PDA

View Full Version : $395.21 - Post yours

nfpgasmask
05/20/2008, 09:37 AM
I just added up all my fuel receipts from the Moab trip and back.

Total: $395.21

Ouch. I was bracing for $600 in gas, so at least I am way under that figure. Still sucks though.

Bart

BigSwede
05/20/2008, 11:05 AM
I didn't save my receipts so as not to stress out about it, but I estimate I spent about $575 on gas. Which is almost exactly 10 times the amount I spent on lodging at Moab...($9/day tenting it).

Ascinder
05/20/2008, 12:13 PM
By any stretch thats a bargain vacation though. If you would have flown in and rented a Jeep it would have been more, and then you'd have missed all the fun at TGI Fridays.;) .............And you would have to rent a Jeep, just think about that;puke:

CrnCnn
05/20/2008, 12:19 PM
I am not sure, like Steve I avoided the number. But I think it has to be close to yours Bart. Probly a little less since I did a few less trips than you.

JoFotoz
05/20/2008, 01:28 PM
$741 in receipts........and worth every dime.

My budget was $800....I forgot to get 2 receipts...
....thats the way to stay under budget!!!:p

Cheapest gas................$3.69

Most expensive gas........$4.87

jo

BigSwede
05/20/2008, 01:47 PM
By any stretch thats a bargain vacation though.
Heck yeah...you don' wanna know what it is costing to go to Germany this summer...airfare alone is $1300 :eek:

orion
05/20/2008, 02:11 PM
$580 in gas with a budget of $600. and gas would have to go up a lot to stop me from going next year.

nfpgasmask
05/20/2008, 02:29 PM
Yeah, It was worth every cent, that's for sure. I would have been cheaper if we would have camped the whole time. But, the wife likes the Gonzo so I can't complain.

Bart

tomdietrying
05/20/2008, 02:58 PM
Let's see............

Gas...............$395

Portal Camping 4 Nights...... $35

Spending Money.......$200

A great vacation..............PRICELESS!!!!!!!

Peace.
Tom

Mrs. CRNCNN
05/20/2008, 07:16 PM
Gas = $160 give or take
Temporary tie rod repair = $30
Groceries = $80
Deluxe Car Wash I have yet to have = $20
Hanging with friends = I made $20! Thanks for dinner, Beau! :p (I'll get ya back.)

ELKO ELKO ELKO!!!

When is the Elko trip? Soon i hope!! I enjoyed babysitting Menace!!! He is a GREAT dog!!!!:clap:

Dumke
05/20/2008, 08:50 PM
lmfao I would rather not say but what did we decide Zues almost enough for a SAS..... man oh man what luck I have been having oh FUN!
even more luck trying get someone to own up to thier bolt mistake lol.

Actually despite my bad run of luck I had a blast. Cant wait till next year and now I am planning way more ahead than I did.

I dont even know gas I just remeber what I spent on repairs and thats it... how sad :p But like the comercial goes. Spending time with friends having fun... "PRICELESS!"

dietz99vcross
05/21/2008, 04:51 PM
Total gas cost to Moab $0.00

Not going and having to look at all the fun everyone had....Envy

I should start saving for the trip next year now, I just saw the news tonight and they are talking about oil at $200 a barrel in 2 years which would mean gas at $7.00 a gallon. So with that dandy news here is to Moab 2009.

Ldub
05/21/2008, 05:26 PM
Well, there's the $734.00 I know about for sure that's "etched in plastic"...

Then there's the $??? that I paid in ca$h money...prolly another $2-300.00

Best mileage recorded...17.52

Average mileage guesstimate...12-13, we had 3-4.5 days out of 5.5 travel days where we were pushin' against a headwind...& I'm pretty sure it's up-hill both ways.:sighwgray

The bargain of the trip was my half of the Red Rock Lodge bill...$170.50 for six nights lodging...thanks for wangling the group discount Chi-Chi...you're the Best!

Speaking of my little Sistr'...got a call from Her & Gill this afternoon, they had mech. probs in Ohio & needed Merlins phon #...her water pump pulley came loose somehow & shredded her serp belt. Merlin (THE MAN) was $100.00 cheaper, & four days faster than the local Isuzu stealership.

All in all, a GREAT time, made all the better when we found a little place in the Black Hills, called "Claw, Antler & Hide Co." Where I scored a couple of Skulls...1 Lynx, 2 Bobcat & an assortment of Badger claws & Porcupine quills. :cool:
Combined with the petrified Shark teeth (yes, I found the missing package) I purchaced in Moab, should make for an interesting "look" at next years gathering...:naughty:

Ldub
05/21/2008, 06:37 PM
I am picturing an assemblage of bones forming the letters V and X with a skull of some creature in the middle of the grill.

Nuh-Uhhh...BETTER!:naughty:

taylorRichie
05/23/2008, 11:57 AM
$311.15

Total cost for me including, Gas and out to dinner, lunch, breakfast each day. Plus the Charles A. Wells 2nd Edition with Spiral.

The hotel was ~$205 additional for 3 nights, but Brit paid that :D. Pays to book early and stay at the Red Rock $170 for twice the nights... insane... Although our room was pretty nice. Desert Inn, at the end of town.

taylorRichie
05/23/2008, 12:36 PM
The bargain of the trip was my half of the Red Rock Lodge bill...$170.50 for six nights lodging...thanks for wangling the group discount Chi-Chi...you're the Best!

By my calculations you paid $1.18 an hour!! That's a killer deal, vegas you're looking atleast $30/hour, and most hotels won't even rent by the hour.
;):p;)

Dumke
05/23/2008, 06:47 PM
Yeah Rob, I definitely think you could have paid for an SAS by now! What do you have in suspension, steering pieces, and repairs... $4000? :eek: $2000 in wheels and tires? Now that's commitment!

UM well maybe $5k wheel's lift and all for all then add repairs on top of that but that is my guestimate.

But ya its dedication and love it. As far as SAS or not dunno havent really thougth about it. I know I want a SC tho and well crap outta luck on that one. Choices, choices... what mod next...

VXIRONwoMAN
05/26/2008, 11:54 AM
Sorry I am WAY behind... I am sulking. I am still having issues with my VX.
:( I haven't driven her since thursday because the mechanic doesn't open til Tues because of the holiday weekend.

Anywho...

Gas: $648.74
Water pump pulley: $244.67
Labor for the install: $136.**
Serepentine belt: $50.23

Soon I will have to add the cost of whatever is causing my VX to shutter when it drives (It's almost as if I scared my VX going to Moab). It's really, really bad!!! There is some play in my drive train... I don't know what can be causing it...

Total cost not including the hotel/food/mods/repairs before Moab or the repairs to be done post-Moab... $1079.64

Me and Gill are taking ONE VX next year!