PDA

View Full Version : look what I found in my mailbox

etlsport
06/08/2008, 02:23 PM
checked my mail today (to get yesterdays mail) and i found this stuffed in my mailbox.... who woulda thought you could fit a muffler in a standard sized mailbox..

a brand spanking new powervault!;Db; can't wait to get it installed thanks James!

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/PV_034.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=11454)

snowtrooper1966
06/08/2008, 04:22 PM
Vroom!
How much did that set you back? Is it a stock replacement, or require mods?
Best,
(the "other" James),

etlsport
06/08/2008, 06:08 PM
pretty much stock replacement.. they were made specifically for the vx, Anita's vx was the prototype many years ago, then after the first set of orders a second was made thats a little louder.. but otherwise the same.. iirc they are supposed to give buku power upgrades (for a muffler anyway.. i seem to remember 8hp on the dyno, but could be wrong) anyway they stopped making them like 2-3 years ago..

about 9 months ago i drove out to test drive a vx for sale in northern pa for a guy who lived in texas. i drove it, talked with the owner (James) for awhile, he mentioned that he had purchased a powervault a few years ago and never installed it. sadly the pv was mia in his garage.. but was found like 2 weeks ago.. then it started its journey to me and arrived yesterday... for the cost of... gas to drive up there (when gas was still under $3 iirc) and then like $11 in shipping to get it here :dance::dance::dance:

EDIT
Just did some searching.. turns out the PV was dyno tested and showed 15-17hp gains at the wheels! i think i just peed a little..

snowtrooper1966
06/08/2008, 06:12 PM
So I need to search for a powervault?
Thanks for the info. Sounds like you got hooked up for this one. I am sure I could expect to pay alot if I could find one.
Best,

etlsport
06/08/2008, 06:14 PM
yeah, there was one on ebay a week or two ago.. nos.. i think the buy it now was 250

snowtrooper1966
06/08/2008, 06:25 PM
15 hp gain for a few bucks is worth a little pee, I think;)
Well done!
Now if I can find one without getting scalped....
Best,

WormGod
06/09/2008, 07:22 AM
AH, I loves my PV1. Didnt drive her at all this weekend cause I had to work (ya ya, the Rex gets better mileage.... you do the math). But, last night when I got home, I moved the VX back into the driveway (building desk furniture in the garage so she has to brave the sun for a while). Ah, I missed that PV1 rumble all week long. I love to start her up with the door open just to hear that initial growl. A few taps on the gas just to get my fix and pulled her up and shut her off. The smile left my face. The Borla Hush on my Rex simply does not even come close, heh.

PV1 FTW!

etlsport
06/09/2008, 08:12 AM
im not sure if this is the pv1 or pv2.... PV is etched on it 2.5" in and out w/ a flow arrow on it.. there were two powervault proven performance stickers in the box with it.. looks like it originally shipped from CA but couldnt find a date.. James said he wasnt sure which, originally thought it was the PV1.. then second guessed and thought maybe PV2

Solitude
06/09/2008, 04:59 PM
im not sure if this is the pv1 or pv2.... PV is etched on it 2.5" in and out w/ a flow arrow on it.. there were two powervault proven performance stickers in the box with it.. looks like it originally shipped from CA but couldnt find a date.. James said he wasnt sure which, originally thought it was the PV1.. then second guessed and thought maybe PV2

This is a powervault 2 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=200227089344&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=010

I won it but the reserve wasn't met and never got a second chance :(

Hope it comes back

Jeff

taylorRichie
06/10/2008, 06:33 PM
Anyone have a sound byte of a PV1 or PV2??

They're an interesting muffler for sure.

etlsport
06/10/2008, 06:35 PM
i had planned on taking a few.. one today or tomorrow before the installation.. one the day after the installation.. then after a few hundred miles.. maybe another after a month or two.. to compare the break in period.. so if ya give me like a week or two ill have some

etlsport
06/12/2008, 01:11 PM
here it is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9khnED3XNkg

got the PV installed today.. I'm pretty happy with the sound.. I am hoping the volume goes down a bit over time which i've been told it will (muffler is brand spanking new)

Cobrajet
06/12/2008, 04:48 PM
Wow, that is loud. I've had my PV1 catback for 100K miles, and it was never that loud. The PV1 catback came with a resonator installed in the tip, which made it raspy revving in neutral, but made it whistle under accelleration. We called it the "wheezinator", and most everybody pulled them out immediately. You heard my PV1 during our Shenandoah outing, and it wasn't too loud. At least nobody said anything about it...