PDA

View Full Version : New member Riff Raff

rowhard
08/08/2008, 08:43 PM
New member Riff Raff from Lakewood Washington, welcome to the obsession. Hey, all you VX'ers in Western Washington, he owns a bar/restaurant in Lakewood, bet we could get some reserved parking if we want to meet for a few brews and lunch. :bwgr:

don moore
08/08/2008, 08:45 PM
how far is lakewood..from oregon I5:rolleyes:

rowhard
08/08/2008, 11:14 PM
125 to the state line, that is the Lakewood exit

kpaske
08/09/2008, 08:07 AM
I'm not far from Lakewood... what restaurant??

rowhard
08/09/2008, 11:45 AM
It's the Longhorn Saloon on Bridgeport, the McChord AFB exit., the head west, across from K-mart. Doesn't open till evenings, so a lunch is out.

Riff Raff
08/10/2008, 05:14 AM
Hi Gang: Yes, it's me and I just purchased my VX off of eBay and I'm brand new to this website forum. I own the LONGHORN SALOON & RESTAURANT (253-581-2580) in Lakewood (Tacoma), Washington located at 10011 Bridgeport Way, S.W., Lakewood, WA 98499. We are at I-5 Exit #125 (McChord AFB & Bridgeport Way), and about 1.5 miles West along Bridgeport Way, next to T-Mobile. We are open Tuesday -- Sunday (closed Monday's), 5:00PM -- 2:00AM. I would love to "host" a VX gathering perhaps on a Sunday anytime after 5:00PM. The Mapquest website can give you pinpoint directions.

kpaske
08/10/2008, 06:03 PM
Hey, I know exactly where you are - I've never been inside but I've stopped by the little grocery store next door a few times. Welcome to the club! :)

Sounds like a good spot for a gtg to me!

Ldub
08/10/2008, 06:16 PM
Perhaps you'd better all...C O M E I N

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/RIFF_RAFF_1.jpg

Give as much lead time as possible...I might drive to WA for this GTG...:smilewink

WELCOME RIFF! :thumbup:

fuzzy
08/10/2008, 07:51 PM
Yikes! Flash-backs... spent nearly all my high school weekends yelling at the screen and throwing rice & toilet paper at that guy. I'm sure Mr. O'Brien owes me a year or two of my life back.

BTW: During my senior year, some unfortunately named guy "Tim Curry" was running for District Attorney (and I understand he's still there). I convinced a very nice old lady that I could borrow her 16-foot banner "Vote for Tim Curry!" for a midnight political rally if I promised to return it in the morning. She had no idea (although I'm sure he wondered why a boa was wrapped around it when she found it in her lawn the next morning).

Riff Raff
08/10/2008, 08:19 PM
Hey, I know exactly where you are - I've never been inside but I've stopped by the little grocery store next door a few times. Welcome to the club! :)

Sounds like a good spot for a gtg to me!

Yes, there used to be a little grocery store next door to me at the LONGHORN SALOON. It has seen gone out of business, and is now a "Pay Day Loan" joint. You may also recall that the LONGHORN SALOON is directly across the street from the Lakewood K-MART. I've owned the LONGHORN SALOON since 1999, and I believe I've seen your rig in our parking lot-- but I believe the VX I saw had TEXAS license plates on it (could that still be you???).