PDA

View Full Version : Not a VX, but as good as I could get...(new pics)

MustangO4
08/06/2008, 09:44 PM
Well, I couldn't get a VX here in Iraq, but I have access to this nice, but "rode hard" Trooper. I love it, the whole place is full of landcruisers and suburbans, but I am happy that I have this little trooper to play with. I just thought I'd share. I sure miss my VX :( Now I need to find a place to wheel it and get some better pictures. (without getting the poor thing shot at)

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/IMGA1491.JPG

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/IMGA1490.JPG

LittleBeast
08/06/2008, 10:07 PM
Cool, stay safe and thanks for your unselfish service for our great country!

kodiak
08/07/2008, 03:36 AM
Nice find! To bad you can’t bring it back with you. Stay safe!:thumbup:

VX crazy
08/07/2008, 04:58 AM
Be safe and thanks for all you do and allowing all of us to enjoy our freedom! :bgwp:

Ldub
08/07/2008, 06:16 AM
Cool, stay safe and thanks for your unselfish service for our great country!

Be safe and thanks for all you do and allowing all of us to enjoy our freedom! :bgwp:

:thumbup:...:cool:...:thumbup:

Couldn't have said it better, that's what I call "brand loyalty"!:dance:

WormGod
08/07/2008, 06:53 AM
Nothing wrong with that. It will take the same beating a VX can. Sometimes I wish I never sold my '97 Rodeo. That thing was simply unstoppable. Must be an ISUZU thing ya know, heh.

Stay safe!

MustangO4
08/07/2008, 07:19 AM
Thanks guys. I'll be sure to pass your thoughts on to the guys who are really putting "foot to *****". My last two trips, I was outside playing cowboys and terrorists, but this trip I am a total FOBIT or as I used to refer to them, Former Action Guy.

I'll see if the maintenance guys will let me take it home. Hey, guys are bringing back Iraqi dogs, why not? ;)

nfpgasmask
08/07/2008, 09:05 AM
Thanks guys. I'll be sure to pass your thoughts on to the guys who are really putting "foot to *****". My last two trips, I was outside playing cowboys and terrorists, but this trip I am a total FOBIT or as I used to refer to them, Former Action Guy.

I'll see if the maintenance guys will let me take it home. Hey, guys are bringing back Iraqi dogs, why not? ;)

If you find a nice Soviet era SVD, maybe you could sneak it back for me. I'll give you $2000 for it! :eek: :p ;)

Take care,

Bart

MustangO4
08/07/2008, 10:27 AM
If you find a nice Soviet era SVD, maybe you could sneak it back for me. I'll give you $2000 for it! :eek: :p ;)

Take care,

Bart

No joke, I wish, but I think it would be a bit more than 2k. You get that for the chinese ones easy now days. Remember when CDNN used to have them for 1200? I have shot them before and if it makes you feel better my VEPR was more accurate, but not near as cool......

nfpgasmask
08/07/2008, 11:07 AM
No joke, I wish, but I think it would be a bit more than 2k. You get that for the chinese ones easy now days. Remember when CDNN used to have them for 1200? I have shot them before and if it makes you feel better my VEPR was more accurate, but not near as cool......

Man, prices over here are SOARING. The last complete NDM-86 in 7.62x54 I saw was selling for $4500. The .308 versions still go for $2500-$3500 but I don't want a .308 (pricey ammo and slam-fire issues). Now, a true Soviet SVD, these are selling for $7000-$9000! :eek:

I don't think I will ever own one, even though it is my dream gun. :( There is a chance, that someday I will splurge and get my grubby mits on a NDM-86, but a real Dragonuv is out of the question for me...

Bart

MustangO4
08/07/2008, 11:14 AM
Man, prices over here are SOARING. The last complete NDM-86 in 7.62x54 I saw was selling for $4500. The .308 versions still go for $2500-$3500 but I don't want a .308 (pricey ammo and slam-fire issues). Now, a true Soviet SVD, these are selling for $7000-$9000! :eek:

I don't think I will ever own one, even though it is my dream gun. :( There is a chance, that someday I will splurge and get my grubby mits on a NDM-86, but a real Dragonuv is out of the question for me...

