PDA

View Full Version : Another Cladding Treatment Product (maybe)?

E-ZooZoo One
06/18/2008, 08:50 AM
Has anyone ever tried (or even heard of) this stuff:

http://www.urethanesupply.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=URE&Product_Code=3400&Category_Code

???

(from website)

http://www.urethanesupply.com/store/3400.main.jpg

When you wax your car, the paint looks great. But the trim around the windows is caked with wax residue that won't come off no matter how much you scrub. You thought by waxing your car, it would look better, but the ugly wax buildup on the rubber trim makes you wonder if it was worth it. Bumper and Trim Black permanently recolors and protects all black plastic, vinyl, and rubber surfaces. Armor All has is great for protecting, but it does nothing to hide ugly wax buildup on your trim. That's when you need to harness the power of Bumper and Trim Black. Bumper and Trim Black is a polymer-based dye. Not silicone based. It's totally safe. Another problem with those silicone-based, greasy plastic protectants it the way they attract the dust. That stuff is like a dust magnet. But, because Bumper and Trim Black dries completely, it won't attract dust. Bumper and Trim Black will not wash off. Even after 50 car washes, it still looks great. It's easy to apply.

I'm really not sure how I ran across it...
I was doing a search on a totally different subject, and then suddenly, there it was.

Thoughts & Opinions WELCOME!

IndianaVX
06/18/2008, 11:27 AM
zoo zoo,
it seems like i may have seen that somewhere here before....seem to remember that lable, the black and yellow. i may be wrong.
from the description, it sounds like an almost "paint". that seems like it would be hard to wipe on consistantly on something big, like our cladding. but not so hard on a thin rubber strip or something...again, i could be wrong...awaiting others in put....i still like the meguires!
so to answer your question, no and i think.....:)

david
IndianaVX

don moore
06/18/2008, 10:20 PM
it looks like a bottle of boot dye with a yellow lable

Zorak
06/19/2008, 03:34 AM
This stuff appears to be similar

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FOREVER-BLACK-Bumper-Trim-Kit-Fender-Flare-Molding-Dye_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ50450QQihZ009QQitem Z190229589011QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

and somebody here had a not so great:( experience with this type product

circmand
06/19/2008, 07:36 AM
Those things are smaller than 1 inch spuare. I would hate to think how long and how blotchy it would be trying to do all the cladding on a VX:(

disasterlady
12/11/2008, 08:11 PM
I have been playing with this stuff in the areas that you don't see well.... it takes quite a few coats and it did come out great on my dash and the outside roof joke-of-a-rack and mirror housing. I contacted the manufacturer and inventor who gave me his ceollphone # and some hints. I got t-boned by somebody running a redlight in 2007, took 8 months before I got a new door and the plastic panels of course don't match the old ones so I am giving this a try. There was a horrible amount of silicon buildup ( Armor all turns white after it bakes in the sun over the years ), have done tons of hours of scrubbing with Dawn dish detergent and got most of it off. The guy says that you can remove the FB if you don't like it later by using paint thinner BUT he cannot be responsible for what it might do to the panels as he isn't sure what they are made of. I tried a spot in the trunk area and the paint thinner dulled and streaked the plastic, almost like it was eating it away. I have been too busy with more important things to go back to where i was, but I plan on doing all of the plastic panels with the FB. The guy also sent me a large applicator like the one that they provide with the Tire Gel, and he sent an extra bottle of the stuff when I told him that I was going to report my results on this forum... nice guy anyway. I will let you all know how it turns out WHEN I get around to it. I am hopeful. oh and the tire gel stuff works pretty good too.
God is good, Julie

Ldub
12/11/2008, 08:24 PM
I have been playing with this stuff in the areas that you don't see well.... it takes quite a few coats and it did come out great on my dash and the outside roof joke-of-a-rack and mirror housing. I contacted the manufacturer and inventor who gave me his ceollphone # and some hints. I got t-boned by somebody running a redlight in 2007, took 8 months before I got a new door and the plastic panels of course don't match the old ones so I am giving this a try. There was a horrible amount of silicon buildup ( Armor all turns white after it bakes in the sun over the years ), have done tons of hours of scrubbing with Dawn dish detergent and got most of it off. The guy says that you can remove the FB if you don't like it later by using paint thinner BUT he cannot be responsible for what it might do to the panels as he isn't sure what they are made of. I tried a spot in the trunk area and the paint thinner dulled and streaked the plastic, almost like it was eating it away. I have been too busy with more important things to go back to where i was, but I plan on doing all of the plastic panels with the FB. The guy also sent me a large applicator like the one that they provide with the Tire Gel, and he sent an extra bottle of the stuff when I told him that I was going to report my results on this forum... nice guy anyway. I will let you all know how it turns out WHEN I get around to it. I am hopeful. oh and the tire gel stuff works pretty good too.
God is good, Julie

OK Julie, I'm all down witcha' until the sig...

