PDA

View Full Version : to the marylanders (and former marylanders)

etlsport
05/22/2008, 08:05 AM
Got my emissions testing coming up.. got the ABS light on and the charging light due to an aftermarket alternator anyone know if this stuff is going to make me fail the emissions testing?

I wouldn't think so because neither problem is related to the emissions output of the vehicle but id rather not have to go twice and just get the problems taken care of (anyone know how to make that charging light go away?;Db;)

Also should be getting a PV this weekend or next week, so i REALLY want to put it on right away.. should i wait until after emissions testing? dont want to get a hard time about it being so loud or anything like that.. thanks!

tom4bren
05/22/2008, 08:24 AM
Is safety inspection done at the same time as emissions?

The ABS will certainly fail the safety inspection. Even the charge light could cause problems. Past experience in VA has told me that it depends a lot on what inspector does it.

ISCE
05/22/2008, 08:29 AM
Yes - the engine light will fail here. Happened on my wife's van.

As for the PV - never had a problem and have had it on the VX since right after I bought the VX.

etlsport
05/22/2008, 08:30 AM
no check engine light, just ABS and Battery/Charging light

nope no safety inspection, strictly emissions

although.. i guess i COULD fix the abs, i have the new pump and everything.. just no motivation to replace it since my vx stops very well as it is

WormGod
06/03/2008, 07:07 AM
Sorry, late on this, but nope, no issues with the PV. Been through EM about 3 times since I had mine on and never a question asked.

But ya, ANY CEL will fail you automatically. I had one years ago in my Rodeo, simply because the gas cap was cracked and it was throwing a CEL, heh. Talk about cheap.

etlsport
06/06/2008, 08:12 PM
well i passed no problem.. nobod even got into the vx.. i pulled up.. the guy gets the paper work in order, walks around the car to put their gas cap reading thing on.. i forgot to give him the key, when he comes back around im holding the keys to the vx out the window for him.. he looks in the window.. goes "its too early for this crap... just pull forward" so i pulled forward, got my certificate and was on my way in just under 2 minutes ;Db;

tomdietrying
06/07/2008, 08:21 AM
Good for you Elsport.

So............if the ABS light is on, will that cause you to fail the inspection?
If that's the case, how do you turn off the ABS light off? Which fuse is it or do you have to go behiind the dash?

Peace.
Tom

etlsport
06/07/2008, 08:44 AM
as far as i know, pulling the abs fuse will only cause the light to turn on, only way to turn the light off without actually fixing it is to cut one of the pins in the wiring harness.. even then im not sure if it would still flash on at startup.. if it didnt then you would still have a problem. i read the info they sent me on inspection and one of the bullets said your vehicle can not be tested with any warning lights illuminate such as brake, oil, etc

WormGod
06/09/2008, 07:16 AM
Awesome. Good to see our state tax money going to a good cause.... like techs not wanting to work, hahahaha. :cool:

Now you have no worries for 2 more years. Play on.

tom4bren
06/10/2008, 11:06 AM
congrats Eric - that was too easy. Hope I'm as lucky getting the Proton through safety this time (offset). I had your good luck last time & think I may have used it up.