PDA

View Full Version : Iniana Jones

Knivx
05/23/2008, 02:01 PM
Let me be the first to say that this movie rocked! If you haven't seen it yet then get off your computers and go see it! Those who have seen it, what do ya think? I also thought of an interesting question. What would Indy drive? That is if he were in our time. Jeep? Not big enough I think. Land Rover? Not american.... Which would rule out the VX too. Plus the VX is more sporty and not utility enough. I would bet on a fully prepped expedition style fullsize truck. Anyone have thoughts on that as well?

cyronman
05/23/2008, 03:02 PM
I will probably go to see this with friends this weekend. But sadly, I don't have high hopes for it. I already saw some flaws in the SE from the trailer (call me picky) and expect the story to be 'too much'. But we'll see...maybe I'll be impressed.

kodiak
05/23/2008, 04:09 PM
I saw it Wednesday night, It was quite the rollercoaster ride. Go see it you won’t be disappointed. I’d say its better then temple but not as good as crusade.:rolleyes:

Ascinder
05/23/2008, 08:30 PM
I was a little disappointed. I love the Indiana Jones movies, especially their bits of quirky comedy and slightly cheesy moments, but this movie crossed the line for me on several occasions. As wth the newer Star wars trilogy, I think Lucas sold out some of the purity of the genres for the sake of a few cheap laughs and a stab at being more kid/family oriented. I give it a "meh" rating when compared to the first three.

VCross007
05/23/2008, 10:22 PM
I saw the movie wednesday night and I thought it was well done. It felt like an indiana jones movie. there were a few parts, such as surviving a nucular blast, the having a son bit- i think lucas kind of borrowed that from superman returns, and then the flying saucer taking off at the end reminded me of the xfiles movie a few years back if anyone can remember. The only thing that bugged me was that they used the same kid from transformers. I give the movie two thumbs up, I wonder if they'll make another

kodiak
05/23/2008, 10:29 PM
I saw the movie wednesday night and I thought it was well done. It felt like an indiana jones movie. there were a few parts, such as surviving a nucular blast, the having a son bit- i think lucas kind of borrowed that from superman returns, and then the flying saucer taking off at the end reminded me of the xfiles movie a few years back if anyone can remember. The only thing that bugged me was that they used the same kid from transformers. I give the movie two thumbs up, I wonder if they'll make another

Well at least you didn’t mention any spoilers. :rolleyes:

Joe Isuzu
05/24/2008, 06:04 AM
good call Kodiak, now that my family has grown x2, don't know when I'll have a chance to see the movie, I'm not super encouraged by some of the comments already though, kinda like the Star Wars movies, it's nice but maybe not in the same mold as the prior movies

cyronman
05/24/2008, 07:03 AM
I was a little disappointed. I love the Indiana Jones movies, especially their bits of quirky comedy and slightly cheesy moments, but this movie crossed the line for me on several occasions. As wth the newer Star wars trilogy, I think Lucas sold out some of the purity of the genres for the sake of a few cheap laughs and a stab at being more kid/family oriented. I give it a "meh" rating when compared to the first three.

See, that's what I'm afraid of.

kodiak
05/24/2008, 11:18 AM
I have a tendency to forgive a certain amount of cheese in a summer blockbusters, but then you see an excellent movie like Ironman then my cheese tolerance lowers.

What I’m trying to say is forgive the cheese!:homer: