, but it is not. Interesting to say the least. Oh and I think the whole Harley Davidson thing on 4 wheel vehicles is completely tacky and almost as bad as having Nascar written all over a road going car. I mean come on a Harley is a Harley, it is not some truck package, and if you love Harley's get one and drive it, if you like trucks get one and drive it, don't combine the two they are totally seperate things. If you are pulling a trailer with a Harley on it, then just put the tacky Harley stickers on the trailor not the nice truck or SUV pulling the trailor. Just my 2 cents, this is definitely not my style and I am so so glad that Isuzu did not release the Harley Davidson edition VX! But it is interesting to see that someone would actually prefer that. I like the Ironman edition about 300x more than this.

Littlebeast i agree 100% with you,all that BS is just nonesense :mad:

kodiak
08/14/2008, 06:19 PM
Harley putting there emblems on a foreign vehicle? Come on, not going to happen.

LittleBeast
08/14/2008, 10:54 PM
Littlebeast i agree 100% with you,all that BS is just nonesense :mad:

Oh and a follow up, I saw 2 trailors today each being pulled by jacked up F250's with sweet rims and tires. One trailor was a Delorean trailor with all their stickers on there (the home of Delorean is now here in Houston), and the other trailor was a Harley Davidson Trailor with HD stickers all over it with logos and photos and everything, and guess what? The trucks were nicely modified Fords with nice rims and tires and not one single HD sticker or Delorean sticker on either, it made me smile..... I almost teared up :)

taylorRichie
08/15/2008, 07:27 AM
Well Depending on reserve this could shape up to be a killer deal IMO... de-badging shouldn't be too difficult ;)

But if this goes for <$12,000 I definitely would have bought it (had I not been a proud owner already)

ScottinMA
08/15/2008, 02:18 PM
Now that's funny, finally someone with a sense of humor!

And the owner of said vehicle speaks! Yeah, people have a sense of humor but the representation of your vehicle is downright bizarre. But I too enjoy a good laugh and that you have certainly provided.

LittleBeast
08/16/2008, 01:00 AM
Ah man that poor VX needs a new home! Everytime I look at it I can't believe it is a VX, after seeing all the unique things all the members on here have done to their VX's this one just makes me sad. The only thing it has going for it is the Supercharger and low miles. Cladding looks like it has never been correctly protected, tires look like the discount tire special buy 3 tires get one free, and debadging the nice emblems and putting on Harley stickers, oh that poor VX needs an overhaul, I really hope the new owner becomes a member here and can at least buy some clear corner markers and get rid of all that HD stuff.

Hopefully he will tell the new owner about Vehicross.info but if we keep ripping on his VX he might pass.....

I am thinking it could go for $15k-16k what do you guys think? Reserve is probably $14k or so I am thinking. Somebody is going to get a good project car.

Luninox
08/16/2008, 06:28 AM
Does it come with a certificate of authenticity? :rolleyes:

I'd really like to see that PDF. HAHA

Gussie2000
08/16/2008, 07:43 AM
"Ford ended up receiving the contract with Harley Davidson and production versons were released without the supercharger, hitch, badging and exhaust. It was designated the Vehicross."

That has to go in the books as one of the Top 10 BS statements made about the VX in an ad.

Isuzu shall read this one for sure

Solitude
08/16/2008, 08:38 AM
Well I must say I am impressed with the price at 1 day 10 hours to go..
I am surprised the reserve hasn't been met yet..

The supercharger does have people drooling though.. looked at the bid history

am always skeptical at the no (0) history of bidding.

Petos
08/16/2008, 02:52 PM
I agree - this one is a great project car. For my money, all it needs is a set of good rims+tires, and it would be excellent.
If the guy sold it next summer, I would pay $15 for it.. Too bad I am not ready for the purchase just yet, might drop the owner a note if it does not sell....

Ldub
08/16/2008, 04:30 PM
After giving the pics a second look, I think this poor VX is going to need months of therapy, & I'm talkin' some serious couch time here...maybe even EST, before it will realize that it's a truck, and not just any old truck...an ISUZU TRUCK ! ! !:smilewink

LittleBeast
08/17/2008, 01:00 AM
I think this poor VX is going to need months of therapy, & I'm talkin' some serious couch time here...

By "therapy" he means time getting to know a hydraulic lift while getting some 912s and new shoes, and by "couch time" he means long trails in Moab..... sigh what a beautiful session that would be.....

Petos
08/17/2008, 06:53 AM
Wow, this one just broke the $15k mark, but still below reserve! It has been a while since I saw a V trading for that much! I wonder who is the mysterious r***r bidder? I wish it were Rickster buying this one for a new VX project! ;)

taylorRichie
08/17/2008, 07:39 AM
JFotos...

Just remember if you ever decide to sell ORW, make sure you slap some HD stickers on it. It'll yield 20% higher bids ;)

JoFotoz
08/17/2008, 11:38 AM
I'm on it already Richie!!

JFotos...

