PDA

View Full Version : My VX / blank canvas

KING FROG
06/29/2008, 07:53 AM
Yup,

Here is my recent purchase. I had seen these back in 99 but it was out of my range....I was lookin' for a new car last week and ran into an add. I was like, "oh...yeah...i forgot about those!" then 2 weeks and some research later....this is what I got.
It sounds like a jet plane when I release the gas...kind of a whirring sound...not necessarily a bad sound..is it? I hope it is just the way it sounds...any ways...I really want to get this built up for off-road a bit...
well...I got a million questions but for now, I am just postin' pics.....

http://images.yuku.com/image/jpeg/36f356bdc660fd25b09b4c61b0e61ecb3fde954.jpg
http://images.yuku.com/image/jpeg/816352bbcda4feb0b81b4491be419dba373a093.jpg

tomdietrying
06/29/2008, 07:58 AM
Very nice Dragon! Welcome to the family!
Peace.
Tom

rowhard
06/29/2008, 08:06 AM
Yes, as an owner of a Dragon Green VX, it's nice to see a bone stock dragon VX. I remember mine looked like that coming off of the truck. But many thousands of dollars later,..... WAIT, isn't that what an addiction is :confused:

snowtrooper1966
06/29/2008, 10:16 AM
Nice pix!
I am sure it was love @ first sight....Dragons rule!

Greeetings, I am snowtrooper1966, and I am a VX owner.
Creator, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
(folks stopping me and asking what the hell is that thing)
The courage to change the things I can,
(with the expert help of forum members here who have gone before)
And the wisdom to know the difference
(negative offset tire mod, just kidding, tom4bren;))

Best,

tom4bren
06/30/2008, 03:53 PM
Opinions are like arse holes - everyone has one - some stink ... no wait they all stink ... I digress ... what was the point I was trying to make???

Oh yeah - Troop - PPPHHHTTT.

Gussie2000
06/30/2008, 04:33 PM
Nice to see that you've choose the VX over many,many SUV's & crossovers out there.

Hope you enjoy it as much as the rest of us are enjoing it or either enjoyed in the past.

Take care of that toy & he'll take any where you want to.

Few tips just for starters :

Use only syntetic oils,nothing else. (Mobil 1 or amsoil)
Check the oil level at least ones a week & keep an extra bottle in the trunk.

Ooops,it seems that the isuzu grill logo are heads down isn't it ?

Joe Isuzu
06/30/2008, 06:52 PM
congrats on the new purchase and welcome to the family!! and if you find out you don't need the roof rack, those things are HOT items, I guarantee you could probably sell it the same day you post it, just fyi

So-CalVX
06/30/2008, 07:09 PM
http://images.yuku.com/image/jpeg/36f356bdc660fd25b09b4c61b0e61ecb3fde954.jpg

Ooops,it seems that the isuzu grill logo are heads down isn't it ?

haha.. that's effin sweet! i didn't even notice that.
i likey, two thumbs up!

now to ask.... did it come like that or did u do it?:confused:

snowtrooper1966
06/30/2008, 09:00 PM
Opinions are like arse holes - everyone has one - some stink ... no wait they all stink ... I digress ... what was the point I was trying to make???

Oh yeah - Troop - PPPHHHTTT.

Hey, Tom!
Shouldn't there be some FFF's betwixt the P's & H's?;)
Sorry to pick on you, I was in a hurry and your mod came to mind first. I do like your VX!
Best,

nfpgasmask
06/30/2008, 09:48 PM
Hey, Tom!
Shouldn't there be some FFF's betwixt the P's & H's?;)
Sorry to pick on you, I was in a hurry and your mod came to mind first. I do like your VX!
Best,

Oh James, tell the truth, you're just saying that to be nice. :laughing:

Bart

PS - Nice Dragon KING FROG, welcome to the addiction, now lift that VX and get some new rims and meat!!!

KING FROG
07/01/2008, 10:04 AM
haha.. that's effin sweet! i didn't even notice that.
i likey, two thumbs up!

now to ask.... did it come like that or did u do it?:confused:

I did that...thank you. Was wondering if anyone would notice. You should see the folx scratch there head and try and read it....NASA? huh? whats that say?

haha...yeh...my first mod. And I will be KEEPING the rack thank you. I want some lights up there.

I figured out the noise was low tire pressure. I love this site and I hope to contribute/donate if at all possible...but, buying this thing and the discovery that my 2nd child is in the oven have me pinching pennies....however, this site seems a wise investment.

I do want to lift and knob those wheels but, I am also new to this sort of thing so...slow and steady. I don't wanna tear anything up by doing it wrong.

tomorrow...let the de-badging begin.