Bart

That is nuts. I went through a drag phase back when even 1200 was a lot and never got one. I did just get an S/A 1919 and a BOHICA .50 though before I deployed and I intend to make some sort of mount on the VX, either off the roof and standing on a step in the hitch or off one front corner with the mount as part of the bumper where you stand on the side of the VX and shoot over the hood. Should be fun.....

nfpgasmask
08/07/2008, 11:23 AM
That is nuts. I went through a drag phase back when even 1200 was a lot and never got one. I did just get an S/A 1919 and a BOHICA .50 though before I deployed and I intend to make some sort of mount on the VX, either off the roof and standing on a step in the hitch or off one front corner with the mount as part of the bumper where you stand on the side of the VX and shoot over the hood. Should be fun.....

I like your style, I've been thinking of making a canon like roof box that contains 6 Saiga 12s all connected to solonoids so I can fire the triggers from inside the VX. :) Throw some 20 round drums on each one, and have a nice lead thrower up top for any sort of situation that would require such a device. :) I bet the shock wave from 6 rifles firing 12 guage slugs all at the same time might crack the windsheild though...but then again, it would certainly get those slow people outta the fast lane!

:) Bart

MustangO4
08/07/2008, 11:46 AM
I like your style, I've been thinking of making a canon like roof box that contains 6 Saiga 12s all connected to solonoids so I can fire the triggers from inside the VX. :) Throw some 20 round drums on each one, and have a nice lead thrower up top for any sort of situation that would require such a device. :) I bet the shock wave from 6 rifles firing 12 guage slugs all at the same time might crack the windsheild though...but then again, it would certainly get those slow people outta the fast lane!

:) Bart

Interesting idea, if you sequenced the firing it shouldn't be too bad, but I hear the wraithmaker drums are awful and jam a lot aside from outrageously expensive. Plus I think there is some law against the solonoids firing a gun. What's to stop you from cranking up the speed and now it is esentially FA. Yes I think too much about this stuff. I get a fair amount of time for that here.

MustangO4
08/08/2008, 07:15 AM
I took her on a little field trip today. We checked out the sights at Sadam's former playground, now known as Camp Slayer, where I work.

First we stoped for a photo in front of the former Baath party HQ...

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/IMGA1500.JPG

Then we went and checked out the "Victory over America" palace. (Didn't work out so good) That is the "Perfume Palace in the background, where Sadam and sons allegedly kept their sex slaves.

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/IMGA1502.JPG

Lastly we stopped by the playground that Sadam made for his grandkids known as "Flinstone Village"

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/IMGA1505.JPG

All told we had a good time, despite it being about 120 degrees. Well, back to work....

WormGod
08/08/2008, 07:39 AM
Could always be worse I suppose. I had word from my cousin (through my aunt) in Afghan a few weeks ago that he was clunking around in a Toyota pickup that had more oil leaks than the total number of cars in a trailer park at any given time. I guess bullet holes will do that though, heh.

Watch out for those lead mosquitoes!

JoFotoz
08/08/2008, 10:44 AM
Hey Mustang...long time no see!

Plenty o'brew waiting for you at the Aussie Pub when ya return.

And of course....Be safe:cool:

jo

MustangO4
08/08/2008, 11:47 AM
Hey Mustang...long time no see!

Plenty o'brew waiting for you at the Aussie Pub when ya return.

And of course....Be safe:cool:

jo

AAARRRRGGGHHH!!!!

I'm sitting here drinking a lousy St Pauli N.A. It's cold and kinda tastes like beer so I am doing much better than a lot of folks. You keep San Diego in line for me. I still have to decide what color to paint the VX this time when I get back. I may go black again.

don moore
08/08/2008, 08:58 PM
Im proud of you Mustang..Come home soon...tell anybody there in the 3rd ID you see Hi for me
I use to be in the the 3-3-7 CAV.back in the cold war days..

Gary Owen Sir.

Veteran WO1
11D10-R8