Just remember if you ever decide to sell ORW, make sure you slap some HD stickers on it. It'll yield 20% higher bids ;)

My "Design Team" at 'Fotoz~Motoz~Sportz' put together this "Off Road Barbie" edition to 'represent' their product....:cool:

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/230.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=11885)

We were shocked when Mattel rejected it....:p

Maybe Jack in the Box would be interested!!!!

jo

Solitude
08/17/2008, 11:40 AM
Barbie.. now thats an ORW to be proud of

Ldub
08/17/2008, 11:49 AM
I'm on it already Richie!!

My "Design Team" at 'Fotoz~Motoz~Sportz' put together this "Off Road Barbie" edition to 'represent' their product....:cool:

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/230.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=11885)

We were shocked when Mattel rejected it....:p

Maybe Jack in the Box would be interested!!!!

jo

I think you should try to work out a crossover representation deal with "grannypanties.com"...oh wait, that would be MY deal...:rotate:

JoFotoz
08/17/2008, 08:39 PM
"RESERVE NOT MET"....WOW...I'm AMAZZZZZZED!

At $15,000...Dude I'm going STRAIGHT to the 'Stick On badge ~Harley Shop'....!!

Its a GREAT ride...dont get me wrong....BUT!!!

It was PIMPED as something it REALLY aint......"Design Team" or not!

Reality...with the Supercharger ..and the miles ....$15,000 was OK...

........FOR THE SELLER.

But hey...it makes mine worth more than I thought.....:p

I'm betting many FEVERISH e-bay E-mails are flying around....

....and $15,000 ..( or $14,000) may take it on a side deal.

jo

JoFotoz
08/17/2008, 08:41 PM
Dub...the VX aint BIG ENOUGH....

....to "SPORT" those....

.....UN-MENSIONABBBBLESSSS

It'ad be like a FULL car cover!!!!:eek:

jo

Thmstec
08/19/2008, 12:22 PM
Did anyone else notice the seller's change/edit of story?
From the Ebay Page:
"The HDVX was developed by the design team of MDM Motorsports in the early part of 1999. This was their concept of what a Harley Davidson endorsed vehicle should be. The Idea to use the Vehicross platform was suggested by one of the Ducati engineers who was part of the design team for Isuzu. This is the prototype for this project."

So wait, MDM made this "HDVX" concept upon the suggestion of Ducati engineers who worked with Isuzu? :p

This may sound stupid, but did Ducati actually help with the design of our VX? Would explain the shocks w/expansion chambers. Or am I trying too hard to extract some truth from this guy :rolleyes:

Petos
08/19/2008, 02:08 PM
[QUOTE=JoFotoz;134017 But hey...it makes mine worth more than I thought.....:p

jo[/QUOTE]

Well, I am not sure Jo... after all, mind that that one VX "has won every 1st place trophy it has been entered in", hence the premium.... :) I can only remember yours winning just one trophy... on the day of the VX trail in Zoo-Zoo, remember? :bgwp::bgwp::bgwp:

JoFotoz
08/19/2008, 03:30 PM
Oh I remember....

Well, I am not sure Jo... after all, mind that that one VX "has won every 1st place trophy it has been entered in", hence the premium.... :) I can only remember yours winning just one trophy... on the day of the VX trail in Zoo-Zoo, remember? :bgwp::bgwp::bgwp:

...the " Lock yer own keys in yer car DUMBA$$$$$ award"

I was the CLEAR WINNER!!!....:o:o:o

jo

circmand
08/19/2008, 04:13 PM
with the soft top and zippered back window it is impossible to lock yourself out. Not that JoFoToz wouldnt make a decent shot at it

Jolly Roger VX'er
08/19/2008, 06:14 PM
I hate to break it to you guys, but my VX was the official, Authentic, MP/AG (Motion Picture/Actor's Guild) Theatrical Release Version 2.0 for the Motion Picture "IronMan" that some of you saw in theaters this past summer (I own it even though I didn't see the movie myself..lol). It has IronMan motion picture badging in & throughout the vehicle. Even the Recaro Seats have IronMan embroidered into them. Start the bidding @ 15K!!!

LittleBeast
08/19/2008, 09:52 PM
I hate to break it to you guys, but my VX was the official, Authentic, MP/AG (Motion Picture/Actor's Guild) Theatrical Release Version 2.0 for the Motion Picture "IronMan" that some of you saw in theaters this past summer (I own it even though I didn't see the movie myself..lol). It has IronMan motion picture badging in & throughout the vehicle. Even the Recaro Seats have IronMan embroidered into them. Start the bidding @ 15K!!!

Haha, nice!!!!! what a great forum!

tom4bren
08/20/2008, 06:53 AM
Since my headliner was signed by George Barris, does that mean mine is the prototype for batmobile, munstermobile, General Lee ....

Bieredalsace
08/20/2008, 07:48 AM
The "design team" of "MDM Motorsports" probably consisted of 3 guys named Moe, David and Morris and a 24 case of Budweiser.:_beer:

Gussie2000
08/24/2008, 06:39 PM
Damn when i saw that ad i had to go to restroom & vomited :mad: I just cannot swalled :mad:

WormGod
08/25/2008, 07:03 AM
I am glad I overlooked this thread. I have nothing constructive or nice to say. :bgwo:

Edit: I lied....

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/billy-1.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/8886)

:cool: :p