PDA

View Full Version : Moab ZuZu 2008 VX Coffee Table Book

nfpgasmask
05/20/2008, 10:01 AM
OK, so I really want to put together a nice little book for the ZuZu 2008 gathering this year. I will be using Blurb ( http://www.blurb.com/ ) to put it all together. I'm not sure how big it will be yet or how much it will cost, all that is TBD.

Now, I have photos from several of you (VXIronWoman, Jay, Ldub, Pbkid, Crager, and Ascinder). So, what I would like from the rest of you, is like your 5-10 best photos in full resolution to include in the book, that is, if you want. If you have more than 10 you think are book worthy, that's fine too (the more the better actually), just break up the emails so my inbox doesn't get slammed to hard.

So, if you have photos you think should be in the book, mail them to me - nfp (at) nofuture (dot) com. Please give each photo a number of some kind, and a label so I know who sent it ( i.e. tomdietrying01.jpg, tomdietrying02.jpg, etc ) or something like that. Then, please include as much info about the pic as you can ( i.e.: tomdietrying01.jpg = Poison Spider, May 15th, Jofotoz VX on the dunes, etc, photo by Tom).

I want to include nice captions and such. I know you guys have the pics out there, and I don't want to slack on this and get it done like 6 months later. Speaking of which, I hope to get my 7 hours of video captured over the next couple months and get some DVDs together. I watched the first 2 hours of our Hell's Revenge adventure and the footage looks awesome in widescreen.

Anyway, if anyone has any ideas for the book, throw them my way. I never did get portraits of everyone, but I think we should have enough photos between all of use to get everyone in there for several pages.

Thanks!

Bart

CrnCnn
05/20/2008, 05:35 PM
sounds good. I definately want to submit some that were from your camera on Hells revenge.

tomdietrying
05/20/2008, 05:37 PM
Great idea Bart. Count me in!
Peace.
Tom

nfpgasmask
05/21/2008, 08:53 AM
Hmmm, so it seems there is some size restriction on my inbox, so emailing me the pics probably won't work. I will see about setting up some sort of file repository somehow so we can dump everything there.

Please Standby....

Bart

Petos
05/21/2008, 09:44 AM
Cool stuff, Bart, you are a computer guy so look forward to getting some instructions :)
I will send some high-resolutions pics, including those WITHOUT my VX, even though they will be hard to find :)

nfpgasmask
05/21/2008, 09:52 AM
Cool stuff, Bart, you are a computer guy so look forward to getting some instructions :)
I will send some high-resolutions pics, including those WITHOUT my VX, even though they will be hard to find :)

Hey Petos! It was really cool to meet you and your friend in Moab this year. Definitely send some pics once I get something setup for everyone. I do plan on putting a lot of landscape photos in the book as well. After all, Moab is easily one of the most unique and picturesque places in the US.

Bart

Ldub
05/21/2008, 10:09 AM
I think you already know that you can use any of my pics in any way you see fit.:thumbup:

nfpgasmask
05/21/2008, 02:25 PM
I think you already know that you can use any of my pics in any way you see fit.:thumbup:

Mais oui, mon frére! :)

Bart

cyronman
05/21/2008, 02:37 PM
Will "non-participants" be able able to order?

I swear I'm going next year...

nfpgasmask
05/21/2008, 02:44 PM

Absolutely.

Bart

LittleBeast
05/21/2008, 08:51 PM

Ditto, and ditto, but I try not to swear, lol.....

cyronman
05/21/2008, 08:57 PM
Ditto, and ditto, but I try not to swear, lol.....

not me...
I'm F@#*ing GOING next year!
;)

can't wait to see the book, Bart.

snowtrooper1966
05/21/2008, 09:30 PM
No swearing here either, but I am F@#*ing GOING next year as well....

That coffee table book should ba a must have for all the non attendees as motivation.

Are ya gonna bind it in black leather, Bart;)
James

LittleBeast
05/21/2008, 09:34 PM
Are ya gonna bind it in black leather, Bart;)

lol....

Moncha
05/22/2008, 06:10 AM
This is a wonderful idea! I love the idea of the business too. It's amazing what can be done now.

CrnCnn
05/07/2009, 07:52 PM
I wonder how this is coming. :rolleyes:

nfpgasmask
05/07/2009, 10:01 PM
I wonder how this is coming. :rolleyes:

Just as soon as the videos are done, and my website (nofuture.com) is done, then maybe....

:D Bart

Scott Harness
05/08/2009, 11:35 AM
Just as soon as the videos are done, and my website (nofuture.com) is done, then maybe....

:D Bart

Yea I want to see our day on Hell's Revenge:cool:

CrnCnn
05/08/2009, 11:52 AM
Yea I want to see our day on Hell's Revenge:cool:

He gave me a copy of the footage. I want to try and put my own spin on it soon.

nfpgasmask
05/08/2009, 01:21 PM
Yeah, Clint, that is only like 1/5th of the video I have from Hell's Revenge.

And you know, not to make excuses for myself, but I spend 8 hours a day sitting in front of the computer for 5 days a week. I used to be more into it, but as I have been in this line of work since I was 19, I just really find it difficult to go home and spend MORE hours working on my PC at home. That is really the only reason it hasn't happened yet.

Bart

kodiak
05/08/2009, 01:33 PM
I have been in this line of work since I was 19, I just really find it difficult to go home and spend MORE hours working on my PC at home. That is really the only reason it hasn't happened yet.

Bart

I definitely know how you feel.

Dumke
05/08/2009, 01:42 PM
Me2 Bart. I spend 8 hrs a day on a pc but I cant help myself and game as well and spend countles otehr hrs in front of pc.. Hmm maybe that is why i am fat... Man i am hungry...

Oh sorry. So ya that is why I dont post as much either and havent been on boards because time is done else were... Man I need another hobby.

nfpgasmask
05/08/2009, 01:50 PM
Me2 Bart. I spend 8 hrs a day on a pc but I cant help myself and game as well and spend countles otehr hrs in front of pc.. Hmm maybe that is why i am fat... Man i am hungry...

Yeah, I used to game A LOT. I was a serious Counter-Strike junkie for like 6+ years (FIRE IN THE HOLE!). I just can't do it anymore. My eyes REALLY bother me now and they never did before. I probably need to get an eye exam because I bet my eyes are going. Everyone in my family gets glasses as they get older and I doubt I am any different. It's a lot better now that I have flat screens at work and at home because before with the old school CRTs it was BAD. My eyes would burn and water and it just sucked. Now, my eyes feel better but they still get super tired by the end of the day and when I go home I just can't. I have like 3 websites that need work, the videos to complete, updates to VX Madness that need posting, and countless other things. Getting my timing belt how-to done was a feat. I just knew I had to get it all done while the job was fresh in my head or else it wasn't going to happen.

Another thing slowing me down is my computer at home is kinda old now. I am basically maxed out with hard drive space and if you know anything about video than you know how much hard drive space it eats up. I would definitely be more motivated to do computer work if I had a new PC, but that ain't happening for at least another year...

Bart

Scott Harness
05/08/2009, 06:51 PM
You guys are better men than I am.I literally could not do it.
:cool:

CrnCnn
05/09/2009, 10:22 AM
Yeah, Clint, that is only like 1/5th of the video I have from Hell's Revenge.
The footage you gave me wasnt all of it? I have quite a bit.

And you know, not to make excuses for myself, but I spend 8 hours a day sitting in front of the computer for 5 days a week. I used to be more into it, but as I have been in this line of work since I was 19, I just really find it difficult to go home and spend MORE hours working on my PC at home. That is really the only reason it hasn't happened yet.

Bart

I understand how it is. Just given you shizz.

kodiak
05/09/2009, 10:27 AM
My vision is actually pretty good. I needed glasses when I was about 20 then around 25 or so I didn’t need them anymore. On average I spend about 6 to 10hr a day on my system for work and fun. I’ve been a hardcore PC FPS gamer for about the last 17 years starting with Wolfenstein 3d. There’s an interesting stud I was reading about action games improving eye sight, take a look.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7967381.stm

CrnCnn
05/09/2009, 10:34 AM
Another thing slowing me down is my computer at home is kinda old now. I am basically maxed out with hard drive space and if you know anything about video than you know how much hard drive space it eats up. I would definitely be more motivated to do computer work if I had a new PC, but that ain't happening for at least another year...

Bart

I seem to need more RAM for mine. When I try and do vids my comp slows bigtime. The other thing is that I cant run the premiere pro 2.0 with the processor I have, at least thats what the window that opens tells me when I try and run it.

kodiak
05/09/2009, 10:57 AM
You’d be surprised how easy it is to build a really good gaming and video editing system these days. All you need is to pickup a cheap Athlon X2 based Compaq with a PCI Express Video slot at WalMart for as cheap as $300 and then buy a good $100 video card. That’s it, you’re ready to rock!! ;)

I seem to need more RAM for mine. When I try and do vids my comp slows bigtime. The other thing is that I cant run the premiere pro 2.0 with the processor I have, at least thats what the window that opens tells me when I try and run it.

CrnCnn
05/09/2009, 11:09 AM
You’d be surprised how easy it is to build a really good gaming and video editing system these days. All you need is to pickup a cheap Athlon X2 based Compaq with a PCI Express Video slot at WalMart for as cheap as $300 and then buy a good $100 video card. That’s it, you’re ready to rock!! ;)

Right now I have a Home made setup basically.
Specs
AMD Duron 1.2 GHz, 512 MB RAM(DDR but who cares since its only 512)
Nvidia Geforce FX 5200
3 - 80g HD's and 1T external

kodiak
05/09/2009, 01:50 PM
Wow! 2002 called, it wants its computer back.;)

Right now I have a Home made setup basically.
Specs
AMD Duron 1.2 GHz, 512 MB RAM(DDR but who cares since its only 512)
Nvidia Geforce FX 5200
3 - 80g HD's and 1T external

CrnCnn
05/09/2009, 03:59 PM
Wow! 2002 called, it wants its computer back.;)

Thanks for taking a message.

Dumke
05/09/2009, 04:40 PM
HAHA... Ya I spent quite a bit more but waaaaaay cheaper than if i were to buy from dell or some other company..

And since where talking hours here I guess I will divulge and you can either laugh or make the :eek: face in shock lol.

8 hourse at work and depending on how tired I am would say average 4-5 hrs at home for free time Almost everyday, scarce on weekends.. Most spent would probably be 8 at work and 8 at home. My eyes gonna hurt when I get older.

don moore
05/09/2009, 05:07 PM
im still running a p4 system.... 3.1ghz ..3gig ram ..agp gforce7950gt ..3 120gig hds..hey im old fashioned

CrnCnn
05/09/2009, 07:22 PM
im still running a p4 system.... 3.1ghz ..3gig ram ..agp gforce7950gt ..3 120gig hds..hey im old fashioned

if thats old fashioned, then according to Kodiak I am hanging with the cavemen. Not quite with the Dino's.