PDA

View Full Version : For sale - Infiniti tweeter speakers

Joe Isuzu
05/15/2008, 11:21 AM
I purchased these from Crutchfield in March of '07. They are from the "reference series" and model number is 6010cs. I was told by crutchfield that they were a drop-in fit, but that wasn't correct. They came with the door mounted speakers as a set so I went ahead and started cutting to get them to fit the tweeter trim plate. Over time, I got tired of the aftermarket look and got replacement plates. The speakers will be sold with the trim plates. Comes with handy installation instructions from Crutchfield, not really needed here but they do have nice pictures in case at some point you want to R&I the door trim panel or the radio. The passenger side speaker is mounted flush on the trim piece. I wanted to see if I liked a different mount better so the driver's side is partially covered and partially exposed. I.E. the passenger side sticks out more. I am also including the parts associated with either fitting. One last thing, the mounting point (that sticks up and has a crescent moon shape) on the driver's side is bokren. I had glued it and it worked fine, but when I took the trim pieces off again, it rebroke. You will simply have to glue it back on again.
Not looking to make a killing on this by any means, but these do me no good now and I want them to go to someone who can use them at a fair price. Any reasonable offers accepted. Cost new (with the door mounted speakers which are not being sold) was $136.49.

Joe Isuzu
05/15/2008, 11:22 AM
this is the left side

Joe Isuzu
05/15/2008, 11:24 AM
and the right
and I realize there is a way of degrading photo quality so I can fit all on the same post, but honestly, I don't know how to do it and am not going to try and learn so please bare with me concerning the three posts on my own thread :)

PK
05/15/2008, 07:05 PM
Hi Joe,
would you be prepared to post or Fedex these to Australia for me.
The previous owner of my Beast had a guy attempt to fit speakers in this position and they totally stuffed it up.
Now all I see, is the inside end of my mirrors, no trim at all.
I am sure there is a way I can convert some Aussie $ and get them to you.

Here's hoping.

PK

Joe Isuzu
05/16/2008, 02:48 PM
I don't see why not, I've shipped to France and Canada before but not our friends "down under"
would paypal work for you? if not, I'm sure we can work something out, honestly I have no idea what shipping will be though, good thing is they're not terribly heavy but they're slightly bulky simply due to their surface area

PK
05/16/2008, 05:28 PM
I don't see why not, I've shipped to France and Canada before but not our friends "down under"
would paypal work for you? if not, I'm sure we can work something out, honestly I have no idea what shipping will be though, good thing is they're not terribly heavy but they're slightly bulky simply due to their surface area

Thanks Joe. Last time I bought something in USA the Fedex cost me about $75. Thats not a problem for me because I know I have no chance of getting these items here, and at the moment it is the only thing spoiling a perfect interior. If you can give me a weight estimate and package size, and your zip code, I can get a quote from Fedex or UPS. Or you could get a quote - coming to Hobart, Tasmania, Australia. 7000
Also, what do you want for the bits - then I can send you the moola. Paypal is fine, I have an account.

Peter

Joe Isuzu
05/17/2008, 07:50 AM
Wow, that's a lot for shipping. I actually bought the replacement ones new recently. You certain you can't get new ones? Granted, it was more than $70 for each one, but your choice. As far as payment goes, does $20 with shipping sound fair? I can weigh the package on Monday at work and then let you know the specfics so you can determine what is the best/most economical way to ship for you.

PK
05/17/2008, 04:45 PM
Wow, that's a lot for shipping. I actually bought the replacement ones new recently. You certain you can't get new ones? Granted, it was more than $70 for each one, but your choice. As far as payment goes, does $20 with shipping sound fair? I can weigh the package on Monday at work and then let you know the specfics so you can determine what is the best/most economical way to ship for you.

Hi Joe,
more than happy at $20 plus shipping thanks.
Perhaps we should take this to PM's to finalise all the detail.
If you can let me know the weight, package dimensions (roughly) and your zip code, I can get a quote on the shipping and then Paypal you the money to get them under way.

Regards

Peter