PDA

View Full Version : Side Graphic's

rowhard
06/23/2008, 04:43 PM
Think it was last week on the recent photo's of the opening page, there was a members VX with side graphic's. I liked it, wanted to print it to give my local shop some idea's, but of course the photo's have changed and I didn't note the users name. Does someone know who that was?

Ascinder
06/23/2008, 05:02 PM
I think that was coastiecosta if these were the ones you mean:

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/072.JPG

rowhard
06/23/2008, 06:17 PM
No, it wasn't his, something MUCH more subtle

Ldub
06/23/2008, 06:21 PM
I'm pretty sure you'll find what you're looking for in VX Stickers gallery...:smilewink

rowhard
06/23/2008, 07:04 PM
Thanks the one, Thanks LDub,... again

Pepino
06/23/2008, 07:11 PM
i think it was VXstickers the one who put some side decals on his foxfire VX

WormGod
06/24/2008, 06:52 AM
My brother in law is a marketing guru for one of those places that does "full body" decaling on vehicles. He explained to me how they do it and its pretty slick actually. Its not just for fleet vehicles. They do all sorts of vinyls for racing/sponsor and custom work. If I could come up with something that was low profile enough and didnt look like it came from the center isle in Pep Boys, I would consider it.

JoFotoz
06/24/2008, 11:42 AM
Gary...a few of us talked at Moab about a 1/2 wrap for protection from the
infamous Moab trail stripes ( scratches from branches etc).

Can these 'wraps' be self applied?...and what kind of price can your bro in law do
for a wrap going from the top of the cladding to the bottom of the windows?

Maybe in clear...or colored to match the vehicle.

TIA

jo

Thmstec
06/25/2008, 04:43 PM
[Warning possible thread-jack]

Wormgod, if you get to asking your bro in law bout the half wrap, mind asking how much it would be to cover the painted portion of the VX (not the cladding) in matte black? Thanks in advance :)

I've always been a fan of the look
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3023/2570186999_2f9e21bb60.jpg
http://www.nagtroc.org/gallery/albums/uploads/Matte%20GT-R/4118.jpg

WormGod
06/26/2008, 07:05 AM
You will NOT get ANY protection from this stuff. None. It's totally just for looks.

The company beside me has full body vinyls on their fleet PTCruisers and they are miserable looking. Cheap job for one with all the creases and bubbling, so I imagine something like this should be applied by someone who does it a lot.

Still waiting to get another response from him.

Cobrajet
06/26/2008, 09:05 AM
Gary...a few of us talked at Moab about a 1/2 wrap for protection from the infamous Moab trail stripes ( scratches from branches etc).
You will NOT get ANY protection from this stuff. None. It's totally just for looks.How much does a roll of Kaiser Silver duct tape cost? :)

circmand
06/26/2008, 10:57 AM
they put on it new for delivery to dealer. Can you buy this in bulk put a coat on when 4 wheeling and pull it off when done? Thisstuff protects from chips and stones it might help for light scratch protection.:rolleyes:

WormGod
06/27/2008, 08:46 AM
Ya, thats a different sort or material altogether. We would wrap cars up with that stuff when we did 911 widebody deliveries way back in the day. I think it was some sort of vinyl acetate. VERY pricey stuff there.

Talked to my brother in law last night about it. His company will only do it in bulk, not single, one offs. Which means, we would need a lot of folks here to want the exact same design. In other words, our VXs would have to become fleet vehicles, hahaha. So.... not gonna happen, heh.