PDA

View Full Version : "IRONMAN" the movie

Dumke
05/03/2008, 08:22 PM
Just got finished watching it with the kids and man was it packed. All I can say is OMG go watch it. I would have to say this is the bext one out all the marvel, dc movies that have come out so far and I am far from a comic book freak. So comic book freaks maybe a little more harsh but who knows. I just know I throughly enjoyed movie and suggest you all go see it.

Also wait till credits are over you get a nice suprise :)

Also saw a preview of the new "HULK" movie which I never watched first one but heard rumor iron man was making a quick quest apprerance in there as well.

Dont want to ruin anymore of it so will leave it at that.

Triathlete
05/03/2008, 09:32 PM
Don't need no stinkin movie...I are one x12!:bwgy:

Oh, wait! THAT Ironman!:rolleyes:

johnnyapollo
05/03/2008, 09:32 PM
I saw it too and thought it was very good. And yes I am a comic book geek.

-- John

snowtrooper1966
05/03/2008, 10:07 PM
IMO, one of the best comic book adaptaions. True to origin, Robert Downey Jr, and the character translates well to the big screen via CG. Most of the desert footage was filmed locally (50 miles) from my local. And recent comic geeks, as mentioned, should stay past the credits, if you have any "initiative".....
Nuff said!
James

Mark B
05/04/2008, 08:39 AM
I collected Marvel comics as a kid. I still have them today. I started in the 60's just after the oirginal editions which are worth $$$$ today.
I still have some Iron Man comics and am looking forward to seeing the movie.

4X4 UFO
05/04/2008, 08:45 AM
I saw the movie Friday. One of the best super-hero movies, ever. Good script, great acting, and the special effects (especially on the articulation of the armor) are nearly perfect. Worth seeing, oh, 10 or 12 times......

Y33TREKker
05/04/2008, 10:00 AM
I had planned to see it because it was supposed to be one of the first movies this year to show the trailer for the new X-Files movie, but now I've heard that preview is being held back awhile longer, so my main motivation for seeing it is gone. It does look cool though, so I may check it out eventually anyway.

cyronman
05/04/2008, 10:32 AM
saw the first showing yesterday. it is really frykn good.
thought the ending could of used a little bit more effort but for the most part it held my attention from start to finish.

i've never been a comic book guy, and have never really enjoyed the X-men or Fantastic 4 kind of flicks. Even thought the last Superman was pathetic.
But there was something very believable about this flick. and i'm a huge Favreau fan and i liked the way he directed this.

WormGod
05/05/2008, 07:40 AM
I havent seen it yet, but from the hype I am hearing from friends who saw it, it is a must. Guess I'll be dishing out $10 for a movie here soon.

Oh, and for any other comic geeks out there, with the upcoming Wolverine flick, I "heard" from fairly reliable sources that "Deadpool" (best comic character EVAR!) is gonna cameo. KICK ARSE.... except for the fact that it is rumored that Ryan Reynolds is gonna play him. :( Anyone else heard otherwise? I would prefer CarrotTop over him.

snowtrooper1966
05/06/2008, 10:18 AM
I tend to stay away from preproduction rumors and trailers. I like to just sit down and watch a film in the theater without any preconceptions. Kind of difficult these days, but has paid off in the past.
James

nfpgasmask
05/06/2008, 10:27 AM
Being a VERY critical movie watcher, and considering the Hulk and Fantastic Four, I figured I would pass on Iron Man....maybe I should see it, however I can wait until it comes out on DVD. I will go see the new Batman though.

Bart

4X4 UFO
05/06/2008, 10:53 AM
Bart,
I know what you mean about F4 and the Hulk, and I agree. I assume you enjoyed "Batman Begins", and I thought that "Batman Begins" was the best superhero movie so far, until I saw "Ironman". I'm anxoius to see the new "Batman" movie, also. You might want to go ahead and see "Ironman". I don't think you'll regret it.

Randy

nfpgasmask
05/06/2008, 11:43 AM
Bart,
I know what you mean about F4 and the Hulk, and I agree. I assume you enjoyed "Batman Begins", and I thought that "Batman Begins" was the best superhero movie so far, until I saw "Ironman". I'm anxoius to see the new "Batman" movie, also. You might want to go ahead and see "Ironman". I don't think you'll regret it.

Randy

Yeah, F4 was HORRID. I really liked Spiderman 1 and 2, but I heard 3 was pretty bad. I have not see it yet either. I loved Batman Begins, yes. Maybe I will give Tony Stark a whirl. The only bad thing I have heard, is that the story is a little disjointed.

Bart

snowtrooper1966
05/06/2008, 03:46 PM
Hey, Bart!
No too sure you'd like it...His costume is not black, nor does he drive a black vehicle;)
Growing up, FF was always one of my favorite comix, but I was horrified how it translated to the screen. Not even the apperarance of the Silver Surfer and the showdow of Galactus could save the second film....
James

Ascinder
05/06/2008, 10:58 PM
I liked that the acting, comedy moments, and special effects seemed more balanced than alot of other recent movies I have seen lately. Bart, I will tell you that you will have some "suspension of disbelief" issues as you would put it, but they are fairly minor. I thoroughly enjoyed it, they are definitely getting a better handle on converting comics to movies. As a bonus to you they have a "preview" that says they are re-screening Deathnote in select theatres later this month.

So-CalVX
05/06/2008, 11:33 PM
ok. Can someone tell me what I missed after the credits. I was forced out during. PM I guess so noone gets mad?

But on the deathnote topic. I'm all over that. It's a live action movie based on the Japanese hentai and is a 2 evening event from what I checked. I dunno if it'll be any good, but I'll be there.

ISCE
05/07/2008, 01:22 PM
Yup! Excellent movie, definitely gonna get the DVD when it comes out. My family all loved it, even my wife who really isn't into the genre. I came home and started working again with my robotics kits. Defininately worth seeing in the theatre.