View Full Version : This'll make you think

johnnyapollo
06/23/2008, 12:21 PM
about what effect your cell phone has on your brain:
http://www.koreus.com/video/telephone-portable-mais-popcorn.html

-- John

Triathlete
06/23/2008, 12:25 PM
Hmmm, going to have to try that next time I want some popcorn and the microwave is broke:cool:

circmand
06/23/2008, 12:30 PM
Even if cells phones could do this it would not be this fast. Even a microwave takes 3-4minutes to start popping. If this were true the phone would melt becuase if you will notice the top of the phone is no different than the body. Therefore this heat would be coming out all over the phone and burn anything in 10 seconds

tomdietrying
06/23/2008, 01:16 PM
Are you up for the challenge?

Alright, I'm commissioning someone to do this with friends, preferably at a bar. Report your findings ASAP.
Peace.
Tom

Dare2Dream
06/23/2008, 01:19 PM
While this video itself may not be authentic, we are oblivious to quite an extent on the effect of constant exposure to radio waves, especially with the source that close to a person for long periods of time. While the affects may not be 'direct', who knows what kind of triggers can cause some cells to go haywire and end up as cancer. It is a known fact that brain cancer level are the highest today than ever before.

MashyMan
06/23/2008, 01:45 PM
it's fake...

http://www.cardosystems.com/pop/

They probably took the magnetron out of a microwave and put it under the table and focused it's energy on the center of the table

mdwyer
06/23/2008, 05:21 PM
While this video itself may not be authentic, we are oblivious to quite an extent on the effect of constant exposure to radio waves, especially with the source that close to a person for long periods of time. While the affects may not be 'direct', who knows what kind of triggers can cause some cells to go haywire and end up as cancer. It is a known fact that brain cancer level are the highest today than ever before.

We know quite well what radios waves cause. Radio waves cause heating. Your phone maxes out at three watts, and most modern digital phones not only top at at under a watt, but in the case of GSM phones, they're only actually transmitting for 1/20 of the time. You're gonna cook exactly nothing with that much power.

There are 43,800 brain tumours a year in the USA. For comparison, there were 42,884 traffic fatalities in 2003.

You give up your car, and I'll give up my cell phone. Deal?

:mad:

Ldub
06/23/2008, 05:47 PM
:cool: Voice of reason *ON*...

All Y'all young'uns just ain't got enough to worry about now-a-days...:rolleyesg

Or maybe ya worry too much...about getting the latest coolest comm device, or iffin' ya can text as fast as Jimmy down the street, or iffin' what little brains ya got, is gonna git scambled by yer fancy Dan cel phon thing-a-ma-whatzit...:sighwgray

Why, back in my day...oh crap, what was my point agin?:razzgray:

Well anyway, Yer old unca dub got no use for a cellcom thingy, & if the truth was boiled down to raw fact, about 80% of the current users don't neither.

As my ol' pappy used to tell me..."If it's important, they'll call back"...:smilewink

TUNE IN, TURN ON & DROP OUT...ain't none of this gonna matter in 50-100 years.:naughty:

:cool: Voice of reason *OFF*