etlsport
06/12/2008, 02:42 PM
still dont know which one i have but heres the sound clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9khnED3XNkg

Edit.. found out it is a PV2

snowtrooper1966
06/12/2008, 03:08 PM
Wow, that sounds great!
That is coming from someone who used to own a lot of V8 muscle cars!
I got a big grin when you started out of your driveway and turned on the main road!
I definately have to find one of those! Did you do anything else (replave cats, add resonators etc...)
Thanks for the clip!
Best,

etlsport
06/12/2008, 03:10 PM
thanks! coming out of the driveway is actually the sound i didnt like haha.. but coming back up i loved!

snowtrooper1966
06/12/2008, 03:20 PM
Up sounds good too!
Any noticible lower end HP/tourque?
Best,

taylorRichie
06/12/2008, 04:27 PM
Very interesting sound... It'll be interesting to see how it sounds when it breaks in... I don't like the starting out "raspiness" But your driveby's were great sounding.

Did you just have the stock muffler removed, and this installed in it's place with a single outlet in the stock location?

Does anyone know if placing a Y after the PV is bad? If it effects performance etc.?

I'm thinking PV to a Y and dual outlets.

LittleBeast
06/12/2008, 05:09 PM
Supposedly most everyone that has compared the two like the PV1 better than the PV2 for some odd reason. I have no opinion on the matter your video sounds very similar to my PV1 except I would say the PV1 is a much lower rumble at idle and less raspy on the gas and a little tad less loud cruising, but it is hard to tell from the video. Sounds nice though I like the upgrade. I still can't decide if I want to keep the PV1 on or try something else. I really want someone in a VX to try this one:

http://www.aeroexhaust.com/car_muffler_2525xl.html

Solitude
06/12/2008, 07:03 PM
I just let my wife hear that... and she is driving it more since the other vehicle has a Hemi.. all she did was shake her head.. so.. back to the drawing board..
I would love to hear that cherry bomb vortex..

THAT PV2 is EXTREME.. dude I got neighbors that would absolutely hate Me in the middle of the night.. and I havent coasted into my driveway in so long.. I can't remember how

Greasemonkey
06/12/2008, 10:23 PM
Hi i have to say it sounds all noise and no go !! i am very happy with the low growl i get from mine - it says power and plenty of go - the higher pitched noises make it sound like a boy racer with a little engine but big muffler
cheers
Steve

etlsport
06/12/2008, 10:29 PM
Very interesting sound... It'll be interesting to see how it sounds when it breaks in... I don't like the starting out "raspiness" But your driveby's were great sounding.

Did you just have the stock muffler removed, and this installed in it's place with a single outlet in the stock location?

Does anyone know if placing a Y after the PV is bad? If it effects performance etc.?

I'm thinking PV to a Y and dual outlets.

im with u 100% hoping for it to mellow over time.. but i do like it overall

yea stock muffler was cut out, pipe was stepped up to 2.5" where the PV was welded in, then about 5-6" of pipe was welded in after the PV then to the stock exhaust tip (which will change when i get some more $$)

etlsport
06/12/2008, 10:31 PM
Hi i have to say it sounds all noise and no go !! i am very happy with the low growl i get from mine - it says power and plenty of go - the higher pitched noises make it sound like a boy racer with a little engine but big muffler
cheers
Steve

:_confused i know my VX has plenty of get up and go.. and the muffler adds a good deal of power, at a full takeoff on dry pavement, my TOD kicks in to 2 bars, once kicked up to 3 bars.. never did that before under acceleration except in slippery conditions.. the sound definitely isnt very high pitched.. but when it does get high and "cracks" i agree i dont like, and a resonator/time will calm that

etlsport
06/14/2008, 05:31 PM
update...

already starting to lose the raspiness;Db;.. ill post another clip after a week or so

also resetting the computer tonight, maybe ill see more power gains

snowtrooper1966
06/14/2008, 05:59 PM
Hey,
What will resetting the computer do? Is that just a battery disconnect sequence?
Best,

etlsport
06/14/2008, 06:05 PM
yeppers, just disconnecting for 30 minutes.. computer gets set in its ways after awhile.. better airflow + same amount of gas = regular power... better airflow+ more gas = VRRROOOOOOMM SCREEEEEEECCCCHHHHHHH VRROOOOOOM

snowtrooper1966
06/14/2008, 06:14 PM
Nice!
So the suggestion is any time the fuel or air mixture changes due to upgrades that it might be beneficial to reset the brain?

etlsport
06/14/2008, 06:17 PM
you got it.. any significant changes to your vx you should do it.. intake.. exhaust.. with bigger tires, it will help change your shift points.. basically anything that changes about your vx.. resetting the computer is going allow your computer to get used to the changes

snowtrooper1966
06/14/2008, 06:19 PM
Nice!
Thanks for the info!
Best,

taylorRichie
06/16/2008, 10:24 PM
How about a new sound clip :) You say it's "toned" down a bit?

