PDA

View Full Version : How often should I drive my VX??

jamessmith
06/25/2008, 02:15 AM
Folks,

Due to back problems, I have been forced to park my pristine dragon.
I am terrified that I will ruin this gem, due too lack of useage. How often should I drive my baby?
I have recently installed a mini-split unit in my garage to keep my baby cool.
At what temperture should I keep the A/C running???
This VX is not for sale, I plan to keep this bad boy forever!

By the way, my baby has only 34k on the clock. She is a showroom condition.

You folks are a dedicated bunch, let's keep this wonderful vehicle alive.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!

THANKS!

circmand
06/25/2008, 05:06 AM
No reason to AC it it but if you are not driving it for awhile take the normal precautions gas stabilizer, protect from rodents, rubber mats under the tires if parked on a concrete floor and disconnect the battery. MAKE SURE YOU RUN THE CAR FOR A LITTLE WHILE AFTER YOU PUT THE STABILIZER IN PREFERABLY BY DRIVING

etlsport
06/25/2008, 05:47 AM
personally i would at least drive it around the block every 7-10 days to make sure nothing starts to deteriorate

WormGod
06/25/2008, 07:01 AM
Its a crime I tell ya. I understand the urge to keep it in good shape, but letting it sit is murder. There must be someone else out there who could take the same kind of care with it yet drive it more often.

Oh, wait.... I do the same thing. :cool: :p

I only drive mine on weekends. Probably 40-80 total miles a week. Gets gassed up once every 3-4 weeks. Garage kept (so no worries about a cover).

Just make sure you get it out every now and then. The most mine has gone without driving is 3 weeks, and it still purred when I first turned it over. :bwgy:

VehiGAZ
06/25/2008, 07:56 AM
No reason to AC it it but if you are not driving it for awhile take the normal precautions gas stabilizer, protect from rodents, rubber mats under the tires if parked on a concrete floor and disconnect the battery. MAKE SURE YOU RUN THE CAR FOR A LITTLE WHILE AFTER YOU PUT THE STABILIZER IN PREFERABLY BY DRIVING

+1 x 10^6

If you've already installed the A/C unit, then just run it on dryer mode (if yours has it - my split systems do) - it'll keep the air dry to prevent mold/mildew, and it will save some money since it runs the compressor far less than A/C mode.

When I finally get a garage, I'm getting one of these (http://www.carcapsule.com/)for the 928!

circmand
06/25/2008, 01:49 PM
:o

blacksambo
06/25/2008, 02:00 PM
The key to vehicle longevity is simply reaching "operating temperture". Whenever you run your VX make sure you at least attain normal operating temperture before you put it away. That will probably take 20-30 minutes, depending on your climate. Anything shorter just invites condensation build-up and corrosion etc. (If you ever decide to sell...never say never...look me up. Thx

jamessmith
06/26/2008, 12:07 AM
Thanks folks, you guys and gals are awesome!!!