PDA

View Full Version : VX Madness Updated!

nfpgasmask
08/01/2008, 09:42 PM
So I finally got around to spending the time in front of the PC to get VX Madness updated. Lots of new photos and all my mods are now up there and current. I also added a videos page with links to the stuff posted on YouTube. I hope to start going through the 8 hours of footage from Moab 08 and get that stuff posted sooner than later also...

Anyway, for those interested, here is the link:

http://www.nofuture.com/myvx/myvx.htm

Bart

CrnCnn
08/01/2008, 09:50 PM
Nice, there are a few of me I have never seen. I got to come over so you can burn me a disc

snowtrooper1966
08/01/2008, 11:57 PM
Sick upgrade!
I like the way ur thumbnails are monchromatic until you click them. Was that a download spped or asthetic choice?
Best,

johnnyapollo
08/02/2008, 03:18 AM
Very Nice! I like what you've done!

-- John

nfpgasmask
08/02/2008, 08:17 AM
Sick upgrade!
I like the way ur thumbnails are monchromatic until you click them. Was that a download spped or asthetic choice?
Best,

Yeah, that's the part that takes forever, cause I make all the thumbnails myself, and then manually like them out to the bigger pic. So yes, aesthetic choice.

:) Bart

Ldub
08/02/2008, 09:45 AM
Nice, there are a few of me I have never seen. I got to come over so you can burn me a disc

Very Nice! I like what you've done!

-- John

What THEY said...:thumbup:

Well Done Bart!:cool:

OHVX'er
08/02/2008, 12:12 PM
Very nice looking website.

Gussie2000
08/02/2008, 04:51 PM
So I finally got around to spending the time in front of the PC to get VX Madness updated. Lots of new photos and all my mods are now up there and current. I also added a videos page with links to the stuff posted on YouTube. I hope to start going through the 8 hours of footage from Moab 08 and get that stuff posted sooner than later also...

Anyway, for those interested, here is the link:

http://www.nofuture.com/myvx/myvx.htm

Bart

What can i say..... :rolleyes:

There was the most excited 1:54 seconds,no police with radar,no stop signs,no traffic lights,no cars cutting you off,no SPEED LIMIT SIGNS,that is really madness :p:p

nfpgasmask
08/04/2008, 08:31 AM
Thanks guys! I hope to keep it updated from now one...

There was the most excited 1:54 seconds,no police with radar,no stop signs,no traffic lights,no cars cutting you off,no SPEED LIMIT SIGNS,that is really madness :p:p

I take it you are talking about the Black Rock Desert videos. Yeah, its pretty cool out there. Its where they shoot a lot of car commercials and do a lot of land speed record runs. Its also where Burning Man is held every year. I really love driving out there, its just so wide open and feels amazing to drive on, but its a hell of a mess. The playa is just dried up dirt and when you drive on it its like baby powder....gets into every nook and cranny of the VX.

Bart

taylorRichie
08/04/2008, 05:25 PM
Awesome Bart! Very cool...

You should consider setting up your enlarged images using lightbox.

:thumbup:

Linky, incase you weren't familiar with what I was talking about :D
http://www.huddletogether.com/projects/lightbox2/

kodiak
08/04/2008, 06:23 PM
Very cool! It look like you took the time to do it right. That’s rare, great job!:thumbup:

nfpgasmask
08/05/2008, 04:27 PM
Thanks guys. Yeah, I have seen the lightbox thing. Its actionscript I think. I might look into it.

Thanks - Bart

Knigh7s
08/05/2008, 04:38 PM
Lightbox is pretty easy to implement... It's just AJAX code (Asynchronous JavaScript and XML). And if you search around the net, you can find ways to modify it to fit your site themes...

This is my favorite one, rokbox (http://www.rocketwerx.com/products/rokbox/overview). Just d/l the standalone version, it comes with all the scripts to get you up and running... oh and its theme-able(sp?)

taylorRichie
08/05/2008, 05:50 PM
Yeah it's just Java.... You can also do it with a very very simple CSS trick too.

Actionscript is for Flex, flash, and adobe apps. I'm an actionscript developer/designer.

BlackVXer99
08/11/2008, 08:52 PM
awesome!
ive had your website on my favorites for a while now. its actually what reallly put me over the edge in terms of picking one up, and i just got lucky and found exactly what i wanted 10 mins away. :clap:

nfpgasmask
08/12/2008, 08:37 AM
its actually what reallly put me over the edge in terms of picking one up

That's cool! I never thought my site would inspire someone to buy a VX, so that is good to hear!!

Thanks - Bart