PDA

View Full Version : It ain't looking good kids...

MSHardeman
05/09/2008, 03:23 PM
Due to some serious mechanical inexperience on my part; this past weekend when I painted my calipers, installed the braided steel brake lines, installed the new rotors and installed the new pads I didn't plug up the brake lines and the whole brake system ended up running dry. After a day and a half of bleeding the brakes there was still some air in the system that I just couldn't seem to get at. I finally threw in the towel this morning and brought the VX to a mechanic. He said that it was probably the fact that the ABS module had run dry too, and it is very hard to get air out of them unless you can get them to fire. He said that he has a computer that he can hook up to the VX to get the ABS to cycle, but he was slammed with work and the only reason he said that he would squeeze me in is because of the VX, and the fact that he and his business partner have been looking for one to turn it into an electric vehicle. They wanted mine there so they could get a closer look at one. It is now 4:30 on Friday, and I haven't heard back from him yet. I don't think that they work on the weekends so Monday sometime might be the earliest that I can get the VX back.

With all of that said, it looks like I might miss the CoZuvoy, at a minimum, and may end up missing ZuZoo all together unless this guy can get his act together. :mad: If I get it back Monday I may be pulling into Moab very late so I can at least make the VX run.

I HOPE to see everyone soon.

VXIRONwoMAN
05/09/2008, 03:55 PM
Oh NO!!! You have my number if things change! Let me know what's up. We are strolling into Denver sometime, mid afternoon, late evening on the 11th...

You all need to stop doing crazy things to your VXs before MOAB! Our numbers are dwindling...

Ldub
05/09/2008, 04:03 PM
Gotta get-er-done Mark...call them boys up & light a fire under em'.

rowhard
05/09/2008, 05:36 PM
Mark, sorry for your misfortune, but at least one good thing will come out of this. All of us that take on brake hose change's or any other brake job's that mean's breaking the lines will remember this. Hope it works out.

MSHardeman
05/09/2008, 08:39 PM
OK, just got back from the mechanics shop (yes it's 9:45 my time) where I helped him bleed the brakes out and now.....
IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG

Apparently if you let the brake system go completly dry, there is a special way to bleed them to get all the air out (I'll start a new thread).

Time for a little VX lovin' (read detailing) this weekend and a meet up with the folks coming from Chi Town and Denver on Monday afternoon.

See you guys Monday.

kodiak
05/09/2008, 08:48 PM
COOL!!!!:dance:

nocturnalVX
05/09/2008, 09:20 PM
Way cool! Glad the last minute snafu didn't cause you to miss out... see you soon!