PDA

View Full Version : VX Seat Levers Busted/Broken on both seats

NC_VX
06/28/2003, 10:12 AM
It first began when my dog hopped into the back and accidetnly broke the finger lever to put passenger seat forward. Then on the driver side, you can pull the lever that is closest to the door up, and it does nothing. I have to now use the inside lever for both seats... Reaching in is a pain and not very convenient.

Has anyone experienced this? The driver side was originally supposed to be repaired in warrently, but it started doing it after warrenty expired. I have no clue how to get into the seat and see if it is somethign I could repair.

If you have experienced this, how can I get a replacement lever?

mrtew
06/28/2003, 11:43 AM
My drivers seat is like that too. The lever just pulls up and doesn't release anything most of the time. It seems like it's caused by the adjuster knob coming off and letting all the plastic parts under it spread out so their not lined up and interlocking anymore. I put some glue on it and smacked it on tight and now the lever works a lot of the time. Ususally tweaking it left and right while you lift it will make it catch so I can tip the seat. How long does the warantee last on the seats? I should see if they will fix mine, although I probably messed it up when I put the glue on it.