PDA

View Full Version : Broken Arrow Arizona

VCross007
05/15/2008, 02:09 PM
Hey out there to the vxers in arizona. I was just wondering if anyone had gone to the broken arrow trail near sedona? I'm going tomorrow and I was trying to find out what to watch out for. Also, for those with the mufflers, has anyone lost torque from putting a different muffler on? I put on the super 40 yesterday, and it sounds great, its just i lost torque i think.

Triathlete
05/15/2008, 03:10 PM
Haven't done broken arrow. Would join you if my VX wasn't in the shop. Come to think of it, if it wasn't in the shop I'd be in Moab. But BA is supposed to be a medium level trail. I believe there is only one obstacle that gives it that rating. There are a couple of short side trails that are worth the time also. If you have the Wells book it talks about them.
HERE (http://books.google.com/books?id=K5duDoiPh30C&pg=PA280&lpg=PA280&dq=broken+arrow+trail+arizona&source=web&ots=O86P-xg0ui&sig=bKKn3Vx2GEwtfbfsmuYZd4Omf_k&hl=en#PPA281,M1) is something that will be of use.

VCross007
05/16/2008, 09:11 PM
I am happy to report that I have successfully taken a stock vx on the Broken Arrow Trail in arizona! I hit 3 times, nothin serious, and probably could have been prevented if I had a spotter. I even went down the infamous Devil's staircase which is so much worse in real life than on youtube. The people in the pink jeep tours kept watchin me the whole time we were following them. After I went down the staircase, even the trail guide for pink jeep said i did it text book. it was pretty cool

Triathlete
05/16/2008, 09:17 PM
Great! You get any pics?

VCross007
05/17/2008, 02:00 AM
hey no i didnt get any pics, my gf was busy spotting me and I had jeeps in front and in back of me so i didnt get the chance. I have a video of me goin up the first slope. they're nice trails, i was surprised at what this thing can do. I wouldnt have been able to take the land rover back there

Grand_Canyon_VXer
05/21/2008, 12:01 PM
Yeah, I did that one also when I first got mine in '00. The pink jeeps have huge spongy suspension. They were saying there is no way in hell that thing will make the trail. Once i passed them at their stop they were quite amazed. Make sure to stop by submarine rock and take a look around also.

Great trails....

p.s. watch out for Chicken Point!