Unfortunately mine won't ship until tomorrow... So I'm hoping for a Thurs/Fri delivery.

snowtrooper1966
06/17/2008, 02:06 PM
Hey Richie!
What muffler did you wind up with?
Best,

taylorRichie
06/17/2008, 04:20 PM
PV2 :D

Should have had it over the weekend, but didn't work out.. I believe it was shipped today USPS, so should have it within a few days.

I'll have it installed just like etl' for now... Since I can't decide on configuration for exhaust exits.

etlsport
06/17/2008, 08:10 PM
ill put a sound clip up thurs or friday.. thats my weekend this week

etlsport
07/25/2008, 02:30 PM
new sound clip.. 6 weeks after install.. sorry about the delay!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FX3A4Wc8QQ

snowtrooper1966
07/25/2008, 03:17 PM
Thanks!
Sounds really good! I will be installing mine next week!
Did you get the PC "cut in" or did you get the exhaust redone all the way back from the PV?
IIRC, you also have a cone filter?
Best,

etlsport
07/25/2008, 08:59 PM
just had the stock muffler cut down, the PV added in with about 3" of pipe added towards the rear of the vehicle since the PV is considerably smaller than the stock muffler

I have a green performance drop in filter and have removed the stock intake elbow

snowtrooper1966
07/25/2008, 10:14 PM
Cool, thanks. How much did they charge for the PV install?

etlsport
07/26/2008, 06:21 AM
Cool, thanks. How much did they charge for the PV install?

snowtrooper1966
07/26/2008, 04:49 PM
Damn, my guys were talkin 110 range and up to 40 more if I wanted to cut in a new tip, since mine is so corroded.
Living in a small town blows sometimes, there is just one shop, so I can't get a better price:(

etlsport
02/15/2009, 07:13 PM
10,000 mile update! new soundclip, just interior, ill work on an exterior one sometime soon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l25ji2YiRCA&feature=channel_page

pbkid
02/15/2009, 07:33 PM
10,000 mile update! new soundclip, just interior, ill work on an exterior one sometime soon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l25ji2YiRCA&feature=channel_page

thats funny, i just watched that...and my gf is on the other side of the couch...she was like "is that your vehicross?" i was like "nope, one with the same exhaust as mine though".....shes learning well ;)

how the hell is yours so damn fast?? my VX definately doesnt take off that fast...

etlsport
02/15/2009, 07:38 PM
:_confused i dunno lol.. all synthetic oils in trans and diff, i was running 93 octane.. pv2 and green performance air filter also factory tires might help.. the first takeoff was slightly downhill... i have noticed my vx loves to get the RPMs up really quick.. actually redlined the other day and the trans skipped around and backed the rpms back down to like 5500 before it would shift

oh Ldub.. do you think that the exhaust insert you used would take some of the high pitch out of the exhaust note?

pbkid
02/15/2009, 07:53 PM
oh ok...i thought that was on flat ground...i was like #$^% my VX needs a tune up or something...

im actually gonna make a silencer for PV2, just for when im driving around town here, the cops have been hassling me alot....already got a $140 ticket for it...

snowtrooper1966
02/15/2009, 11:08 PM
Hey etlsport,
Sure does'nt SOUND like your check engine light should be on ;)

pbkid
02/15/2009, 11:26 PM
definately doenst look like your doing 35 MPH either...:eek:

etlsport
02/16/2009, 06:32 AM
Hey etlsport,
Sure does'nt SOUND like your check engine light should be on ;)

lol thats cause its not... its the power mode light.. then the light that flashes around 5500 rpms is the battery voltage light.. my high output alternator sets that light off when its cranking at full power..haha kinda looks like a shift light

snowtrooper1966
02/16/2009, 07:53 AM
OK then,
I'll just sit here and enjoy my steaming hot cup of "shut the hell up"...;)
You'd think by now I would be able to tell the difference betwixt the Power Mode and Check Engine lights ;)
Best,

etlsport
02/16/2009, 08:29 AM
heh youtube video quality isnt known for being the best... i did have a CEL a couple weeks ago.. but thats long gone (EGR code)

snowtrooper1966
02/16/2009, 08:46 AM
heh youtube video quality isnt known for being the best... i did have a CEL a couple weeks ago.. but thats long gone (EGR code)

Thanks for understanding, even while I was jabbing you in the ribs ;)
Now back to my steaming cup 'O shame...