If God is good, why the disasterlady user name?...:smilewink

No, I'm not a devil worshiper(though those who don't know me, may disagree)...:rolleyesg Just a smarta$$ from Fargo...:rotate:

disasterlady
12/11/2008, 09:34 PM
I work in disaster relief... when I work. Almost was killed in Mississippi during the Katrina Disaster when a car got sideswiped and flew into my path from the other side of the freeway, they died, I lived, but with many major injuries, so I am still on Workers Comp trying to get better.

God is good because I was back driving my vcross within 3 months... I'm not much for wheelchairs. ;p Most people can't tell anything is wrong by looking at me. I probably won't ever be able to jog again, but hey, life on earth is short and I know that there is a fantastic eternity next ( ANOTHER LONG STORY ) so it's cool. Hey and at least I was in a rental car that got totaled and not my baby, although in 2007, I got T-boned on the passenger side as I stated.

thanks for asking... and Merry Christmas to ya.
Julie

VX crazy
12/12/2008, 05:04 AM
I work in disaster relief... when I work. Almost was killed in Mississippi during the Katrina Disaster when a car got sideswiped and flew into my path from the other side of the freeway, they died, I lived, but with many major injuries, so I am still on Workers Comp trying to get better.

God is good because I was back driving my vcross within 3 months... I'm not much for wheelchairs. ;p Most people can't tell anything is wrong by looking at me. I probably won't ever be able to jog again, but hey, life on earth is short and I know that there is a fantastic eternity next ( ANOTHER LONG STORY ) so it's cool. Hey and at least I was in a rental car that got totaled and not my baby, although in 2007, I got T-boned on the passenger side as I stated.

Julie

Wow Julie! How aweful, I am so sorry! You have an awesome outlook! We all have to remember that how ever bad we think we have it, there is always someone worse off! Just when I was feeling like a pansy crybaby with my little stuff, I really am thankful I can walk and am not disfigured.

Ldub
12/12/2008, 05:33 AM

Julie

Thanks for the story behind the name...I always wondered if it had to do with natural disaster, or a life full of "I love Lucy" moments.

Merry Christmas to YOU!...glad you're still with us!

VehiGAZ
12/12/2008, 06:52 AM
Julie, search for "Refinish Restorer" - it seems to be a hands-down winner for restoring the plastic cladding, hood inserts, etc. on the VX.

It's a coating that dries like laquer or varnish, so it works long-term (like 6 months to a year or more). Mine has been on since the summer, and it looks just as fresh and new as the day I put it on.

ISCE
12/12/2008, 07:16 AM
Julie, search for "Refinish Restorer" - it seems to be a hands-down winner for restoring the plastic cladding, hood inserts, etc. on the VX.

It's a coating that dries like laquer or varnish, so it works long-term (like 6 months to a year or more). Mine has been on since the summer, and it looks just as fresh and new as the day I put it on.

Agreed. The refinish restorer has held up WAY beyond my expectations. We've had a lot of rain here lately, some snow and thus salt on the roads, etc. And, it's been a while since I applied it and it still looks awesome. No streaking or fading yet that I can tell.

For me at least the search is over for a cladding product.

Brian Drinks
12/14/2008, 12:25 PM
I found tire wet works on the clading it looks good,after the rain it leaves white streeks.

VCAMILO
12/15/2008, 08:07 AM
Refinish Restorer = :thumbup:

Only one application an it looks almost new again. Three days of rain and it still looks good. I will apply another coat in the next few days. Should be good for MONTHS!

tom4bren
12/15/2008, 02:16 PM
Disasterlady - that's quite a story. I'm glad to hear it all worked out for you.

"Just a smarta$$ from Fargo..."

Dub - we will be quoting you on that:)

Ldub
12/16/2008, 06:58 AM
Disasterlady - that's quite a story. I'm glad to hear it all worked out for you.

"Just a smarta$$ from Fargo..."

Dub - we will be quoting you on that:)

Lol...I assumed that was common knowlege...:smilewink