PDA

View Full Version : History of the Vehicross Part 1 On youtube!

kodiak
07/13/2008, 04:28 PM
This is a little video I put together yesterday. :work:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LCa-U9Aa1k

rowhard
07/13/2008, 04:48 PM
Kodiak, truly a superb endeavor, thank you. Having been a VX owner now for a few years and thinking I am a expert because I am a paid up member here at vehicross dot info, I have learned so much from you video and how much I didn't know. Think there should be a link posted here to this video for all of the new members that join in the future. Thanks again:thumbup:

fuzzy
07/13/2008, 05:57 PM
Good content, but PLEASE replace the computer voicing with good ol' human-speak!

johnnyapollo
07/13/2008, 06:37 PM
Agreed - the computer voice is irritating. You need a sexy, gravelly female voice in my opinion - heh.

-- John

Ldub
07/13/2008, 06:50 PM
Great vid...having Stephen Hawking narrate must have driven production cost through the roof...:thumbup:

Anita
07/13/2008, 08:20 PM
Great video.. some pics I have not seen before.

It reminds me of the sales video INSIGHTS: Vehicross, that has been passed around the membership. With all the new members, does everyone know about the INSIGHTs video?

kodiak
07/13/2008, 08:50 PM
Stephen owed me a favor for some theories I thro his way a while back. So be nice, your giving him a complex.:p Trust me that’s the best computer voice I could fined. The other ones are pretty bad.
I mite need to brake down and use my own vocie.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the encouragement, part two is coming up.

Ldub
07/13/2008, 08:54 PM
[QUOTE] Stephen owed me a favor for some theories I thru his way a while back. [QUOTE]

Good trade...:thumbup:

don moore
07/13/2008, 10:51 PM
great ...voice is diff. cant wait till #2:grinr:

Thmstec
07/13/2008, 11:38 PM
Whats INSIGHTs video? I'm not familiar, but now I'm curious.

Nice vid, just have similar criticism of the voice

Knigh7s
07/14/2008, 02:53 AM
Stephen owed me a favor for some theories I thro his way a while back. So be nice, your giving him a complex.:p Trust me that’s the best computer voice I could fined. The other ones are pretty bad.
I mite need to brake down and use my own vocie.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the encouragement, part two is coming up.

If you shoot me the script, I might be able to work something out for you, still using an electronic voice but a lot more cleaner... and female!!! ;) I attached an mp3 in a zip file for an example...

tomdietrying
07/14/2008, 05:49 AM
Dude, great video and w/ Stephen doing the audio...............you can't beat that.

I say part II keep Stephen's voice in it.

Peace.
Tom

kodiak
07/14/2008, 08:16 AM
Nice voice! I was using Microsoft Mike, I was going to use MS Anna but that voice is way too choppy. Part 1 would need to be reedited to get the timing just right. I’m in the process of getting a better voice for part 2. I’m going to finish part 2 first and then redo part 1.
The voices I have came with my GPS software. Yours sounds really good. As soon as I finish the part 2 text. If I don’t have a better voice by then. I’ll shoot the text off to you.
Thanks for the offer.:p

If you shoot me the script, I might be able to work something out for you, still using an electronic voice but a lot more cleaner... and female!!! ;) I attached an mp3 in a zip file for an example...

Greasemonkey
07/14/2008, 08:43 AM
Hi great vid - i like the inclusion of the JDM - but remember the two engine sizes and the JDM hi low lever is the one you show - as a suggestion rather than mixing the JDM and the US version you might make each their own specific section by year as the two don't cross the time line but the US one follows the JDM - 3.2 and 2wd option with TOD up to 50m mph cloth interior etc - then the US version with the 3.5 constant 4wd leather trim sun roof etc
cheers
Steve

So-CalVX
07/14/2008, 12:44 PM
very nice... i especially like the white rims on the IRONMAN very early in the video...

Mark B
07/14/2008, 01:10 PM
Great info video on the VX.
Any more?

OHVX'er
07/14/2008, 02:21 PM
Very informative video, thanks for posting that. I learn more and more every day.

kodiak
07/14/2008, 02:24 PM
This is a new pic of it I found.

779 I like it!

very nice... i especially like the white rims on the IRONMAN very early in the video...

kodiak
07/14/2008, 03:18 PM
Hi great vid - i like the inclusion of the JDM - but remember the two engine sizes and the JDM hi low lever is the one you show - as a suggestion rather than mixing the JDM and the US version you might make each their own specific section by year as the two don't cross the time line but the US one follows the JDM - 3.2 and 2wd option with TOD up to 50m mph cloth interior etc - then the US version with the 3.5 constant 4wd leather trim sun roof etc
cheers
Steve

I plan on explaining the differences between the JDMs and US in part 2.
I also need to talk about the original designer of the concept VX Shiro Nakamura.

Knigh7s
07/14/2008, 05:24 PM
Sounds good, If you need help with the timing and pronunciation, shoot me a PM. You have to sometimes misspell words for them to say it the correct way. I believe the voice I used was Anna but with some modifiers and slowed down the speed a bit. Let me know, I'll be more than happy to help!!!

Nice voice! I was using Microsoft Mike, I was going to use MS Anna but that voice is way too choppy. Part 1 would need to be reedited to get the timing just right. I’m in the process of getting a better voice for part 2. I’m going to finish part 2 first and then redo part 1.
The voices I have came with my GPS software. Yours sounds really good. As soon as I finish the part 2 text. If I don’t have a better voice by then. I’ll shoot the text off to you.
Thanks for the offer.:p

twistedsymphony
07/14/2008, 05:50 PM
I like the idea but you should re-do it with a real person doing the voice over. ...I'm sure you can find some telicom student who would be willing to do it for free. :yesgray: