PDA

View Full Version : Red Rock Go Bye-Bye???

Ldub
06/02/2008, 06:15 PM
:sighwgray

I posted this in the Moab 2009 thread, but thought I could reach a broader audience with this title...and NO, it's not a "trick" B-D thread title...:rotate:

I just tentatively booked party central (112) & while making the reservation, the clerk informed me that they MAY no longer be there in 09.
Seems the place is being leveled to make room for a higher den$ity complex, but he didn't know for sure WHEN that was to take place.
I'm not saying that having a rather large block of rooms reserved by a bunch of VX psychos would sway their decision one way or the other...but it couldn't hurt!:smilewink
And, if worse came to worse, you could cancell your resi a month or so before Moab 09'.

JoFotoz
06/02/2008, 06:57 PM
Yup...just did the same.

May 11th through 16th.......I'll be :snooz: ing in room 111.

( all ladies unmentionables to be deposited in room 112...:eek: )

We better get Craiger to object to all new Red Rock planning applications :p

Time for a :_beer: .....

jo

crager34
06/04/2008, 07:48 AM
I can get pretty verbose about things, so I will keep an eye on it and get involved.

Otherwise, people can just camp in my back yard. I have a hose, for showers and my dogs can keep you company... they would love it actually. OH.. I will make sure to turn the auto sprinklers off, unless people are to lazy to turn the hose on themselves. :smilewink

nfpgasmask
06/04/2008, 08:42 AM
Wow, this thread scared me. For a split second, I was thinking "Red Rock Country" go bye-bye, like there was some ginormous environmentalist smack-down that won in Moab. Leave it to me to think of the absolute worst possible scenario! :rolleyes:

Whew...

Bart

tom4bren
06/04/2008, 10:09 AM
"Leave it to me to think of the absolute worst possible scenario!"

We do!!!

Ldub
11/14/2008, 12:56 PM
Ah-OOM-bumpa-OOM-bumpa-OOM-bumpa-MAo-MAo...:rotate:

Just thought I'd bump this TTT in case any y'all hadn't heard the good news.

Jo (fotoz) has been in touch with the fine peeps at the RR, and it looks as if they'll be open for biz in May, & no doubt awaiting our most triumphant return...:dance:

The sooner you book your room, the closer you'll be to "Ground Zero"...:_beer:..:bomb:..:nuke:..:bomb:..:_beer: (Also known as room #111/112...party central):naughty:

Jo has wangled a 15% discount if you make mention of the "VX calendar" discount...:thumbup:

Scott Harness
11/14/2008, 04:23 PM
Excellent!!! 108 here I come:cool:

JoFotoz
11/14/2008, 07:07 PM
LOLOLOL....108!!

Excellent!!! 108 here I come:cool:
Now there's a man that experienced 111 & 112 last year...

...he's smart....and going for the 3 room quarantine zone!...:eek:

BUT MORE IMPORTANT...Dub is 100% correct about the discount!

They have an advert in the Pin Up calendar....and will give 15% DISCOUNT to all VX info members that mention (BUY!) it!

I told them the calendar was a tad sexy ( hey it's Utah!)...
They laughed , and said Hey , we are home base for the hells Angels...and we've seen it ALL!

Support them...they helped get the Pin Up calendar & postage down in price!

jo

Ldub
11/14/2008, 08:17 PM
LOLOLOL....108!!

Now there's a man that experienced 111 & 112 last year...

...he's smart....and going for the 3 room quarantine zone!...:eek:

They laughed , and said Hey , we are home base for the hells Angels...and we've seen it ALL!

jo

LOL...that Scott is a right smart fellah...:thumbup:

When they mentioed Hells Angels, I wonder if they meant US, or the "other" Hells Angels...:smilewink

Triathlete
11/14/2008, 09:48 PM
And for all us poor folk...we'll be camping by the moonlight at another great place! Portal campground!:cool:

P.S. My VX is on its way to becoming more crash-proof!

Ldub
11/14/2008, 10:17 PM
And for all us poor folk...we'll be camping by the moonlight at another great place! Portal campground!:cool:

P.S. My VX is on its way to becoming more crash-proof!

LOL...You know us "Red Rockers" don't discriminate Billy.:cool:

You're always welcome to come & hang out on the stoop...:thumbup:

Can't wait to see some PICS!

Ldub
11/16/2008, 02:44 PM
They have an advert in the Pin Up calendar....and will give 15% DISCOUNT to all VX info members that mention (BUY!) it!

jo

Consider it Bumped...:rolleyesg

Scott Harness
11/16/2008, 03:36 PM
I think I was in #108 last year. No need for a buffer zone. I need to be where the action is, Ldub and JoFotoz vicinity:supercool

taylorRichie
11/17/2008, 06:39 PM
Hmmm... Do I dare? I'm at a very impressionable age... Buffer zone might be required until I grow up.

The peer pressure was in full effect last year... And I need my sleep. ;)

Ldub
11/18/2008, 10:56 AM
Hmmm... Do I dare? I'm at a very impressionable age... Buffer zone might be required until I grow up.

The peer pressure was in full effect last year... And I need my sleep. ;)

I figure some of you "youngn's" should prolly stay at least 2-3 blocks away to be on the safe side...until you're at least thirty.:smilewink

I'd hate to think that I was a bad example or anything like that...:naughty:

Scott Harness
11/18/2008, 01:39 PM
Got my room!!!:cool:

Ldub
11/18/2008, 03:57 PM
Got my room!!!:cool:

:dance:...WOOT !...:dance:

Scott Harness
11/18/2008, 06:24 PM
:dance:...WOOT !...:dance:

X infinity:supercool can't wait!

Ldub
12/04/2008, 10:44 AM
Nuther BUMP whattya waitin' 4...:smilewink

You KNOW you wanna!:dance:

Triathlete
12/04/2008, 12:27 PM
LDub...I think you should seek a job position in gorilla marketing (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guerrilla_marketing)! It would be right up your alley!:rotate:

However at this pace I predict record amounts of VX's in Moab for '09. Surely, no one will want to miss out on this!:thumbup:

Ldub
12/10/2008, 07:42 PM
LDub...I think you should seek a job position in gorilla marketing (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guerrilla_marketing)! It would be right up your alley!:rotate:

However at this pace I predict record amounts of VX's in Moab for '09. Surely, no one will want to miss out on this!:thumbup:

Well, not many know this about me, but there was a time in the early 80's, when I shamelessly bulldozed tropical rain forests & sold the orphaned gorillas to the highest bidder...:naughty:
Decidedly, not "true north" on my moral compass, but hey, everyone was doing it at the time, & it SEEMED like a good idea...:rolleyesg

That was then, I'm all better now, & this, in reality, is a BUMP for the R-R thread...:smilewink

Only 151 days to go...;)