PDA

View Full Version : Driving Last VX on Earth

Bill Brown
07/29/2008, 09:22 AM
Well, that's how it seems here in Middle California, AKA Clovis, California. It's been years since I've seen another VX on the road or anywhere for that matter. Any other VXers feel like they're driving the last VX on Earth?:bwgy:

Ldub
07/29/2008, 10:11 AM
That sounds like a problem that only a trip to Moab could solve...:naughty:

See you in May???:smilewink

twistedsymphony
07/29/2008, 10:37 AM
I didn't see any for the longest time, and then when I put a deposit down to buy one a couple of weeks ago I saw 2 on the road within a matter of days, a proton and a silver metallic.

I live in NH, and in an area thats popular with vacationers, both VXs had out of state plates, loaded up with families, and one of them had kayaks on the roof rack... I guess it makes a good getaway vehicle :bwgy:

workmeistr
07/29/2008, 11:06 AM
Bill,
I'm 2 1/2 hours away, awaiting your visit. 'Ever get to Marina/Monterey? If not, maybe a weekend link-up at either location or in-between.

You are not alone...:bwgy:

circmand
07/29/2008, 11:18 AM
I am 90 miles away from the nearest city. BHC has never even had an Isuzu dealership. You want to guess how many VX's I have seen here?

Bill Brown
07/29/2008, 11:47 AM
Bill,
I'm 2 1/2 hours away, awaiting your visit. 'Ever get to Marina/Monterey? If not, maybe a weekend link-up at either location or in-between.

You are not alone...:bwgy:
I get out to your neck of the woods about once each February for a week long work conference at Pacific Grove. However, I usually drive a company car for work stuff. Took the VX, once, to drive over to Santa Cruz after the conference.

Anyway, will have to coordinate a lil' VX meetup.:_steering Any ideas about where our VXes would be able to compliment some cool ocean scene for a photo or 2?

etlsport
07/29/2008, 12:49 PM
ive seen one (unplanned) in the last year or so.. but ive met up with like 9 members in the last year :thumbup:

i get probably 1 call a month from friends telling me they saw one.. a firefox in the exton/downingtown pa area and a proton on 95 between philly and baltimore with jersey tags

tom4bren
07/29/2008, 01:08 PM
You may see another Proton this weekend between DC & Philly or Jersey (Baby shower for inlaws).

nfpgasmask
07/29/2008, 01:48 PM
And you are always welcome to come up the Reno way, we are always ready to meet more VXers.

I almost got to meet up with workmeister, but my schedule got to packed, next time for sure though!

Bart

Bill Brown
07/29/2008, 02:03 PM
That sounds like a problem that only a trip to Moab could solve...:naughty:

See you in May???:smilewink
My VX has mellowed over the years, not that I ever took it rockcrawlin'. Though I took it on several trips exploring Big Bend National Park, Texas, and nearby unpaved roads to who knows where. Anyone 'member the San Diego meetup some years back exploring the Mexico-U.S. border trails? Anyway, that's the extent of my extreme off-roading. I mostly stick to boring paved roadways these days.

Anita
07/29/2008, 02:32 PM
Hi Bill!

I remember the border trail meet you set up. That was great fun. Good to see that you are still out there with your VX. :grinr:

VX's joined by Border Patrol looking into Mexico.
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/7rim_of_the_world.jpg

Bill Brown
07/29/2008, 04:19 PM
Hi Bill!

I remember the border trail meet you set up. That was great fun. Good to see that you are still out there with your VX. :grinr:
Hi Anita -
I still drive the same company car that I drove to lunch back when... Though next year will turn it in and hang up the uniform for the last time.:hat: My VX will become the only 4x4 in my life.:grino: