PDA

View Full Version : Michigan VXers.....Please

IndianaVX
05/12/2008, 12:58 PM
well, i cant go to moab, but thinking about cruzin northern michigan way to do some mushroom hunting. our season is about done here in central indiana, but cant really find much about who to contact, prices, etc. i dont like getting shot at, (wouldnt be the first time:eek:)and dont just want to find some woods, and go for it. ive got about a two day window that i can go. can anyone up there give me some tips???
id greatly appreciate it.:cool:
thanks in advance,
david
IndianaVX

JHarris1385
05/12/2008, 03:01 PM
Any luck this season thus far?
My family in Salem found loads of them in Washington County!

IndianaVX
05/12/2008, 05:41 PM
hey john,
yeah, ive found over 200, but im looking to have enough to dry, and store for later months. its been awhile since ive found THAT many....
i kept meaning to get down that way, and hunt the hills of salem, and wash. co. but never got the chance.
my mom, brother, and i were thinking about taking a couple of days to go up north. just dont know the details about doing that. look at this one....http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/2_6_07d33.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=11150)
i should add by the way, unfourtunatly, this is not me....
have you been able to get out and hunt any??? i gave you a call a while back to see how you were doing, didnt hear back. anyway, hope all is well down there.

JHarris1385
05/12/2008, 08:30 PM
That is almost too big. What a steak of a morel. We just had a mushroom dinner in Pekin last sunday. I am down in my back to do too much so I have not been this year but my mom and company fille about 2.5 gallons worth in a day. I think they found the most in the pekin/salem area. I hear the seymor area was dry this year.

I will get word from my mom and see if the season is still good in those hills.

I am really craving some right now.

.....As for the phone call... My fiance was in charge of my phone during those times and said she could not remember who left me a voicemail and called but thought it was a VX owner. THANKS for the wishes, now I know who it was.