PDA

View Full Version : general wheel question

Joe Isuzu
06/25/2008, 08:19 AM
never fiddled with replacing wheels before except going from a space saver to a full size spare in another vehicle
Anyone here know the weight of our chrome wheels? I've never had chrome wheels before and didn't realize they're apparently just steel wheels with a chrome covering (yes, I know, pretty ignorant of me...), I'm used to alloy wheels on cars
regardless, at some point I would like to replace these heavy wheels with something lighter and also not spending mega bucks just on lighter wheels

circmand
06/25/2008, 01:47 PM
but the wheels sure do not seem that heavy to me.

nfpgasmask
06/25/2008, 01:51 PM
The stock 18" rims are pretty heavy. I have 16" ARs now, and they are way lighter, but then again, they are smaller too.

Bart

rowhard
06/25/2008, 03:53 PM
Well, when I shipped the 18's, they weight 37.5 lbs in the box. Now it was a 20 inch wheel box, so I had to add a little more cardboard, but that was the shipping weight

circmand
06/25/2008, 04:05 PM
Incredibly Strong:p

Joe Isuzu
06/25/2008, 04:52 PM
well, ever since i got the dragon i wanted to get black wheels instead of the flashy chrome, i felt it would look better and i wouldn't look like a rap star, the idea of getting wheels that weigh less is appealing as well, in terms of gas mileage, wear and tear as well as grief on my back and arms by messing with these heavy oem wheels