PDA

View Full Version : Help tracing a VX history please...

JoFotoz
05/31/2008, 04:18 PM
Has anyone here ever owned , know who owns/owned , or have any info on....

1999 Ebony VIN# ....0222

TIA

jo

Anita
05/31/2008, 04:37 PM
Does it have Cali plates and sunroof?

JoFotoz
05/31/2008, 04:52 PM
Hi Anita

Does it have Cali plates and sunroof?

Dont know about the sunroof...but yes on the Cali plates.

I'm going to look at it in the morning...:rolleyes:

Here is the info I have:-

The lift is 3" and its an aftermarket complete kit - Springs & shocks. I have the reciept in the file but not with me here. The front windshield & passenger door glass are broke out - Ex. girlfriend???? Allstar glass will install both for $780.00. I'm the 2nd owner The orignal owner is a friend of mine. He bought it new in 99 at Drew isuzu La Mesa Ca. ($46,000) It was featured in 4-wheel drive mag. in 1999 and was in alot of car shows in 99' & 2000. I have a file given to me with the car that has every reciept for every thing ever done to the car along with service records. I myself have not been so good with the records but I have maintained it regulary. The only body damage is a small dent on the front right fender that happened when my ex broke the glass. The car has a lot of cool extras such as - Brand new 305 all terrains, Tow package, K&N filter, Front push bar, lights & skid plate. All carbon fiber interior pannels & dash. Trans Cooler, Smoked lens covers, DVD, Also, my friend who owned the car worked with a baja race team which at the time was racing VX's. The car has jeep warren lockers up front and a bypass switch so you can run it as a two wheel drive on the road. Really Cool! Much better gas mileage and performance with out the full time 4x4! It also got a new motor at 58,000 miles done by the dealer under warranty. (Have all reciepts)the original motor lost oil pressure and died.

jo

kpaske
05/31/2008, 09:00 PM
I'd be very skeptical if he's claiming it was bought new in 1999 for $46,000... MSRP was $32,000. Maybe it's just bad information, but it sounds a little fishy to me, which would make me start to question other claims. :confused:

cyronman
05/31/2008, 09:17 PM
I'd be very skeptical if he's claiming it was bought new in 1999 for $46,000... MSRP was $32,000. Maybe it's just bad information, but it sounds a little fishy to me, which would make me start to question other claims. :confused:

Yeah, remember Jo, I said something about that right away too.

what time are you going? If you got room for me give me a call--I'll be up early helping some friends with the R&R Marathon anyway.

Triathlete
05/31/2008, 11:43 PM
"Jeep warren lockers"??????:_thinking Huh?????

JoFotoz
06/01/2008, 11:01 AM
Yea...the $46,000 price was the first thing I questioned him about when we talked on the phone.

He says that was the "all up " price with mods etc.

As for the "Jeep Warren lockers "...I'm :confused: too!

We will see....sitting here as I type waiting to confirm a meeting with him at noon.

jo

Ldub
06/01/2008, 11:14 AM
As for the "Jeep Warren lockers "...I'm :confused: too!

jo

It would be my guess that he means "Warn locking front hubs" like on a Jeep.

JoFotoz
06/02/2008, 04:12 PM
Thanks for all the input....

Went to see it yesterday...its been ridden hard and put away wet...MANY TIMES.

The $46000 is claimed all up cost with mods when purchased new.
The front hubs are Super Winch locking hubs...yea , like warns.
It has a TOD cut off unit .
New Engine at 60,000...mileage now 139,000

Once upon a time this was a very nice VX.....:mad:

Made him an offer today that would be OK for parts value (No Rack!!)...
.....and good for a "project VX" if engine / tranny etc turn out to be OK.

(Sent him a few examples of $3500-$5000 cars THAT WORK ... to help persuade him :p)

jo