PDA

View Full Version : tones blinker new use

zadam123
06/22/2003, 07:33 AM
I bought tones blinker conversion and decided to use it in a diffrent way, i hooked it up to our font blinker lights to keep them on when i turn my parking lights on, I always wanted another pair of fogs and now i kinda got em. What i did was i took out the lights and in back there is a plastic piece which i cut off and drilled the hole for the new light. since tones light was much smaller than the OEM blinker light i decided to use my OEM to be the one to stay on ( i also got super white bulbs for there) so i rewired it to my horn lighs ( since i already have other stuff hooked up to there like neon and stuff and its already fused by me) and wired tones lights to the OEM blinker wireing. and whala NEW FOGS AND BLINKERS in one. I guess you can also rewire the OEM to the parking lights too.

you can see a pic in my gallery of what they look like on, Now in order to really appreciate it you of course need either rons or a clear lense.

PS here is my question, since i did theis my blinkers are blinking fast like a bulb is out but its not, I think its because tones blinker light is smaller than our OEM. so i think there is something going on there, ANY IDEAS? Also when i put on my hazzards they blink fine.

adam:confused:

AREA 51
06/23/2003, 09:54 AM
Regular and emergency are 2 different flashers. The more load you put on the regular, the more/ faster it will heat up / flash, as it is a thermally operated device. Try a heavy-duty flasher to cure the problem.

Tone
06/23/2003, 10:08 AM
Good idea! Some of us who have replaced the round indicator lights with the PIAA 1200s or Hellas have taken the bulb and socket that was in the indicators and put them down in the turn signals. I’d suggest changing it around where the stock turn signal bulbs stay as they are and the new, smaller bulbs in the kit be used as always on or put brighter Malibu bulbs in them.