PDA

View Full Version : ClearCorners LED tail lights

WormGod
06/27/2003, 08:59 AM
Thought I would start a new thread on the tails since the old one wasnt quite up to date.

Anyways, I recieved the tail lights in the mail yesterday. First impression out of the box was WOW. They are considerably darker than the stock and the tint of them is very flush and smooth. The ports in the back where the LEDs were run are well sealed. Mike also packed them up in about 30 lbs of paper and bubble wrap. He certainly wasnt taking any chances on damaging these prototypes, heh.

Anyways, this weekend I plan on getting out in this scorching sun to do the swap. I have yet to look at the assembly to see how to get the lights out, and hope it doesnt take me tearing down any of the rear interior. I doubt it's all that though. But, I will post some pics very soon of the install and see what you guys think.

ClearCorners LED Tail Lights for the VX (http://clearcorners.com/products/isuzu/vx1/R_full2/)

WyrreJ
06/27/2003, 09:04 AM
It should be really easy to do, just two screws and a yank, then whatever it takes to fully disconnect the electrical.

Please post pics.

Also, is the tint just a film or something else?

WormGod
06/27/2003, 12:59 PM
What Mike does to tint the lense is not a film at all. We spoke about how he was planning on doing it over the phone in depth and he said that what he does with all of his other lights is he shoots a black inside the silver tray behind the actual lense. This creates a less reflective surface behind the lense so the light doesnt resonate and reflect. In turn, it creates a darker backdrop for the lense and creates creates the illusion of it being a smoked lense. It actually works out quite well, exceot for along the outside rim of the lense, where there is no darker backdrop. That can always be shot with a black satin, or whatever color your VX is to make it more flush with your body color.

Jolly Roger VX'er
06/27/2003, 07:21 PM
I've had my tail lamps out for a couple different reasons...it is really easy...just remove the two screws and it pops out...re-installing is a snap too! I had mine out to hook up my trailer hitch...I made what I refer to as a T-connecting harness so that I didn't have to splice into the factory wiring...now all I have to do to return my VX to perfect stock condition is to remove the harness and hitch and voila!

nyc #1 ironman
06/27/2003, 09:05 PM
an u post pic with one of Mikes on and one of yours on also? Just to see the comparison..

nyc #1 ironman
06/28/2003, 07:10 PM
sorry, can not an,,,lol:cool: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

WormGod
06/30/2003, 12:11 AM
Dang, the pics that I took of the comparison (driver side stock/passenger side LED) came out bad because of the bright sun. :(

But, the final pics are up and ready for viewing. I have a few new shots of my VX HERE (http://wormgod.8m.com/vehicross.html) with the LEDs installed. Once again, the pics do little justice for these lights because of the sun, but hopefully you will get the idea. At night, these things look incredible! I had a buddy who was following me home the other night from a bar and he had a hard time keeping up in his little bondo bucket, but he said the tail lights stood out so very well that he never lost me in the distance. I have already gotten all sorts of compliments on how well they look. Mike did a sweet job on them. Anyone who is local and interested, I cant recommend checking them out sometime enough. I am most pleased.

And installing wasnt too bad at all except for having to pop out the rear interior a bit to connect the harness and popping some of the lower rear cladding out to connect the side rear parking lights. It was maybe an hour job (drinking beer, jabbering with the buddies, and taking my time hampered this a lot though ;) ).

I will try to get some dusk to night pics soon. These things are great looking with little light as I said. :D