PDA

View Full Version : tilting window fix by SBC

rowhard
07/12/2008, 05:33 AM
Well, I finally got around to doing the repair on the tilting window issue that all have or will have with the part's made by SBC. Was a very simple and I think permanent fix. But something I've just noticed and maybe it was always there, but with the window full down, the rear top edge does not go totally into the cavity of the door and sticks up about a 1/4 inch. Does your. :confused:

HotFlyer
07/12/2008, 09:35 AM
Hi rowhard,

I did the same fix and have the same problem. My window sticks up about 1/4 inch toward the rear of the window. The window goes up and down fine. It seals and does not leak. There is no wind noise.

Howard (0761)

Bulldoggie
07/12/2008, 10:33 AM
Hi John,
When I helped put the metal tabs on Eric's and Kyle's, I noticed they were a little taller than the plastic tabs. I thought it was a minor issue, but the bolt hole slots could have been just a bit higher, bringing the arms closer to the bottom of the glass. I did think they are well fabricated.

SBC
07/12/2008, 10:56 AM
Just to clear this up......they were only made as a replacement for the plastic parts that brake.
I did offset the holes a bit so there would be enough metal and clearence so one could notch the holes Vertical if need be the help clear up the tilting problem..........i punched the holes for horizontal adjustment only and made the steal brackets to replace the plastic junk , didnt get much feed back on the forum if it was actually helping with everyone's tilting.........as everyone's tilting problem was for a few different reason's i just left enough for people to experiment with and cut out vertical holes if they felt it necessary.

taylorRichie
07/12/2008, 11:25 AM
Mine doesn't stick out at all... I just cleaned off the old tabs residue really good and pushed the window all the way to the bottom of the channel.

I'm' very happy with the product.

rowhard
07/12/2008, 11:51 AM
Thanks everyone, it's not an issue at all, was just wondering if it was like that before the mod and I just never noticed or a result of the mod. Either way, it is, or at least seems to be an excellent fix for this problem. Thanks SBC for the time, trouble, and desire to help the VX community with this problem.:):)

etlsport
07/13/2008, 05:13 PM
my passenger side window sticks up a little out of the door when down and its completely stock.. drivers side doesnt

workmeistr
07/13/2008, 05:28 PM
Exact same thing here with a 2001 stocker. 'Bout 1/8 - 1/4" showing on the passenger side, all the way down on the driver's side.

Bulldoggie
07/14/2008, 11:28 AM
I thought I should add; that my windows poke out of the rubber when closed, (about an eighth of an inch) and I still have stock plastic tabs.
I still rest my arm out the window, no problem

tom4bren
07/14/2008, 12:31 PM
See, my procrastination paid off. Now I have the chance to elongate the tab holes on mine before I install.:)