PDA

View Full Version : Hitch Info...

Blythe65
06/25/2003, 08:38 PM
:flower: Thanks for the hitch info everyone - I just bought a vintage '64 camper, looks like an egg with flat sides, and I had assumed I could "tow lightly". I was very disappointed to look in my manual and see the pic of the VX with a trailer, with a big X through it!!!

I asked many of my friends about it, but I should've just come here! Glad I did!

The trailer is only 1400, so based on the postings, she should be able to handle it - I won't be taking it far/or fast... I would like to paint it to match my Foxfire Red Mica, with a flat black center strip - both look pretty spacey, and would compliment eachother!

Spike
06/25/2003, 08:50 PM
64? egg? Did you get an Airstream?

If I ever had the urge to get something like that..
I would definitely want an Airstream...
:)

AnalogVX
06/25/2003, 09:26 PM
I have been checking out Airstreams and they are big dollars. They are supposed feel like you aren't towing anything. They handle really well. The Bambi is only 19 ft, but at 30k new.:eek:

Blythe65
06/26/2003, 06:24 AM
Hey Spike!

Yeah, an egg! ;Dp;

A big silver egg! No it is not an Airstream, this is shaped like a canned ham, on its side, on wheels... Get the picture? It was made here in Michigan, in Ionia (a year before I was born!) It has a furnace, fridge, stovetop, etc...

Way cool though, only cost me 9 bills, and is in great condition, and then I won the lottery for $580, so it is only costing me $320!!!

Can't beat that - egg - HA -

Blythe

Spike
06/26/2003, 06:43 AM
Oh! Okay.. I know exactly what kind you are talking about.

So why did you call it an egg, when it is a canned ham?

I think you are mixing up your breakfast foods ;Db;

Definitely send us pics... before / after etc...

Good luck!

Hey! Why don't you Line-X the lower half of the trailer?