PDA

View Full Version : Went to a concert and a storm broke out!

Triathlete
07/19/2008, 11:37 PM
So tonight my daughter treated my wife and I to a concert for our 20th anniversery. Cheap Trick and Journey were on the bill at a small outdoor venue (AVA theater for those that know Tucson). Cheap Trick put on a great show and sounded as good if not better than they did 20 years ago. Journey hits the stage with their new lead singer (who is very good) and get through 3 songs when the sky opens up, dumping rain and lightning on everyone! Journey pulls the plug...apparently water, electrical instruments and lightning do not mix! They vow that if we wait out the storm they will continue the show. Arizona monsoons usually come in fast and hard and then leave just as fast. So we all get soaked for about 40 minutes (remember its an outdoor show). As the rain lightens Journey returned to the stage and played a shortened greatest hits set. They were great...unfortunately they only played a couple of their new songs! Just as we left a second round of storms came ripping through...streets were flooded!

Scott Harness
07/20/2008, 06:12 AM
Yea I saw the 60 minutes episode with Journey.The lead singer is VERY good and has an amazing rags to riches story also.

Gussie2000
07/20/2008, 08:47 AM
It wouldn't be funny to see jorney song leader also lighting up over the stage
in the middle of a storm :cool: