PDA

View Full Version : Rear cherry bomb is hard work but done

Greasemonkey
08/03/2008, 11:29 AM
Hi guys not sure if yours have this but mine does - a very nice rear cherry bomb on the rear which i thought was half polished - then i was polishing the main section and realised that :eek::eek::eek::eek:
Its all polished stainless thats been left to corrode up - well hot dirty water anyway - i spent over an hour in between the rain storms and achieved this
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i101/greasemonkey_01/DSCF0180.jpg
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i101/greasemonkey_01/DSCF0179.jpg
i am very pleased with the outcome -and as the whole rear section is going to have to come off for a new gasket so i may as well do it on the bench rather than struggle so every 3 months or so its going to be a $20 gasket and polishing time lol
cheers
Steve

Solitude
08/03/2008, 02:10 PM
Hi.. this might be a stupid question.. but is that your only muffler?.. or is there another where the OEM one used to be.. have a always been curious about this set up.. thanks

Jeff

Ldub
08/03/2008, 02:50 PM
:homer: mmmmm...shiny :homer:

Looks good...:thumbup:

Triathlete
08/03/2008, 03:03 PM
Dub, How long you think that would last in Moab?:bgwb:

Solitude, that is the muffler.

Ldub
08/03/2008, 03:28 PM
[QUOTE=Triathlete;132978]Dub, How long you think that would last in Moab?:bgwb:[QUOTE]

Bout as long as it took to polish...:smilewink

Still, looks real purdy...got a sound clip?

Greasemonkey
08/04/2008, 06:43 AM
Hi there is a stock muffler under the VX - size of a small house lol - i removed the small core plug type this to see if it sounds better - it does but the stainless looks unfinished - so i put it back - i shall get a sound clip sorted and post it for you when i get chance - its just right - not to noisy but enough to turn heads - the cherry bomb is empty so is for show only
cheers
Steve

Solitude
08/04/2008, 01:11 PM
Interesting about having the stock muffler also.. wonders if the extra pressure with the tip muffler causes a decreasse in mileage.. does that extra muffler make the sound different..?
things to ponder I guess

thanks
jeff