PDA

View Full Version : ISUZU Diagnosis computer system on EBay!

kodiak
05/08/2008, 08:42 PM
Take a look at this!:p
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DIAGNOSIS-SYSTEM-ISUZU-WITH-DELL-COMPUTER_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43989QQihZ008Q QitemZ180239713201QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Thmstec
05/08/2008, 08:59 PM
I'm soo tempted xD

etlsport
05/08/2008, 10:21 PM
nice! im only like 15 minutes away from there.. hmmmm

kodiak
05/08/2008, 10:23 PM
I’d get it but its local pickup only.:(

Zorak
05/09/2008, 03:28 AM
I’d get it but its local pickup only.:(

Seller says he would ship tower with software only and who cares about CRT monitors anyways:bwgy:

kodiak
05/09/2008, 04:54 AM
Nice! That software could be a vary valuable tool to have, it’s basically the dealer database.:eek:

taylorRichie
05/09/2008, 07:47 AM
If anyone bids, they should announce it here, so there's not a VX bidding war :D

etlsport
05/09/2008, 08:04 AM
i will be bidding a little closer to the auction end.. and of course if i win my place will be a place VXers can go to diagnose their VX related problems:thumbup:

nfpgasmask
05/09/2008, 08:31 AM
OK folks. This is a good thing for us. All we need to do, is make sure some ON THIS FORUM wins. Since this is just a Dell computer running some special software, we should be able to make an image of the hard drive and distribute it, or possibly just burn copies of the CDs. If I were to win it, I could easily facilitate this.

Eric, if you want dibs, that fine with me, just make sure you win.

Bart

nfpgasmask
05/09/2008, 09:01 AM
OK, talking with Etl, we worked out a deal. I am going to attempt to win the auction, and Etl will pick up and ship to me. Thanks dude!

So, if all works out, I will make the data available to everyone.

Bart

Ldub
05/09/2008, 09:03 AM
OK, talking with Etl, we worked out a deal. I am going to attempt to win the auction, and Etl will pick up and ship to me. Thanks dude!

So, if all works out, I will make the data available to everyone.

Bart

:thumbup:.-.:thumbup:.-.:dance:.-.:thumbup:.-.:thumbup:.-.:_wrench:.-.:cool:

VXIRONwoMAN
05/09/2008, 09:05 AM
I was going to bid on it, but Bart beat me to it! We can all help pitch in to help pay for the cost, to ensure we all win! What do you say?

nfpgasmask
05/09/2008, 09:07 AM
I was going to bid on it, but Bart beat me to it! We can all help pitch in to help pay for the cost, to ensure we all win! What do you say?

Sure, that will help, if enough people are willing to contribute say $25 each, then I can up my max bid by that much each time, to ensure our chances. Something like this is pretty valuable, but who knows what people are willing to pay.

Bart

VXIRONwoMAN
05/09/2008, 09:14 AM
Sure, that will help, if enough people are willing to contribute say $25 each, then I can up my max bid by that much each time, to ensure our chances. Something like this is pretty valuable, but who knows what people are willing to pay.

Bart

I'm sure you have a paypal account... Use that so we can contribute...or I can just give you the $$$ in MOAB!!!! YAAAY! (Sorry, I am excited...:bwgy: I leave tomorrow morning.) I don't have "portable internet", so I won't be able to keep tabs on it...

Good luck! I hope you win!

taylorRichie
05/09/2008, 09:26 AM
I'm willing to contribute as well...

Don't really want to install windows on my machine... but will for this. :D

nfpgasmask
05/09/2008, 09:27 AM
I'm sure you have a paypal account... Use that so we can contribute...or I can just give you the $$$ in MOAB!!!! YAAAY! (Sorry, I am excited...:bwgy: I leave tomorrow morning.) I don't have "portable internet", so I won't be able to keep tabs on it...

Good luck! I hope you win!

Yup, I do have a paypal account. I think we will just wait and see if I win. If the price gets really high, then I will see who wants to help out. For now, I will just leave my sniper bid in there for the auction's closing. So, you won't see my action until about 20 seconds from the end. I will be in Moab at the time too, but I will have my laptop, so hopefully I can jack into the Matrix somewhere and check on things.

Bart

nfpgasmask
05/09/2008, 09:44 AM
Well, hopefully, I can just make copies of all the software for everyone. Worst case scenrio, if this machine is running some sort of weird proprietary XP OS made specifically for this "Isuzu Dell Computer", than I will make an image of the hard drive, which should work via MS Virtual Machine for everyone. It will take some work to get it figured out, but my guess is this is just a regular old Dell computer, running Windows XP, with an Isuzu Corporation image on it, that was provided by Isuzu to Dell, so Dell can ship all the machines pre-loaded this way to the dealerships. A lot of big companies do it this way. So that means, all I need to do is rip all the software for everyone, and make it available either via the mail through me, or on this website. I bet its just a bunch of stuff like the manual we already have and then some.

