PDA

View Full Version : tod questions

pbkid
08/08/2008, 06:40 PM
hey, ive noticed that since i put my MTR's on my VX my TOD goes nuts when i start driving...even if im creeping out of a signal....

once im moving its fine and has no problems...

but if im at a signal and give it a little gas i can feel the tires "slipping" and the TOD moving the power forward and back....but this happens even on dry pavement....

is this an issue i need to deal with??

does anyone else have this issue??

is it that offroad tires just dont work very well with AWD sytle vehicles....

and if this has already been addressed....please just put up a post link....

thanks guys
jack

Ldub
08/08/2008, 06:49 PM
and if this has already been addressed....please just put up a post link....

thanks guys
jack

yeah right...like I'm going to do a search for someone who is no longer a site supporter...:sighwgray

Greasemonkey
08/09/2008, 06:36 AM
Just fit tyres that don't slip or live with it - i have Yokohama tyres - 200$ each and i don't seem to have an issue with slippage
cheers
Steve

pbkid
08/09/2008, 02:44 PM
it doesnt make it any better dub but i never was a site supporter....

jack

Ldub
08/09/2008, 07:05 PM
it doesnt make it any better dub but i never was a site supporter....

jack

Sorry Bro, thought you were, my mind must be slippin'...:rolleyesg

I think in general, the larger diameter, more aggressive lug pattern, the weirder the TOD is gonna get...mine "pulses power to the front tires" ever since I went to 33's, more so with the Mud Graps than the Terras. But mostly under more aggressive acceleration than you're describing.

Make sure the psi is same/same on all four corners.:thumbup:

Triathlete
08/09/2008, 07:42 PM
I run MTR's on my off road wheels and have not had this problem. I do not get any tire slip with them. I think this is not a tire issue. The MTR's grip as well as any other AT tire out there.

pbkid
08/09/2008, 11:20 PM
well thats good news and bad news...one guy says ya and another says no....

its really more right before it shifts when the power comes in a little stronger...

however, i have also noticed it slipping a little when braking hard too...so im thinking that the wrangler mtr's are either stiff tires or lack of rubber contact on the road...

thanks for the help guys

Jay Dunford
08/11/2008, 11:05 AM
Mine did this with the 33" MTR's pretty regularly. I just tried to get better at smooth starts until finally putting in the TOD disable switch/resistor mod. That also got rid of the drivetrain vibration caused by the 4" lift.

You can also try lowering your pressure to get a little better grip, but that will affect milage some and wear the tires faster.

twistedsymphony
08/12/2008, 01:16 PM
think about what the TOD sees...

IIRC it uses the ABS sensors to determine how much torque to shift to the front.

if it's shifting back and forth then obviously it's either getting unreliable readings or your wheels really are slipping and getting THAT big a difference in speed.

so I'm guessing either
A. Your sensor(s) are dirty and the TOD is getting bad info from them
B. Your tires are uneven in size or pressure creating the "illusion" of slippage to the TOD.
or
C. Your tires are really f-ing crappy and slipping all over the place :rolleyes: