PDA

View Full Version : Question on PV muffler

hchen
06/27/2003, 01:19 PM
I just got my PV muffler a few days ago but havent had time to install it. A couple of my boys saw the muffler and said that it might not be street legal but im not really sure. i was wondering if the muffler and when i put a custom cat exhaust on will be legal in jersey..or any other place. i relaly hope those two guys dont kno what theyre talkin about. i havent asked anyone else yet but i think it'll be better to ask on this board where people already have 'em in. thanks

Dallas4u
06/27/2003, 01:28 PM
Maybe you can tell us as to why they think it isn't legal? I'm not sure why they said that. I'm sure a muffler shop should know the laws and at least tell you if it is legal or not, even if they install it for you. That being said, I don't think ANYONE on here has EVER been told that it was illegal.

Ask them why they think so.

Also, why didn't you just buy the muffler and catback at the same time? There is a catback produced by the same manufacturer as the PV. This could have saved time and money (unless you are spacing out your purchases).

IsuZOOM
06/27/2003, 01:50 PM
I'm sure most states have statutes that prohibit a loud volume from a vehicle. I think Colorado even has one that prohibits a louder muffler than the factory one to be installed. Of course, stuff like this is rarely enforced.

hchen
06/27/2003, 02:34 PM
Alrite, i'll drop by a muffler shop to find out.

how much is the catback that pv sells? im gettin it custom made for 180 built and installed ... gettin some hookups. so if it's less i'll buy it...if it's not. then yea...i'll stick with the custom one they'll make for me. let me kno, thanks~

Inaba
06/27/2003, 05:02 PM
I bought my PV2 cat back for $380 shipped. Took a long time though (Almost exactly a month).

FeatherFoot
07/04/2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by hchen
im gettin it custom made for 180 built and installed ... gettin some hookups. so if it's less i'll buy it...if it's not. then yea...i'll stick with the custom one they'll make for me.

I believe that the custom system you are getting is made from crush bent aluminized tubing. To get a comparative price have them quote mandrel bent Stainless tubing.

While I'm here, i read somewhere that some one felt they may have lost some performance. Possible, but, probably not. The PV allows the engine to work at propeling the vehicle not forcing the burnt gas out. The bond between man and machine interprets this as not working as hard. (correct). Results usually show up in improved fuel mileage.

FF