PDA

View Full Version : A Day at the Salvage Yard

Ldub
08/10/2008, 07:31 AM
All you Moabites will remember that my "Wheelin' Bud Jim" took a hit this spring & lost a tail light...:sighwgray
We finally managed to get our schedules together & headed to the wrecking yard yesterday.
There was a nice selection of Troopers in various stages of wreck, & he was able to score a tail light for $40+ a little something for uncle...:thumbup:
There was also a 94' with a sweet factory moon roof, complete with all controls & the headliner was in good shape, it also had the headlight wipers...Jim was nearly drooling...:_drool:
I found a Rodeo with a complete dash bezel, a three switch replacement for the "fuzzy hole", a single DIN cubby & a rear door release switch for the same low price, all with future projects in mind...:smilewink

Almost forgot...the "24 valve V-6" badge from the Rodeo front fender looks mighty sporty on my C/F intake...;)

All of the Troopers that might have been good candidates for half shaft hoarding had well over 100k on the clock, so I didn't bother.

All in all, a pretty good day for Jim & the Dub...:dance:

Oh yeah, Jo, you might not believe this, but the Band Aid you stuck on his "owiee" is still there...:razzgray:

VCrossfan
08/10/2008, 07:52 AM
I found a Rodeo with a complete dash bezel, a three switch replacement for the "fuzzy hole", a single DIN cubby & a rear door release switch for the same low price, all with future projects in mind...:smilewink

Ldubski .. Off the top of your head what range of years do Rodeo's Dash Bezels work in our VX's?? :_confused:_confused

Great finds...:clap::clap:

Ldub
08/10/2008, 08:02 AM
Ldubski .. Off the top of your head what range of years do Rodeo's Dash Bezels work in our VX's?? :_confused:_confused

DANG...I wish I knew...:sighwgray

I just sat in the drivers seat & realized that the dash looked "awfully familiar".

Also, I know that the Honda Passport shared the same dash as the VX & Rodeo, but again, have no idea as to which year(s).

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

VCrossfan
08/10/2008, 10:46 AM
DANG...I wish I knew...:sighwgray

I just sat in the drivers seat & realized that the dash looked "awfully familiar".

Also, I know that the Honda Passport shared the same dash as the VX & Rodeo, but again, have no idea as to which year(s).

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Thank You Sir...That's great info to start with..:yes:

kodiak
08/10/2008, 11:04 AM
Good to hear!

The dash from 96 to 97 Rodeo is the same as the VX except for all the color and the fuzzy hole.

twistedsymphony
08/10/2008, 06:39 PM
late model 95 rodeo dashes too...

they changed the design mid model year :p

even the center console area, HVAC, and firewall are the same if you ever need to swap that stuff out too.