PDA

View Full Version : Rolling road day tomorrow

Greasemonkey
07/25/2008, 11:33 AM
Hi guys shes going to be put on the rolling road tomorrow - has anyone ever done this before and what were the results ?
I am thinking she maybe a tad lower BHP than stated because she is 11 years old - But i am hoping for a minimum of 185 anyway -
has anyone any thoughts on holding full throttle on the rollers - never having done it before i am a bit nervious about it - don't want a rod to let go and the like.
any advice welcomed
cheers
Steve

tom4bren
07/25/2008, 12:07 PM
I haven't a clue what you're talking about. It sounds kind of like a dyno with a virtual scene displayed???

If so, CAREFUL. Both front & rear wheels are getting power. If the fronts are on stationary ground, you may enter the scene - literally.

Ldub
07/25/2008, 01:33 PM
Elvis has LEFT... the building...:smilewink

kodiak
07/25/2008, 02:24 PM
He has a JDM he can put it in 2wd.:cool:

I haven't a clue what you're talking about. It sounds kind of like a dyno with a virtual scene displayed???

If so, CAREFUL. Both front & rear wheels are getting power. If the fronts are on stationary ground, you may enter the scene - literally.

Ldub
07/25/2008, 02:39 PM
Elvis appears to be maintaining his position INSIDE the building...:cool:

Greasemonkey
07/25/2008, 02:41 PM
Hi yes JDM - 2wd - 'rolling road' is a dyno test that can measure the Brake Horse Power at the rear or front wheels - is just 2wd tomorrow but they are have a set of 4wd rollers sorted in the near future so it will be fun to see what power is actually at the fronts in TOD - could be interesting as minor tweeks can be measured in output power - things like a conical filer etc
cheers
Steve

snowtrooper1966
07/25/2008, 02:54 PM
Have fun!
I only ever had one vehicle on the Dyno, my old 66 Pontiac GTO. It was a great tool to see how tweaks resulted in better performance!
Ldub, is that a Meji tryptic woodblock print in your sig?

Greasemonkey
07/26/2008, 11:53 AM
Hi guys - right big disappointment lol - 167 BHP 210 lbs ft torque - very nice graph though and plenty in reserve - the rolling road techy said it was being choked - when we looked under neath the silencer was glowing cherry red - so it looks like a power flow exhaust - custom made - or a genuine - what do you guys recommend ? the dyno guys loved the VX and wanted to take her away there and then - we chuffed though she did well - you can always improve a low score
cheers
Steve

kodiak
07/26/2008, 12:10 PM
A new exhaust system and a K&N air filter will make a big difference.
I’ll translate Silencer is British for Muffler and rolling road is British for dyno.

Little British Trivia, What kind of car is an estate? This question is for the Yanks Steve.;)

Greasemonkey
07/26/2008, 01:38 PM
:o:):eek:
cheers
Steve

So-CalVX
07/26/2008, 11:26 PM
A new exhaust system and a K&N air filter will make a big difference.
I’ll translate Silencer is British for Muffler and rolling road is British for dyno.

Little British Trivia, What kind of car is an estate? This question is for the Yanks Steve.;)

its a wagon ain't it?

kodiak
07/26/2008, 11:53 PM
We have a winner!:clap:

its a wagon ain't it?

Greasemonkey
07/27/2008, 02:19 AM
Are there any exhaust systems that you guys have tried that are available in the UK or EU - importing is very expensive but some companies are already here like 'powerflow'
cheers
Steve

kodiak
07/27/2008, 04:46 AM
I had mine custom made at a locale shop that specializes in exhaust system for off road vehicles. It’s really not that expensive compared to the prefabricated kits.

Are there any exhaust systems that you guys have tried that are available in the UK or EU - importing is very expensive but some companies are already here like 'powerflow'
cheers
Steve

mdwyer
07/27/2008, 06:00 AM
We have a winner!:clap:

Yeah, well, we learned something from Top Gear reruns... :) Now, lets discuss "Saloon", shall we?

kodiak
07/27/2008, 01:37 PM
The first time I ever saw Jeremy Clarkson was in a Documentary he did about American cars called “The Good the Bad and the ugly” about 3 or 4 years ago. I would show it to my friends and really piss them off. It was great! :p

rowhard
07/28/2008, 03:49 AM
Now, lets discuss "Saloon", shall we?

And how about a nearside wing, any guesses? :)

kodiak
07/28/2008, 11:03 AM
There are a couple of guys on this site that could use a new near side wing.;)

Now, lets discuss "Saloon", shall we?

And how about a nearside wing, any guesses? :)