Here we are talking about it like we already won. I'll shut up now until the auction is over. :)

Bart

JHarris1385
05/09/2008, 10:24 AM
Great idea. We better win here. I was going to post that we better not be bidding against each other for no reason. It would be best to snipe this one out get it dirt cheap as possible and then copy the files and distribute. This makes me want to call to other isuzu and see if they have something available.

It would be nice to make sure they have a VX specific info. I know we have crossed referenced parts but if there was something more specific it would be alot better.

Has anyone questioned this dude?

kodiak
05/09/2008, 11:55 AM
Good Deal! If we are lucky it won’t go over $50. Thanks in advance etlsport for picking this up. :)

kodiak
05/09/2008, 12:04 PM
Bart, if you need any help reverse engineering this thing let me know. I have some experience in this arena. Thanks again!

Knigh7s
05/09/2008, 01:45 PM
Bart,

If you need any help with this let me know as well.

Also PM me your paypal, I'll send some money your way.

I would not doubt that there would be other snipers outside our group as well, so having a large pot of cash wouldnt hurt just incase...

nfpgasmask
05/09/2008, 01:51 PM
Cool, thanks guys, I think we will have a good chance. We can sort out splitting the cost up a little after the fact. For now, just send your money Moncha's way. :)

Bart

Thmstec
05/09/2008, 02:51 PM
Count me in if you want some help splitting the cost.

kodiak
05/10/2008, 08:53 AM
Its at a $1.25! :p

newthings
05/10/2008, 09:18 AM
Bart
I always set my ESNIPE account to 4 seconds. Never fails
Roy

nocturnalVX
05/10/2008, 09:26 AM
Cool, thanks guys, I think we will have a good chance. We can sort out splitting the cost up a little after the fact. For now, just send your money Moncha's way. :)

Bart

This group ROCKS!!! I'll see you in Moab Bart, and thanks to all for making me proud to be a member!

Tone
05/11/2008, 03:58 PM
I don't see where it has the ODBII connector and interface nor any mention of code reading or reset ability. Sounds like a lot of workshop CD info which for the VX is downloadable for free on my site - it has flow charts for diagnosing and resolving problems.

I hope I'm wrong but you might want to ask the seller some more questions. Unless you can get a good deal on a Dell... ;)

Things that sound too good to be true usually are just that.

kodiak
05/11/2008, 06:16 PM
I don’t think it does ether; it looks like it’s mainly a support database with trouble shooting, service and recall information for the dealer. If that software was regularly updated with resolutions steps for issue that have popped up over the years I think it will be more then worth it.

JHarris1385
05/14/2008, 07:34 PM
So it looks like Sgt. Batguano here on the forums won the item. I hope he was in on the ordeal.

kodiak
05/15/2008, 12:18 AM
So it looks like Sgt. Batguano here on the forums won the item. I hope he was in on the ordeal.

Crap, I don’t know if he new what the plan was. He probably didn’t read this thread. Dues anyone know him that can send a PM? :confused:

JHarris1385
05/15/2008, 05:18 AM
Sent hime an email here is his response ( I sent him the link to this thread). Someone else who is handling this and has more computer skills needs to take some action.

Here is his email:

Hello,

If the info on the computer can be distributed to forum members, I'll try to do it, but I may need someone to host the data depending on file size.

I called the seller prior to bidding and he mentioned extra stuff such as other dvds and some kind of tester. Since I already have an Isuzu powerlink tester, power recorder and 3 sets of powerlink diagnostic CD's, if I receive a duplicate of any of those, I'll put it up for sale.

I'm always collecting one-off items of interest.

Best regards,

Mike

Chopper
05/16/2008, 08:56 AM
Thought he sold his VX....??

VCrossfan
05/16/2008, 10:54 AM
SGT.BATGUANO'S last post in this forum was 3-25-08 at 7:19am. before that his last post was 3-20-05 at 2:33am. So he has been inactive for quite some time. According to his ebay history he's still tinkering w/Isuzu's

Knigh7s
05/16/2008, 02:16 PM
If you can get ahold of him again, I wouldn't mind hosting everything on my vx site (http://vx.xclusivmedia.net/). I could also set everything up as a torrent download so it can be distributed a bit easier among us.

let me know

JHarris1385
05/16/2008, 02:24 PM
Since you host the site you should contact him versus a third party.

Just go to the ebay page and email or this site here and email and or pm him