PDA

View Full Version : perfect opportunity

circmand
06/28/2008, 07:15 PM
to show your knowledge and make fujn of me for posting a stupid question. Where are the sparkplugs? I see 6 orange pieces on top of the manifolds that each have 2 screws. Are these hiding the plugs, Any special needs to replace Id rather be ridiculed here that go through the hassole of removing those in 120 degree weather only to find out they do not hide the plugs or other parts are needed.

Ldub
06/28/2008, 07:32 PM
Well, now that you took all the fun out of it...:sighwgray

:_wrench:Those orange things are individual coil packs, instead of a distributor, the CPU tells each one to fire.
They extend through the valve cover to the spark plug. ( about 4-6 inches, can't remember):_wrench:

JoFotoz
06/28/2008, 07:55 PM
I agree....

:_wrench:Those orange things are individual coil packs:_wrench:

as per....

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/Gifts-6-Orangese.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=11610)

All good now...:confused:

jo

Ascinder
06/28/2008, 08:24 PM
More importantly, those plugs are buried in the engine and you almost have to use a spark plug socket to get them out. If your toolkit has this socket, it will be seperated from the rest and have a soft rubber part inside to prevent the ceramic part of the plug from being damaged. If your kit doesn't have one, you may want to use a telescoping magnetic retriever to get the plugs in and out.

rowhard
06/29/2008, 07:58 AM
It simple, but you can also cause yourself a heck of alot of heartache and agro if you over torque them. The proper torque for the coil pack is 35 lb in and the spark plug is 13 lb ft. And remember to use a anti-seize grease on the threads. I did the torque in bold type so that you can see the difference. (There is 12 lb in, in 1 lb ft.)

circmand
06/29/2008, 11:00 PM
I guess the best tool here is a checkbook

nfpgasmask
06/30/2008, 09:52 AM
Yeah, the back right plug is a serious WHORE to get at.

:) Bart