PDA

View Full Version : Timing belt service

VX-157
05/21/2008, 07:54 PM
Hi guys. my latest service cost $1940...a little more than i was expecting....no new stero this month :eek:
a quick break down (with out $ sorry, paper work is at home)

timing belt. (appox 450$ i think)
valve shims.
tappets adjusted.
new platinum plugs
+ some time spent working on why my heater blower is constantly on (i just had the resistor fixed and the heater was working fine, now its stuck on low)
Labour was around 700-750$.

Anyways the work the boys did on my car was great...even though they had her for 4 days. (Wrong parts, slow delivery on parts etc)

Myself and the chief mechanic have learnt a lot about the vx..such as the dvdi engine requires 35mm shims (they ordered in the dvde shims) and the manual that I down loaded saved me a lot of trouble….praise to Google!

The iddy biddy beasty was running well before the service, but now it goes even better!

bty petrol cost in Canberra Australia is at $1.60 to $1.70 a litre (3.78 litres to a gallon)

SilverBullet75
05/21/2008, 10:36 PM
did they replace the timing belt tensioner?

VX-157
05/21/2008, 10:58 PM
did they replace the timing belt tensioner?

A complete timing belt kit was used, ie: timing belt tensioner, seals for the cams, and idlers

cheers

ps i had to ring up and asked wheather they did or not. thanks :o

logman
05/22/2008, 09:44 AM
Before you had the valves adjusted was your engine making valve train noise?

Mine has a rather loud ticking coming from the valve cover area... It's not EGR nut, or low end knock. I'm thinking about taking it in to an isuzu repair shop in Southbend Indiana to get the valves adjusted and timing belt kit done. My truck has 105k on it.

VX-157
05/22/2008, 03:37 PM
Before you had the valves adjusted was your engine making valve train noise?

Mine has a rather loud ticking coming from the valve cover area... It's not EGR nut, or low end knock. I'm thinking about taking it in to an isuzu repair shop in Southbend Indiana to get the valves adjusted and timing belt kit done. My truck has 105k on it.

My beasty had 115000 km on the clock so it was due to have it done. Now that you mention it the motor is a little less "knocky" but now runs great :cool: