PDA

View Full Version : Holiday weekend

tom4bren
05/22/2008, 09:24 AM
What's everyone doing for the long weekend?

Wifey & I are taking the kids to Gettysburg for the weekend to do the ghostie & historical thingy. Leaving tomorrow & cutting out early today so this is probably my last post till next Tuesday. Hope everyone has a happy & safe weekend.

kodiak
05/22/2008, 09:32 AM
I have family coming in from Corpus Christi TX. I’ll be showing them the wander that is Utah. In a way you can only do in a Vehicross.:p

nfpgasmask
05/22/2008, 09:56 AM
It all depends on the weather. I really want to camp this Sunday night out by the Petroglyphs east of Reno, but it might be rainy. :(

Bart

Triathlete
05/22/2008, 12:13 PM
Swimming, then riding, then running:) then I have to go to work:mad: But it's double time and a half:) but then I lose it because I have to call in sick the following friday:( but that is so I can go to Show Low where it will be much cooler so that I can swim, then bike, then run some more:)

etlsport
05/22/2008, 12:22 PM
moving! dont know how many remember my neighborhood troubles.. finally have the means to get out! getting away from the city.. nicer house, 1.5 acres.. a driveway to work on the vx.. a proper workshop for my tools.. im PUMPED except i dont want to do the actual moving haha oh well itll be worth it in the end, no more looking over my shoulder walking to the mailbox!:dance:

tomdietrying
05/22/2008, 12:23 PM
I'll be taking the family camping to one of the state parks here in Texas.
Peace.
Tom

JHarris1385
05/22/2008, 02:38 PM
Friday - Meeting with wedding photographer
Saturday - Bacholer party (starting the day off at noon with paint-ball, then off to the rest!)
Sunday - My best man's college graduation party
Monday - Home shopping
TUESDAY - I have spinal cord leakage from my cervical injections that is leaking spinal cord fluid into my head and lower back. I have to get a blood patch and a load of other work done.

What a great way to end a busy weekend.

Mark B
05/22/2008, 03:28 PM
I will be working all weekend and Memorial Day. Weekends and holidays are my busy time.
I manage resorts on the beach.
So I guess I can say that I will be at the beach all weekend.

CrnCnn
05/22/2008, 05:53 PM
It all depends on the weather. I really want to camp this Sunday night out by the Petroglyphs east of Reno, but it might be rainy. :(

Bart

Yeah hopefully it clears up

snowtrooper1966
05/22/2008, 09:54 PM
Greetings!
I am taking my extra day off next weekend. My daughter & I will be attending the Iron Maiden show in Irvine on Friday the 30th for her 20th birthday present.
I managed to score 1st row center section seats with backstage passes, so she is pretty stoked. She is by no means as much a fan as me, but has learned an appreciation thru osmosis.
Best,
James

johnnyapollo
05/23/2008, 05:09 AM
I'm planning to stay home and work on my basement shop build. I'm almost finished - I'm thinking about epoxying the floor this weekend. I also bought an old 30's Boise Crane wood lathe that I'm picking up on Saturday. So the weekend is pretty much filled with projects.

-- John

WormGod
05/23/2008, 08:14 AM
30k maintenance on the Rex and taking the pooch to the vet for her 2 year exam. Other than that, probably just lots of yard work and sleep. It's really just another weekend for me I guess.

nfpgasmask
05/23/2008, 08:58 AM
Greetings!
I am taking my extra day off next weekend. My daughter & I will be attending the Iron Maiden show in Irvine on Friday the 30th for her 20th birthday present.
I managed to score 1st row center section seats with backstage passes, so she is pretty stoked. She is by no means as much a fan as me, but has learned an appreciation thru osmosis.
Best,
James

Man, I have never liked their music, but they had some of the coolest posters ever in the 80s.

Bart

snowtrooper1966
05/23/2008, 10:49 AM
Bart, you really crack me up. I literaly chuckled when I saw this ^ reply.

No Rush,
No Maiden,
No Star Wars,
No Michael Bay,
No Silent Running,

It seems the only thing we have in common is black & the VX;)

Best,

fuzzy
05/23/2008, 12:19 PM
No Silent Running? That movie rocked! ;-)

I bet he doesn't like Dark Star either! Killer orange beach balls FTW!

nfpgasmask
05/23/2008, 01:27 PM
Darkstar is good stuff. John Carpenter is THE MAN. And Dan O'bannon is responsible for some of my favorite sci-fi of all time! Silent Running, as I have said before, was a cool idea, but the execution was so drawn out and painful, and it pretty much takes the cake for the worst movie music in cinematic history. I think it is the only movie I have ever had to mute for extended periods of time.

:) Bart

PS - James, I'm sure we can talk movies for HOURS if we ever get that camping trip together.

Ldub
05/23/2008, 02:48 PM
Not to get TOO far back on topic...:rolleyesg

I started the weekend by going in to work late, but made up for it by leaving early.:cool:

Then came home, changed my oil, picked up a phat check from a client, & now I'm going out to give Suzy some suds lovin'. :smilewink (carwash you pervs)

No other "carved in stone" plans, except for cemetery maintence. (freshen up the flowers for the ancestors)

Everyone stay safe & have fun!:thumbup:

cyronman
05/23/2008, 04:05 PM
Greetings!
Best,
James

You're not driving the VX down here are you SNOWTROOP?

snowtrooper1966
05/23/2008, 04:13 PM
Hey, Cy!
Yes, the plan is to drive the gas guzzlin' SNO mobile down.
Are you gonna be in Irvine next weekend?
Best,

cyronman
05/24/2008, 07:10 AM
Hey, Cy!
Yes, the plan is to drive the gas guzzlin' SNO mobile down.
Are you gonna be in Irvine next weekend?
Best,

Well,
Irvine's a mere hour away. I recently tried to round up a Socal bunch and got a 'whopping' 0 replies ! :rolleyes:

PM me your trip itinerary and maybe we can make a small meet happen.

Cy

snowtrooper1966
05/24/2008, 12:51 PM
Hey, Cy!
PM sent. FriDAY or SaturDAY seem most likely for mini meet...
Best,

mdwyer
05/25/2008, 07:13 PM
TUESDAY - I have spinal cord leakage from my cervical injections that is leaking spinal cord fluid into my head and lower back. I have to get a blood patch and a load of other work done.

I've got to do an change the oil and filter on both the 2.5RS and the VX. Somehow that kind of pales in comparison to your fluid changes... :(

Hope things turn out well!

Y33TREKker
05/25/2008, 08:35 PM
I received some last minute tickets to the Indy 500 and went with my younger brother. The crowds and traffic were a freakin' nightmare, so I'm thinking once in a lifetime is the magic number for that experience...unless the next tickets are for something like a skybox. :smilewink

On a brighter note, I did catch a glimpse of a white VX taking a shortcut through the Lafayette Square Mall parking lot at about 5:45 PM in an attempt to get around one of the many post race traffic jams.

Whoever you were, I decided to follow your lead in an attempt to drive around some of the traffic, but wished I had been in my own VX when I saw some of the potholes in the road that was behind the mall. That was definitely 4WD country. :_steering