PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone Tracking Wrecked VXs?

twistedsymphony
08/08/2008, 01:22 PM
Is anyone out there keeping track of how many VX's are known to have been wrecked?

I realize it's hard to keep track of VX's in known working condition seeing as most people wouldn't want to give up their VIN... but I would think keeping a list of known VXs in junk yards would give a good estimate of how many there are left in the world.

I ask because I'm a member of a 240sx owners club, the 240sx convertible was a rare car with less than 6000 made world wide. They've started an owners registry as well as a list of known wrecks... I've been told by the people managing this registry that keeping track of this is required to earn the car "collector's car status" within the US which entitles it to certain benefits designed to encourage owners to take better car of their vehicle such as tax brakes for expenses in maintaining it as well as emissions/inspection exemptions and reduced registration costs in particular states.

I must say I was quite surprised a similar project wasn't started among VX owners.... or maybe it has and I'm just not aware of it. :bwgy:

MSHardeman
08/08/2008, 02:44 PM
bimati, who is long gone from the board, wanted to start a VX registry a couple of years ago, but it never got off the ground. Since there where only 4300 (4700?) VX's imported to the US in the first place we've got to be getting pretty scarce. I have no idea what it takes to create a registry, but it is a great idea.

etlsport
08/08/2008, 02:47 PM
i think a few attempts have been made to start a registry.. but its a lot of work for little payoff (at the moment) but i agree it would be good to have this info.. if people start posting vin numbers of VXs that have been totaled i can keep up an excel file of it.. I know of a 99 ebony/black and red interior that was totaled...
http://inlinethumb08.webshots.com/25031/2559266060055089508S600x600Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2559266060055089508FrpoDR)

Gussie2000
08/08/2008, 03:44 PM
I believe that it is a good idea when it comes to know how many VX's are rolling on the streets.

I have an friend who works for the DMV's national data,i'll speak with her to find out if she can help us in any way to figured out how many VX's remains in "Good standing".

Probably she'll not be allowed to give up the VIN's but how many are out there nationwide,including hawaii,PR & alaska.

My friend buzz me this morning,according to her numbers (not confirmed) there's 3,145 vx's rolling in the US.She'll keep me posted 'till all this numbers are confirmed.

Ok guys here are the current numbers : 3,254 are on the streets nationwide (including Hawaii,PR & alaska)

Knigh7s
08/08/2008, 04:51 PM
I'm more than willing to work with everyone to get an online registery going. Member exclusive of course. it could look something like this:

| year | last four of VIN | ext color | int color | location (last known) | operational/salvage/wrecked |

What do you all think? Anything else to add/subtract?

etlsport
08/08/2008, 05:03 PM
I'm more than willing to work with everyone to get an online registery going. Member exclusive of course. it could look something like this:

| year | last four of VIN | ext color | int color |

What do you all think? Anything else to add/subtract?

maybe last known location?

Knigh7s
08/08/2008, 05:12 PM
maybe last known location?

updated post #5

Also added operational/salvage/wrecked

here is japanese 175 (http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.h6.dion.ne.jp%2F%7Ev. 175-59%2F175ltd-editions.htm&hl=en&ie=UTF8&sl=ja&tl=en) editions registry.

etlsport
08/08/2008, 06:17 PM
well if we are doing it heres my info...

2001 | 0563 | Kaiser Silver | Gray | Downingtown, PA | Operational

Knigh7s
08/08/2008, 06:35 PM
well if we are doing it heres my info...

2001|0563|Kaiser Silver|Gray|Downingtown, PA|Operational

Cool thanks, I needed some info to add to the database. this will help.

Lets get this goin everyone...

following post #5

here is mine:

2001 | 0219 | Kaiser Silver | Gray | Las Vegas, NV| Operational

etlsport
08/08/2008, 07:16 PM
This is the firewall plate i posted earlier

1999 | 0697 | Ebony Black | Red | Morrisville, PA | Totaled

taylorRichie
08/08/2008, 07:44 PM
Here's mine:
2000 | 0134 | Kaiser Silver | Gray | Ogden, UT | Operational | 50K mileage 08/08/08

(added last known mileage with date)

Knigh7s
08/08/2008, 07:47 PM
Continued at new post Vehicross Registry (http://vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?threadid=13977).

So-CalVX
08/09/2008, 11:42 AM
this is gonna be awesome! thanx for taking the initiative here. will i be able to access the VXLounge when i get my pay check and make my (much needed and extremely overdue) contribution to the site? is that what i'm understanding?

and (just throwing this out there) should we include a stock / modified slot? i think that would be cool (but then this is just a registry)

Knigh7s
08/09/2008, 03:53 PM
this is gonna be awesome! thanx for taking the initiative here. will i be able to access the VXLounge when i get my pay check and make my (much needed and extremely overdue) contribution to the site? is that what i'm understanding?

and (just throwing this out there) should we include a stock / modified slot? i think that would be cool (but then this is just a registry)

You may use vxlounge free of charge. it is my contribution to the VX community. :)

I don't think I will be adding stock/modified to the list... i was trying to keep it as simple as possible. I may later on add somthing where you can create a mods list that links to your v registry...